Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    "Washington said a grandfather of one of the individuals involved in the case came forward, talking with him and detectives last weekend. He said the source, who had spoken to police before on the case, sent photographs of the child as well as hair samples from the child and the mother."

I am so glad that there is resolution to this case. Children are not disposable!

I am so glad that she finally has a name! This case stuck with me for so long, that poor grandfather!

I just don't understand people. How can a mother let someone hurt her child in such a way and DO NOTHING? That is just not in my nature. I can typically put myself in another's shoes, but not on something like this. There is just no amount of reasoning that could get me to understand.

What a beautiful little face. What monsters for parents. I really wonder if we should just use the "eye for an eye" technique for punishment rather than jailing someone or quietly putting them to death. How did they live with themselves for this long? How did the mother not hate the step-father? How did they keep Erica's death a secret for all of this time? Geez, this world makes me crazy.

It's astonishing, isn't it, that the mother would stand by this guy. It just . . . defies belief.

So often in cases like this the mother who stands there and does nothing while her man kills her child gets worse punishment than the man who actually kills the kid - not sure I agree with that - but I bet that will happen in this case too.

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by KatherineQ
    So often in cases like this the mother who stands there and does nothing while her man kills her child gets worse punishment than the man who actually kills the kid - not sure I agree with that - but I bet that will happen in this case too.
    That's a good question ... who deserves the harsher punishment? In many cases, I would think that they both deserve equal punishment. In some cases, I think that the mother that stands idly by deserves a harsher punishment because in addition to the unthinkable things that the child has suffered, the mother has added betrayal on top of it. Like you, I can't imagine how a mother can allow something like this to happen, and then stay with the man that murdered her child. I imagine that there are mental mechanisms there that I can't fully comprehend.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    That's a good question ... who deserves the harsher punishment? In many cases, I would think that they both deserve equal punishment. In some cases, I think that the mother that stands idly by deserves a harsher punishment because in addition to the unthinkable things that the child has suffered, the mother has added betrayal on top of it. Like you, I can't imagine how a mother can allow something like this to happen, and then stay with the man that murdered her child. I imagine that there are mental mechanisms there that I can't fully comprehend.
    My wish would be that they throw both of them in a dungeon somewhere and forget about them. I cried and cried last night finally seeing her picture and how cute and sweet she appeard to be. Why do these parents do these horrendous things to their own children. If they don't want them, give them to me, I'll take them.

I read this yesterday on my MSN homepage and it made me sick and just broke my heart.. put me in a really bad mood.. What a darling little girl she was...

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by cami
    My wish would be that they throw both of them in a dungeon somewhere and forget about them. I cried and cried last night finally seeing her picture and how cute and sweet she appeard to be. Why do these parents do these horrendous things to their own children. If they don't want them, give them to me, I'll take them.
    Awe, that's so nice. You would end up with a ton of kids. If you've ever seen any of my posts about my neighborhood kids, you would know that I am the same way. I feed them, talk to them, play with them, burn music for them, sing with them, read to them, take them places . . . and they aren't even mine . . . but they bring something to me too . . . in their little faces, in their little ways, in their laughter, in their tears. Yes, this little girl was so innocent in all of this but she, like Laci and Conner, had a big part to play in their time on earth and we should be forever grateful to them for bringing awareness to us . . . and Jessica L. . . . I just love her Dad . . . what a great guy. We have to put an end to all of this senselessness by opening our eyes, ears and hearts and stepping in when we see something wrong. I yell at my own brother if I think he's too hard on his step-son. He doesn't like it, but I have to live with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyChic727
    Awe, that's so nice. You would end up with a ton of kids. If you've ever seen any of my posts about my neighborhood kids, you would know that I am the same way. I feed them, talk to them, play with them, burn music for them, sing with them, read to them, take them places . . . and they aren't even mine . . . but they bring something to me too . . . in their little faces, in their little ways, in their laughter, in their tears. Yes, this little girl was so innocent in all of this but she, like Laci and Conner, had a big part to play in their time on earth and we should be forever grateful to them for bringing awareness to us . . . and Jessica L. . . . I just love her Dad . . . what a great guy. We have to put an end to all of this senselessness by opening our eyes, ears and hearts and stepping in when we see something wrong. I yell at my own brother if I think he's too hard on his step-son. He doesn't like it, but I have to live with myself.
    Ah yes, i've done the same thing with the neighbourhood kids. I usually start the first snowball fight of the year and buy the first popsicles of the summer for all the street. I've always done that, I used to feed my friends and was always dragging someone home with me. My mum used to call them "Cami's wounded birds" lol. Then I continued with my own son's friends and my great nieces and newphew. I have one of my son's friends living with me now while my son is out on his own.

I'll take them all. I wanted a large family, I have five siblings. I didn't get it so I still long for the rest of them. Maybe my son will give me a dozen grandbabies. Wouldn't that be nice, lOL.

I just cannot fathom why someone would kill their own children. If they want rid of them, give them to me.

A friend of mine did all the latent print work on this case. I haven't talked with her yet, but I know everyone who worked on this case (and others who just watched it unfold), were hoping for this day.

From the beginning, I just couldn't understand how no one would miss a child. It's hard to believe the mom had her little girl a little more than a week, and then this happened (At least that's what I believe I read in the morning paper).

It's all sick...but how in the world (or why) did this freak of a step-dad cut her head off? I guess he thought they wouldn't be able to identify her? I guess he doesn't know about DNA....Poor little baby.

I am so happy that she has a name. This news certainly has been long coming. I hope these parents both rot in jail. How cruel they are to have done this. I can almost understand that they freaked out when she died at the abuse (OK, no I cannot understand), but to decapitate her is too much for words.

Was Erica Michelle Marie Green a child previously reported missing, and if so, what were the circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    A friend of mine did all the latent print work on this case. I haven't talked with her yet, but I know everyone who worked on this case (and others who just watched it unfold), were hoping for this day.

From the beginning, I just couldn't understand how no one would miss a child. It's hard to believe the mom had her little girl a little more than a week, and then this happened (At least that's what I believe I read in the morning paper).

It's all sick...but how in the world (or why) did this freak of a step-dad cut her head off? I guess he thought they wouldn't be able to identify her? I guess he doesn't know about DNA....Poor little baby.
    This case leaves an open gaping whole in my heart. These behaviors are incomprehensible.All I can do is cry.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    This case leaves an open gaping whole in my heart. These behaviors are incomprehensible.All I can do is cry.
    It is just so sad, but what's interesting is the police actually talked with the mom (after the body was found, they went door-to-door in the area), and she sent them on a wild goose chase looking for some "stranger" she saw in the area.

This woman had eight children (I believe), and at one point, the authorities thought that they were all accounted for (they are in state custody).

Every now and then something so horrible happens, it takes my breath away. This is one of those things. But thank God, she has finally been identified. Hard to believe that monster of a mom and step-dad only had her for a week...then they killed her.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast