Social Workers visit McCanns, check on twins

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Social workers have visited missing Madeleine McCann's parents at their home to discuss the welfare of the couple's other two children.
Kate and Gerry McCann invited the officials for talks about two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie in the light of their being named as suspects in their eldest daughter's disappearance 133 days ago.
Child protection experts met the couple at their house in Rothley, Leicestershire, as journalists waited at the entrance to the cul-de-sac.It is standard practice for a mother or father named as a suspect overseas to have their case considered by British authorities.
In these cases social services can in theory decide to take children into care or place them on the "in need" or "at risk" registers.It is not known what was discussed at the meeting or what, if anything, was decided from it.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20070913/tuk-social-workers-discuss-mccann-twins-6323e80_1.html

Also says,
Meanwhile, it was reported that Kate McCann's private diary documents her struggles to look after her "hysterical" children and reveals details about the night Madeleine went missing.

True?? Who knows.

I am not so sure if Social Services will take the twins away. The Mc Canns seem to have a lot of support from British Media and people in general and having so many relatives, I don't think they will take the kids away although it makes me so angry that they haven't been charge with negligence! *sigh* If the diary reveals THAT...now that would be interesting.

I like this quote from the above article

"Speaking from Rothley, Mr McCann's brother John McCann said: "They will co-operate with anyone who has the family's best interests at heart.""

Who's perception of the "best interest" of the family? The McCanns? So, whoever thinks they are guilty, the will not talk to??

And how about this line...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1284044,00.html

"A spokeswoman for the family said: "As responsible parents concerned for the welfare of their twins, on return from Portugal, Gerry and Kate contacted social services to arrange a meeting to discuss their wellbeing.""

Do you really think they called in social services themselves? Maybe they knew they were coming and went ahead and called to formalize the appointment, but I do not see them making the first step to have someone come in and investigate how they are caring for the twins.

I see them offering up the invitation - why not? They have PR people to advise them and what better way to make good than to throw down the welcome mat for those who will ultimately decide if they get to keep their remaining children.

I realize they made an incredibly disgusting decision by choosing to leave them alone, but what do we really think is going to be found in their home - a whipping belt with dried blood on it?

They should come prepared with a child protective "order", that allows them to collect samples from the twins, for drug testing. Hair, urine and blood. This slip-shod silliness about showing up to "check" is about as fruitful as "looking" in their sippy cups.

Ridiculous. It suggests that the UK does not want to know, what they don't already know.

"Speaking from Rothley, Mr McCann's brother John McCann said: "They will co-operate with anyone who has the family's best interests at heart.""

Who's perception of the "best interest" of the family? The McCanns? So, whoever thinks they are guilty, the will not talk to??

"A spokeswoman for the family said: "As responsible parents concerned for the welfare of their twins, on return from Portugal, Gerry and Kate contacted social services to arrange a meeting to discuss their wellbeing.""

Do you really think they called in social services themselves? Maybe they knew they were coming and went ahead and called to formalize the appointment, but I do not see them making the first step to have someone come in and investigate how they are caring for the twins.

I can state this as fact and no, I don't need a reputable news media, law enforcement or the family to validate to me what occurred here. I have brains.

They called to set the appointment time up to be interviewed, that is all too standard and well known. Since it's a normal practice in Britain under these circumstances, it wasn't a surprise visit. This was a scheduled appointment, where all parties could be present.

But whoever said they called, they sure have made it seem that the mccanns did it to make them look good. This only validates to me they need to make stuff up to make them look good. Slant the truth. Slant the truth.

Give all those people enough rope, and they will and already are hanging themselves because through the tongue the abundance of the heart flows. It's a spiritual law. If you want to know something, just listen to a person talk.

I see them offering up the invitation - why not? They have PR people to advise them and what better way to make good than to throw down the welcome mat for those who will ultimately decide if they get to keep their remaining children.

I realize they made an incredibly disgusting decision by choosing to leave them alone, but what do we really think is going to be found in their home - a whipping belt with dried blood on it?

No, but inexperienced parents who have hysterical children. Children that act hysterical without a legitimate reason, has practiced this many times. They've practiced tantrums, starting with very mild disagreeable outbursts too eventually graduating to full blown outbursts of hysteria.

A definite learned behavior. Now there is exceptions to this, like health, crisis, trauma, that is real, not everyday life.

From yet another article:

Mr McCann's older brother John, 48, said: "Kate has invited social services to make sure everything was okay, that was at her behest."

Hmmmmm......

About the kids' behavior...yesterday on the TV I saw video of Gerry and Flake taking the twins out for a walk. Standing in the doorway was a woman who appeared to be shouting at little Amelie.

I wonder if these poor little tykes get yelled at all the time...except when sedated???

The little boy seems to be sleeping all the time in the vids.

And was that the Nanny in the doorway?

About the kids' behavior...yesterday on the TV I saw video of Gerry and Flake taking the twins out for a walk. Standing in the doorway was a woman who appeared to be shouting at little Amelie.

I wonder if these poor little tykes get yelled at all the time...except when sedated???

The little boy seems to be sleeping all the time in the vids.

And was that the Nanny in the doorway?

I wonder if they were getting yelled at on TV. I wonder, too, if her named was being called simply to get her attention.

Probably the woman yelling in the doorway was not aware that she was on camera...in the corner of the frame.

No need for a woman to be yelling at them. They have Gerry saying F---off in front of them.

Well however they got there, I'm glad that someone is there to make sure the twins are in a healthy situation until this gets sorted out.

However it's handled, I hope they do a thorough job. I agree with Bloodshot. These children should be tested for sedatives.

I am not so sure if Social Services will take the twins away. The Mc Canns seem to have a lot of support from British Media and people in general and having so many relatives, I don't think they will take the kids away although it makes me so angry that they haven't been charge with negligence! *sigh* If the diary reveals THAT...now that would be interesting.
I too am frustrated that it is deemed acceptable, by some, to leave children alone unsupervised whilst drinking and partying... I think they do not deserve to have the little kids in their custody. Harsh but true IMO.

The one good thing that thankfully comes of all this is, the McCanns will never leave their children alone again, even to have dinner in the "garden."

(I'm not sure they ever did have dinner in the garden at home, but that's what Gerry compared leaving them in the resort room to, the backyard/patio of their own home.)

If you read Gerry's blog upon returning home it says "we met with officials." The McCanns HAD to have set up that meeting in advance, because they would be the ones knowing when they would return home. Officials are not going to be on stand by for the day the McCanns decide to take a flight home. This was pre-arranged at the same time they were booking the flight, etc.

The one good thing that thankfully comes of all this is, the McCanns will never leave their children alone again, even to have dinner in the "garden."

(I'm not sure they ever did have dinner in the garden at home, but that's what Gerry compared leaving them in the resort room to, the backyard/patio of their own home.)

I've seen pictures of their home and if they have a garden 1000 feet away in their backyard, that's a very good trick.

You would be surprised. Man is the only "animal" who puts his own foot twice in the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy