GUILTY MO - Erica Green, 3, 'Precious Doe', murdered, Kansas City, 28 April 2001

She is definitely not forgotten. I hope and pray that someday we will be able to find out what really happened and bring people to justice.

\o/ Praise the Lord, Precious has been identified.

May the monsters that did this to this precious child get what they deserve.

Finally !! Now justice can be served. Bless this little baby.

Oh my gosh. After all this time, I can hardly believe we know who she is now! I've got tears in my eyes.

Girl Found Decapitated In 2001 No Longer Called 'Precious Doe'

May 5, 2005
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- In a brief news release early Thursday morning, Kansas City police said that the young girl known for the past four years as Precious Doe has been identified.The girl referred to as "Precious Doe" since 2001, whose decapitated body was found in Kansas City, Mo., has been identified as Erica Michelle Maria Green, 3.

In April 2001, a young girl's decapitated body was found in a wooded area near Hibbs Park at 59th Street and Kensington Avenue in Kansas City, Mo. Her head was later found nearby. Until now, police have not been able to identify the girl, and there were very few solid leads in the case since that time.

The girl has now been identified as Erica Michelle Maria Green, 3.
Investigators will hold a news conference at 10 a.m. Thursday at police headquarters.Police Captain Rich Lockhart said everyone at the police department is "excited beyond words" by the development. Jackson County prosecutor Mike Sanders says he's been presented a file on the case and will be announcing charges.Police went to Muskogee, Okla., this week to check out a tip that an Oklahoma woman may be the mother of the young girl.

The information came from an Oklahoma man who contacted Kansas City activist Alonzo Washington after seeing an advertisement in a Kansas City newspaper. The man claimed to know the identity of Precious Doe and who killed her. The man claimed that Precious Doe's mother went to Kansas City in 2001 seeking a job, but became involved in drugs.

The man with the tip is a relative of the Johnsons, officials said. He said he had a granddaughter who he hasn't seen since 2001 when her mother, Michelle Johnson, took the 3-year-old girl to Kansas City.Two people were taken into custody in Oklahoma in connection with the case. The Muskogee Phoenix identified the pair as Harrell Johnson, 25, and Michelle Johnson, 30, both of Muskogee.The case has been widely publicized with police following up on more than 1,000 tips.....

Link:
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/4452117/detail.html

Was Erica a missing child? Why hasn't anyone come forward sooner?

Shannon

Oh, I'm so glad this little girl was finally identified. I hope they determine what happened to her and put the monster away that did this to her.

This is one case I never really had much hope of them solving. Thank God they proved me wrong. And I do hope that they are able to bring her killers to justice. This little one, like so many others- deserves it!
Now she can rest with a name and a grandfather who missed her.

Thank goodness! I thought about her a lot! Now she has a name!!!! "Erica"

From the story it sounds like the grandfather called it in. The mother apparently went to Kansas City and then returned without the daughter and the grandfather saw a story about "Precious Doe".

RIP little one!

This warms my heart. I am so thankful the people of Kansas City didn't give up on this child. God bless Erica.

May her 'precious' soul Rest In Peace Now.

Her name was Erica Michelle Marie Greene.

She was just shy of 4 when she was murdered in 2001. Her mother Michelle Johnson and father Harrell Johnson are in custody now and Michelle is awaiting extradition from Muskogee, OK to Kansas City, MO.

Here's one news article, and as I write a news conference is on CNN.

Precious Doe Mystery Solved.

Google search for "Precious Doe."

She now has a name, and apparently a grandfather who missed her.
May she finally rest in peace.

I just read this story a few minutes ago. I knew WS would have more news!
So so so sad. What a horrible and short life this little girl led. It's very depressing.
I hope the people of OK will get her a headstone.

After all this time, she has a name.

Too bad nobody cared for this little one when she was alive, and thank God people cared for her after her death.
Sleep with the Angels Erica. :innocent:

Mother charged in 2001 Precious Doe case

Police said it was the girl's stepfather who actually killed her with a kick to the head and then used hedge clippers to sever her head.

According to police, Johnson and her husband were with Erica in Kansas City when he delivered the fatal kick. Police said Johnson told them the couple let the girl lay motionless for two days, deciding not to seek medical care because there were warrants out for their arrests.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3168945

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back