1440 users online (210 members and 1230 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - David Castor, 48, dies of antifreeze poisoning, Liverpool, 20 Aug 2005

From The Citizen, Auburn, NY:
    Sheriff's deputies in two counties are investigating a movie-script-worthy murder case involving a former Weedsport resident.

Stacey Castor, 40, of Liverpool, is suspected of poisoning two of her husbands and may have attempted to kill her daughter, deputies said. Castor was arrested by Onondaga County Sheriff's deputies and charged with second-degree murder Friday night.

A joint investigation began in 2005 after 48-year-old David Castor died from ethylene glycol poisoning in Liverpool. It may have not been coincidence that Castor's former husband, Michael E. Wallace, 38, formerly of 2763 E. Brutus St., Weedsport, died prematurely on Jan. 11, 2000, of what was initially thought to have been a heart attack...
    Later in the article:
    Further charges are pending in Onondaga County, where deputies are also looking into a poisoning attempt on Castor's daughter, an investigator said.

Castor eventually will be turned over to Cayuga County authorities, who are still building a case. Anyone with information can call the Sheriff's office at 253-1610.
    Looks like a "Black Widow" has been on the loose.

Mr. A/Steve

I wonder if her daughter was standing in the way of Castor cashing in on her father's death?

This will be an interesting case to follow. It does sound like another "Black Widow" spinning webs which she might have just gotten caught in.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I never can understand why these people can't or don't stop after getting away with the first murder. Are they really that stupid to think that they can get away with a second or third? Or are they just driven to kill??

Friday, Onondaga County Sheriff’s Deputies were called to Castor's home at 4127 Wetzel Road, for what was originally an attempted suicide call for her daughter, Ashley Wallace, 20.

This article also contains a video of her:

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/stor...f86b4b&rss=112
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Could it be the daughter was to receive money from her father when she turned 21?

I don't think it is because they are driven to kill repeatedly. I believe it is because she thought she got away with it once...she could keep going. I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a case of greed and selfishness on her part. It is one thing to kill a spouse or even two...but to try to kill your child is something else.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

No, someone like this (if the charges are true) doesn't kill for the thrill. They do it for gain and comfort -- insurance money, property, etc. Thing is, that can still end up leaving one heckuva trail. I've matched this woman with a Judith Daniels in Moravia, NY -- kinda curious to see if that's her mom and if mom is still alive and kicking. One of Stacey's old addresses was owned by Judith Daniels AKA Judith Eaton.

Mr. A/Steve

She sounds an awful lot like Lynn Turner of Georgia who now sits in prison for life. However, the State gets another crack at the death penalty for the 2nd murder. It was years inbetween though so anything is possible with these types of women. I agree they are about gain and comfort with a personalty disorder thrown into the mix. They are real high on the entitlement scale.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    She sounds an awful lot like Lynn Turner of Georgia who now sits in prison for life. However, the State gets another crack at the death penalty for the 2nd murder. It was years inbetween though so anything is possible with these types of women. I agree they are about gain and comfort with a personalty disorder thrown into the mix. They are real high on the entitlement scale.
    That's who I thought of, especially when I read about the antifreeze. I believe that was Lynn Turner's method of disposal, so to speak. It is supposed to be a very painful way to die.

Stacey Castor, 40, gave her 20-year-old daughter a tainted drink the night of Sept. 13, then typed a note to make the poisoning look like a suicide, District Attorney William Fitzpatrick said. The note, he says, included a purported confession by the daughter to the murders of the two men.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...r=HOME_3306611

OMGosh, how horrible that she would try to kill her own daughter!

Re post #9, I guess we now know the motive for killing her daughter. JC, kill your daughter and blame her for the murders while at it. That's about the most cold blooded thing I've read in a long time.

CaliKid, I remember seeing a show about this. The "women" was rather atractive and manipulated men.

From April 2009:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...ticle-1.366822

Fahey sentenced Castor, 41, to the maximum of 25 years to life for the murder of David Castor at their Syracuse home in August 2005, and to another 25 years for the attempt to kill daughter Ashley Wallace, then 20, with an overdose of drugs and vodka in September 2007.

The judge also ordered Castor to an additional 1 1/3 to four years in prison for forging her husband's will...

District Attorney William Fitzpatrick said Castor will have to serve at least 51 1/3 years behind bars before she's eligible for parole.

Clay murderer Stacey Castor, who poisoned her husband to death with antifreeze and attempted to kill her daughter in a similar way, is dead in prison at the age of 48, according to Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick.

(...)

Fitzpatrick said Saturday afternoon he confirmed the notorious killer's death with Bedford Hills. Castor died sometime Saturday morning. An autopsy will be conducted to determine cause of death, the DA said.
    http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index....ead_at_48.html