BREAKING NEWS-The McCanns On The Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been reading all day and hoping for some real confirmation but I have seen enough to pass it along to you.

From: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...nce+to+charge+Madeleine's+parents'/article.do

"Today the McCanns were driven from their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, for talks with their lawyer at a secret location.
They left in a silver BMW driven by solicitor Angus McBride. Mrs McCann's parents Brian and Susan Healy followed in another car.
Immediately afterwards Gerry's sister Trish Cameron drove the couple's two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie away.
Earlier it emerged that close friends of the McCanns will be interrogated by detectives in coming days.
Senior police sources say officers want to question further at least some of the seven friends who were holidaying with the McCanns when Madeleine vanished from the family's apartment on 3 May.
It is thought Russell O'Brien and his partner Jane Tanner are among those who will be quizzed."
(continues)

There is alot of buzz on various forums that reporters and other media are all hopping planes for the Algarve today.

~Stay tuned for updates~

It also features a story in the NY Post that calls the McCanns "Party Animals"!

Hat off to you Colomom! Always providing such great links. :)

So are they in hiding from the PJ, or do they just want privacy until they can figure out what to do next?

So are they in hiding from the PJ, or do they just want privacy until they can figure out what to do next?
Hiding with their legal team......sounds very ominous to me, probably planning and rehearsing their strategies, why would your lawyers pick you up and take you somewhere.....and leave their children....again:hand: :doh:

Well as we now know (and have suspected for a very long time, Shazza) Kate McCann can't take care of her kids on her own. She's probably thankful her family rescued her from them.

Well as we now know (and have suspected for a very long time, Shazza) Kate McCann can't take care of her kids on her own. She's probably thankful her family rescued her from them.
Its just another quirky turn after another with the McCanns, I feel so sorry for the twins, first their sister has gone and now the parents have gone for how long is anybodys guess. I would really like to know what is going on in the twins head, they should be getting some sort of counselling IMO, their world has been turned upside down.

Very true. I know that children their age don't have a good sense of time passing, kind of like when I had to leave my 2-year-old when my grandmother died and I went to her funeral. I was gone for five days, and it took him a day to recover and truly remember who I was.

You can therefore imagine the twins without their sister, but with the parents constantly talking about her and how confused they were. Now their parents are gone too. Someone better intervene quickly.

Fantastic site for Maddie news...and it refreshes automatically...bookmark this one folks!!

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Madeleine+McCann
That is awesome, thanks! :D I've been looking for a page like that.

We had three or four during the Lacy Peterson case, and it's so much easier than going through Google News or CNN Transcripts every day.

This is my favorite headline on that page - an article about online bloggers!

"Get that cat to forensics, armchair sleuths demand" :)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2449020.ece

Please tell me they are not serious with the following quote?

"Today, a source suggested to the Standard that labels for findings from Mr Murat's vehicles may have got confused with labels from the McCanns' car. "They could easily have got the labels mixed up," said the source."

Shauna

"Today, a source suggested to the Standard that labels for findings from Mr Murat's vehicles may have got confused with labels from the McCanns' car. "They could easily have got the labels mixed up," said the source."

Shauna

Oh gosh....another "source". My opinion, McCann spin. Sure it's possible. But considering that there were quite a few PJ and even a few British (high ranking) LE overseeing the whole procedure, probable? Not...

That is awesome, thanks! :D I've been looking for a page like that.

We had three or four during the Lacy Peterson case, and it's so much easier than going through Google News or CNN Transcripts every day.

This is my favorite headline on that page - an article about online bloggers!

"Get that cat to forensics, armchair sleuths demand" :)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2449020.ece

Poor Creepy Cat, persecuted without mercy. All he wanted was someone to love him....
pinkpan2.gif

I believe that forensics have already been performed, long ago, and the results are in that 1000 page report.

Oh gosh....another "source". My opinion, McCann spin. Sure it's possible. But considering that there were quite a few PJ and even a few British (high ranking) LE overseeing the whole procedure, probable? Not...

Unfair I think.
Why would you automaticly blame the McCanns?

Shauna

Don't you wonder what that "source" was?

There's no record of a sample ever being taken from Murat's car because the "sniffer dogs" alerted to the Renault Scenic.

The dogs had been brought back to Portugal and when they alerted, (I don't know what precipitated bringing them back) the police searched the trunk of the car more thoroughly and found the sample under the mat/wheel well kind of area--not really clear what, but not the top surface of the trunk.

The tests were done at two independent labs in Great Britain.

With such a high-profile case, every precaution would be taken to process the tests according to established procedure.

As yourself what "source" would have suggested that a mix up would be possible--knowing full well there were not multiple samples of Madeleine's DNA sitting around in unlabeled containers with a stack of labels near by, like file folders full of papers or something.

This is a page right out of the O.J. Simpson defense and obviously, it worked really well for him. All you need is a little confusion about collecting and testing forensic evidence, repeating something loudly and often even if it's incorrect, and an audience willing to believe.

McCann spin sounds to me like blaming them.

april4sky,

Spin is generated by PR people. I read many articles yesterday and Thursday that the McCanns were consulting PR firms. If you hand things over to PR people...they spin...that's their job. The McCanns would have very little, if any, involvement.

Check this: http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=10488708

Scroll down to Tim H's post and read his take on it.

The article referred to is here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=481789&in_page_id=1770&c

That "quote" is all the way at the bottom of the article and I have a hard time with quotes like that from an unnamed "source". Like I said earlier, the PJ had a number of officers involved in that search operation on the vehicles along with a few high-ranking British LE officers that were flown in especially to assist.

I think I would put my faith in the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123