811 users online (143 members and 668 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Gone Baby Gone

Gone Baby Gone is a movie that seems, from outward appearances, to mirror the McCann story... it is set for release, soon. Understand, it was shot before the McCann case. The little girl that plays "Amanda McCready", the missing child, is Madeline O'Brien... and she strikes an uncanny resemblance to Madeleine McCann. This image taken of O'Brien back in 2006 is reminiscent of Maddie's picture where she is wearing a blue footballer shirt:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/2022453/HH/2022453/iid_1375403.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=O%27Brien,%20Madeline

Other shots of the little actress also looks a lot like Maddie...

Ben Affleck is pulling the release date of the movie in the UK out of senstivity towards her parents... and there is some gossip that it may be held back on our side of the pond so as not to look like it is cashing in on the Maddie story. The gossip about it maybe being delayed over here, is just that: "gossip" that I got from a screenwriter pal... but still the movie is making a buzz and it all relates to the McCann case.

Your thoughts?

What a gorgeous little girl. She really does remind one of Madeleine!! And her real name is Madeline!!! That is freaky. And last name O'Brien, no less.

Wow...the parallels are scary.

I actually read somewhere today that Affleck was FORCED to delay the opening. I'll find the link.

I think this movie could have a detrimental effect on the McCann case, how can a trial go ahead if the McCanns are charged with Madelaines death, the movie will make it nigh impossible for a trial to happen as it will sway opinions and a fair trial will be impossible, the McCanns legal team will have a field day with this, Im thinking the judge would throw it out of court due to conflict of interest with the movie and all the media hype surrounding this case, just my opinion of course, but something to really think about.

OMG, she does look so much like Madeleine McCann, it's uncanny. Although, lots of preschoolers do look like that, even my own daughter at that age could have been a sister to those two.

Coincidence!

I agree, but Madeleine McCann is cuter.

I am great believer in coincidences... and this movie is just... wow, the coincidences are high...

Coincidence maybe, but I don't have a lot of respect for the production company who is making it. Talk about bad timing.

Just freaky!

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Really?

I don't think that little girl looks that much like MM at all..same straight blondy coloured hair but that's about as far as the similiarites go for me.

http://madeleinemccann.blogspot.com/...madeleine.html

Ben Affleck has delayed release of movie

I'm with you -- no resemblence other than blond hair!! Not getting that -- we believe what we want to believe I guess - seems to be lots of that going around.

Quote Originally Posted by BethyC View Post
    I'm with you -- no resemblence other than blond hair!! Not getting that -- we believe what we want to believe I guess - seems to be lots of that going around.
    There's absolutely no need to be snotty about whether or not this child resembles Madeleine and almost attack those of us who do see a similarity. Whether we believe in the McCanns' involvement or not has nothing to do with how we view the appearance of the two little girls...so, the fact that some of us think that this little girl looks like the real Madeleine does not warrant your rudeness in the LEAST.

This movie is based on a book by my favorite author, Dennis Lehane, and was written many years ago. It was my favorite book in this author's series, which features these particular characters. Should be a great movie.

Lehane is also the author of Mystic River, of which the movie was based. That book was not part of the Gone Baby Gone series.

Jane

Quote Originally Posted by BethyC View Post

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast