'Dead' man wakes up under autopsy knife

narlacat

Former Member
Reaction score

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=296291

This kind of thing happening is the reason I am getting cremated! I don't want to wake up six feet under lol

His wife must have been surprised, not every day someone who's been pronounced dead isn't actually dead :eek:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=296291

This kind of thing happening is the reason I am getting cremated! I don't want to wake up six feet under lol

His wife must have been surprised, not every day someone who's been pronounced dead isn't actually dead :eek:

Oh my God!!

Stephen King has an excellent story about this type of thing is in collection Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

Oh my God!!

Stephen King has an excellent story about this type of thing is in collection Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

I used to love Stephen King, but I don't do novels anymore...well maybe Harry Potter but that's about it.

South apparently years ago in Europe when the plague was happening, the graveyards used to have little bells above the graves, tied to a piece of rope that they threaded down through the dirt, through a hole in the coffin...so that if the person woke up, they could ring the bell!!

lol- thats where we get the whole 'graveyard shift' from- this practice in Europe....the bell would ring, and the people on that shift would go dig them back up.
So many people were getting buried, that some made it down there by mistake, how awful waking up 6 feet under!

I used to love Stephen King, but I don't do novels anymore...well maybe Harry Potter but that's about it.

South apparently years ago in Europe when the plague was happening, the graveyards used to have little bells above the graves, tied to a piece of rope that they threaded down through the dirt, through a hole in the coffin...so that if the person woke up, they could ring the bell!!

lol- thats where we get the whole 'graveyard shift' from- this practice in Europe....the bell would ring, and the people on that shift would go dig them back up.
So many people were getting buried, that some made it down there by mistake, how awful waking up 6 feet under!

I never knew that! How freaky to get buried alive. Holy crap!

I never knew that! How freaky to get buried alive. Holy crap!

Holy crap alright!

Have you seen pics of coffins they dug up from years ago- some of them have groove marks from a 'dead' person' trying to get out, ewww scary!

not sure waking up on fire would be a good thing either.

lol- both ways suck, but it has to be one or the other.

Least with fire it would be quicker than suffocating six feet under :eek:

lol- both ways suck, but it has to be one or the other.

Least with fire it would be quicker than suffocating six feet under :eek:
they don't embalm people before they bury them in your country? here unless it is against your religion the embalm you. once they drain all your blood it is doubtful you will wake up in a grave. but if you are cremated they dont have to embalm you so waking up in a fire is a real risk.

they don't embalm people before they bury them in your country? here unless it is against your religion the embalm you. once they drain all your blood it is doubtful you will wake up in a grave. but if you are cremated they dont have to embalm you so waking up in a fire is a real risk.

lol- Oh I know it doesnt happen anymore, still, it freaks me out just thinking about it.
I have a over active imagination!

Isn't that where the phrase "dead ringer" came from? :crazy:

Embalming is a choice. It is not necessarily common practice. It usually depends upon the individual's culture and/OR RELIGON.

I was an OB nurse for many years and had something like this happen once. We had a women who was sent to us from the doctors office bacause they could not find fetal heart tones with a doppler or ultra sound machine. The baby had also not moved for several days. All of us were prepared for a still-birth. I don't remember the details of labor but, this baby was born (tight cord around his neck) he was not alive no heart beat, no respiration, nasty color. He was dead. We cleaned him up wrapped him in a blanket ect.... His parents held him. We then took him to another room while we were taking care of mom. The room was very quiet and sober when the nurses aide came in to get me her eyes big as saucers. I went out with her and she said "That baby is alive." I couldn't believe it(it had been 30-40 min). We went to the room and this babies color was better, he was breathing and had a slow heart rate. Needless to say we rushed him to the nursery to work with him. Might I add, we did not work with him very long and he was doing great. Baby was back with mom before she was out of recovery. It was surreal!!!!! What a Miracle!!!!

That baby was meant to be here. I would have totally freaked out!!!! Imagine the parents' going from such sadness to overwhelming joy!!!

An older man on my street had a heart attack and they thought he was dead. He was placed in the morgue, family told he had passed and there the story should end. Except an attendant noticed he was breathing under the sheet he was covered with and he began to make gasping sounds. They wheeled him back up to er and he lived for many more years.

True. To be cremated they just attempt to keep the body looking good enough for one or two days of showing. My father and brother were cremated and my brother had a bullet in him since he was 15 that dr were afraid to movwe. In his ashes, no metal, no bullett. My father had a bridge and othe work. In his ashes nothing like that. I honestly believe thay just cremate and give a sample to you of whoever they cremated.

FYI, this oddity of people coming back from the dead is also where we got our practice of holding a "wake" prior to the funeral. It was a period of time that would give the person a chance to wake up before being buried.

That baby was meant to be here. I would have totally freaked out!!!! Imagine the parents' going from such sadness to overwhelming joy!!!

It was one of the most profound experiences of my life. I tell you what initially you are thinking this is too!!! weird , then you go into nurse mod and do what you need to do. It was overwhelming. I remember I shook and cried the whole way home it was emotionally exhausting. I am sure that the family was even more overwhelmed than I was. What a BLESSING!!!!!

I was an OB nurse for many years and had something like this happen once. We had a women who was sent to us from the doctors office bacause they could not find fetal heart tones with a doppler or ultra sound machine. The baby had also not moved for several days. All of us were prepared for a still-birth. I don't remember the details of labor but, this baby was born (tight cord around his neck) he was not alive no heart beat, no respiration, nasty color. He was dead. We cleaned him up wrapped him in a blanket ect.... His parents held him. We then took him to another room while we were taking care of mom. The room was very quiet and sober when the nurses aide came in to get me her eyes big as saucers. I went out with her and she said "That baby is alive." I couldn't believe it(it had been 30-40 min). We went to the room and this babies color was better, he was breathing and had a slow heart rate. Needless to say we rushed him to the nursery to work with him. Might I add, we did not work with him very long and he was doing great. Baby was back with mom before she was out of recovery. It was surreal!!!!! What a Miracle!!!!

What an amazing experience!:)

It was one of the most profound experiences of my life. I tell you what initially you are thinking this is too!!! weird , then you go into nurse mod and do what you need to do. It was overwhelming. I remember I shook and cried the whole way home it was emotionally exhausting. I am sure that the family was even more overwhelmed than I was. What a BLESSING!!!!!

That is amazing. There was a huge medical law case over a physician who basically put a DNR order on an infant who - if I remember correctly (I watched it on TV) died of a SIDs case at home... it had been brought into the ER, where the hospital staff and a well known Pediatrician had attempted (unsuccessfully) to code the baby. The parents said their goodbyes to their child and left.
Apparently, the nurses walked in a short time later after the family left, to the place where baby had been kept for the family to view the body, and the baby was breathing and had a heartbeat - spontaneously. However, the breathing needed to be supported - this child was going to need supportive therapy if he was going to survive. But it was spontaneous!! Which - before - they had nothing spontaneous to work with upon arrival to the ER (my understanding from the show). The nurses immediately notified the Pediatrician, and ER staff began to code the baby again, and started to notify the family. However, the well known Pediatrician immediately put the squash on resusitative efforts on the baby - he told them NOT to code the baby, and told them NOT to tell the family what had happened or that they baby was breathing or having a heartbeat because and they had already "said goodbye" and because he thought that that was "cruel" and that the baby would most likely be brain damaged. Which, would be true... conventional wisdom would tell us that if blood supply is cut off to an individuals brain, either inside the womb or outside of it, then yes, usually, brain damange does occur. We have seen women who have abruptions who have severely brain damaged children and children who have very mild defect. It really varies. We have people who have completely coded (heart stops, they stop breathing) some have a large amount of brain damage, some have very little. It all is depends on how much or how little oxygen reaches the brain during those times. Very sad.

There were even allegations, I think, by one nurse that she stepped out of the room and left the baby alone with him while this was happening, and that when she stepped back in that he was smothering the child. It was VERY nasty. There was allegations that there was out and out arguing that night in the ER because the staff wanted to start coding the baby again when the baby started to spontaneously breath and have a heartbeat. Of course they wanted to save the child - or at least make a quick call to the family and ask them what to do for their son! That probably would have been the ethical thing to do.

The doctor was apparently was sited for unprofessional and unethical conduct, but never lost his license. The parents were of course, crushed. He continued to have a thriving pediatric practice. He stated that he felt that the child would have no quality of life, so he it felt was better to let the child die "peacefully". I think that is MURDER! I think God gave the child life again... I think it was a miracle, and he squashed it - especially if he did smother him. The nurse they interviewed seemed very sincere. Very sad. If anything happened like that to my child or if I saw that, I don't know what I would do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back