816 users online (135 members and 681 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

'Dead' man wakes up under autopsy knife

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=296291

This kind of thing happening is the reason I am getting cremated! I don't want to wake up six feet under lol

His wife must have been surprised, not every day someone who's been pronounced dead isn't actually dead

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat View Post

This kind of thing happening is the reason I am getting cremated! I don't want to wake up six feet under lol

His wife must have been surprised, not every day someone who's been pronounced dead isn't actually dead
    Oh my God!!

Stephen King has an excellent story about this type of thing is in collection Nightmares and Dreamscapes.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    Oh my God!!

Stephen King has an excellent story about this type of thing is in collection Nightmares and Dreamscapes.
    I used to love Stephen King, but I don't do novels anymore...well maybe Harry Potter but that's about it.

South apparently years ago in Europe when the plague was happening, the graveyards used to have little bells above the graves, tied to a piece of rope that they threaded down through the dirt, through a hole in the coffin...so that if the person woke up, they could ring the bell!!

lol- thats where we get the whole 'graveyard shift' from- this practice in Europe....the bell would ring, and the people on that shift would go dig them back up.
    So many people were getting buried, that some made it down there by mistake, how awful waking up 6 feet under!

I used to love Stephen King, but I don't do novels anymore...well maybe Harry Potter but that's about it.

South apparently years ago in Europe when the plague was happening, the graveyards used to have little bells above the graves, tied to a piece of rope that they threaded down through the dirt, through a hole in the coffin...so that if the person woke up, they could ring the bell!!

lol- thats where we get the whole 'graveyard shift' from- this practice in Europe....the bell would ring, and the people on that shift would go dig them back up.
    So many people were getting buried, that some made it down there by mistake, how awful waking up 6 feet under!
    I never knew that! How freaky to get buried alive. Holy crap!

not sure waking up on fire would be a good thing either.

Quote Originally Posted by csds703 View Post
    I never knew that! How freaky to get buried alive. Holy crap!
    Holy crap alright!

Have you seen pics of coffins they dug up from years ago- some of them have groove marks from a 'dead' person' trying to get out, ewww scary!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    not sure waking up on fire would be a good thing either.
    lol- both ways suck, but it has to be one or the other.

Least with fire it would be quicker than suffocating six feet under

lol- both ways suck, but it has to be one or the other.

Least with fire it would be quicker than suffocating six feet under
    they don't embalm people before they bury them in your country? here unless it is against your religion the embalm you. once they drain all your blood it is doubtful you will wake up in a grave. but if you are cremated they dont have to embalm you so waking up in a fire is a real risk.

they don't embalm people before they bury them in your country? here unless it is against your religion the embalm you. once they drain all your blood it is doubtful you will wake up in a grave. but if you are cremated they dont have to embalm you so waking up in a fire is a real risk.
    lol- Oh I know it doesnt happen anymore, still, it freaks me out just thinking about it.
    I have a over active imagination!

Isn't that where the phrase "dead ringer" came from?

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    Isn't that where the phrase "dead ringer" came from?
    LOL- yep think so

http://www.backroadstouring.co.uk/phraseorigins.htm

Embalming is a choice. It is not necessarily common practice. It usually depends upon the individual's culture and/OR RELIGON.

I was an OB nurse for many years and had something like this happen once. We had a women who was sent to us from the doctors office bacause they could not find fetal heart tones with a doppler or ultra sound machine. The baby had also not moved for several days. All of us were prepared for a still-birth. I don't remember the details of labor but, this baby was born (tight cord around his neck) he was not alive no heart beat, no respiration, nasty color. He was dead. We cleaned him up wrapped him in a blanket ect.... His parents held him. We then took him to another room while we were taking care of mom. The room was very quiet and sober when the nurses aide came in to get me her eyes big as saucers. I went out with her and she said "That baby is alive." I couldn't believe it(it had been 30-40 min). We went to the room and this babies color was better, he was breathing and had a slow heart rate. Needless to say we rushed him to the nursery to work with him. Might I add, we did not work with him very long and he was doing great. Baby was back with mom before she was out of recovery. It was surreal!!!!! What a Miracle!!!!

That baby was meant to be here. I would have totally freaked out!!!! Imagine the parents' going from such sadness to overwhelming joy!!!

An older man on my street had a heart attack and they thought he was dead. He was placed in the morgue, family told he had passed and there the story should end. Except an attendant noticed he was breathing under the sheet he was covered with and he began to make gasping sounds. They wheeled him back up to er and he lived for many more years.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast