1081 users online (239 members and 842 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 108
  1. #1
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671

    ??search Efforts For Maddy??

    Has everyone quit searching for Maddy? I don't recall there ever being a large organized search party conducted by any certain group of lookers, does anyone know of any?

    What has the parents themselves physically done, or their family to locate and look for Maddy?

    This has been puzzling me for two days now. Then I began to realize I haven't seen or heard of searches early on or later on. I know they looked in the first hours for her. Other than that, not anything significant.

    I could be wrong, I wasn't keeping up word for word, report by report. I know countries do things differently than other countries. But it's basic 101, your getting back to the basics of abc 1 2 3.

    Walk the terrain with grids, volunteers, tracker dogs, door to door, searching through buildings, homes, and I don't see it. Why does it seem this search is over with before it actually even began?

    The money in the fund has pretty much sat dormant, with the only activity concerning it is discussion about it's growth, who contributed, naming the overseers, and what's is to be done or not done with it. But actually not alot has been done with it either.

    Just seems like all talk, no action. Find madeliene campaign, but nothing done to find her. Just talking heads saying find her.

    I'm confused, if it was my daughter I still would be walking the terrain, until I felt it had been searched to the best of our abilities. I would have to have proof she was taken out the country, or definately dead, but then I still would want my girls dead body back.

    What can still be done in our opinions to help move this case forward, what can we do. Start a petition to give to portugal police demanding more public information so that we can help locate her or find some kind of resovve instead of just a legal criminal resolve convicting the guilty.

    We still have a non criminal side to this case, finding maddy. I would almost be willing to let the perps go in order to find her, give proper burial, a resolve to honor her.

  2. #2
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671
    A couple of posters have mentioned that the parents were advised to leave the search up to the professionals. I'm going to have to say hogwash, bologna.

    If the portugal police did tell them to do this, shame on them. Now, they may very well have meant certain aspects of the search, like dangerous areas of terain, entering personal property etc...

    But it doesn't make a bit of sense law enforcement would tell the family to not search.

    Even if they did, what person would be so stupid, stupid ain't the word for it. Dumber than a swamp worm, yeah, that' sounds better to let anyone tell them to not search for their own child. I'm sorry, this scenerio and excuse is exactly that, an excuse if it's used to justify not getting out and looking.

    If you loose your keys, you look for them. Did I read gerry had lost his wallet at some time? I might be confused about another thread though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,537
    I think Portugal the law restricts the use of private investigators during a police investigation. There is not one good reason why they use that excuse for not having private investigations in their many travels across the globe.

  4. #4
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671
    Wouldn't volunteer searchers not be considered private investigators? I could sort of see that. But hey, most of the cases we're aware of private investigators if at all, plays a small part.

    The capture, of the criminal, locating the missing has been so successful because of the physical grid searches, it works. That needs to be done. It also forces the contact of possible witnesses or persons having heard vital information and clues.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by KOOL LOOK View Post
    A couple of posters have mentioned that the parents were advised to leave the search up to the professionals. I'm going to have to say hogwash, bologna.

    If the portugal police did tell them to do this, shame on them. Now, they may very well have meant certain aspects of the search, like dangerous areas of terain, entering personal property etc...

    But it doesn't make a bit of sense law enforcement would tell the family to not search.

    Even if they did, what person would be so stupid, stupid ain't the word for it. Dumber than a swamp worm, yeah, that' sounds better to let anyone tell them to not search for their own child. I'm sorry, this scenerio and excuse is exactly that, an excuse if it's used to justify not getting out and looking.

    If you loose your keys, you look for them. Did I read gerry had lost his wallet at some time? I might be confused about another thread though.
    People aren't free to do whatever they please if it is illegal or prohibited. It's not unknown for private search efforts to be blocked or impeded by law enforcement, especially in places where it might be seen as impinging on the sovereign rights of a nation -- OR where LE for some reason does not want the missing person to be found.

    But the thing is, is that what happened in this case? Did the parents make no effort to search or were the parents not allowed to search? Let's try to find out.

    ETA: Or did the parents search on their own after all?

  6. #6
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    People aren't free to do whatever they please if it is illegal or prohibited. It's not unknown for private search efforts to be blocked or impeded by law enforcement, especially in places where it might be seen as impinging on the sovereign rights of a nation -- OR where LE for some reason does not want the missing person to be found.

    But the thing is, is that what happened in this case? Did the parents make no effort to search or were the parents not allowed to search? Let's try to find out.

    ETA: Or did the parents search on their own after all?
    I'm patiently waiting. I just don't really understand. The fliers were put up. You can see her posters in almost every photo taken in that country somewhere in the background. If she wandered off, children do that, climb in the back of a vehicle, there just hasn't been proper searching to me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by KOOL LOOK View Post
    I'm patiently waiting. I just don't really understand. The fliers were put up. You can see her posters in almost every photo taken in that country somewhere in the background. If she wandered off, children do that, climb in the back of a vehicle, there just hasn't been proper searching to me.
    I certainly haven't seen any evidence of it either.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    I certainly haven't seen any evidence of it either.
    Me, either.

    Part of me thinks that the McCanns are both doctors and probably used to being waited on somewhat, so they want OTHERS to do the searching FOR them.

    Another part of me thinks that they know there's no need to search.

  9. #9
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    Me, either.

    Part of me thinks that the McCanns are both doctors and probably used to being waited on somewhat, so they want OTHERS to do the searching FOR them.

    Another part of me thinks that they know there's no need to search.

    Exactly steadfast and english. It's like a light bulb went off yesterday inside my head and i realized i haven't read or seen actual down right time consuming effort filled searches.

    English, I have had that waiting to be waited on and waiting to have others do the searching for them feeling several times which is absolutely goes against the grain, goes against what I consider to be a normal reaction and instinct on the part of a parent in these types of circumstances.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    Me, either.

    Part of me thinks that the McCanns are both doctors and probably used to being waited on somewhat, so they want OTHERS to do the searching FOR them.

    Another part of me thinks that they know there's no need to search.
    Don't they keep saying they know she's okay?

    Now, let's just assume (or pretend, if you will) that they didn't kill her. Could it be that they just can't wrap their heads around the need to search the terrain for her? It would be admitting she could be dead -- especially horrifying since they did allow it to happen. Or maybe they are so prideful that they just don't think murder could happen to THEIR daughter just like they didn't think bad things could happen to toddlers left all alone? Maybe they don't want the attention to end? Any number of reason (admittedly lame) that they might not push hard for physical searches for their daughter besides that they murdered her.

    Seems, though, that whenever someone doesn't seem interested in searching for their loved one, they turn out to know, like englishleigh said, that there's no need to search.

    That's why it's so important to figure out just what search efforts have been made and who made the efforts.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    People aren't free to do whatever they please if it is illegal or prohibited. It's not unknown for private search efforts to be blocked or impeded by law enforcement, especially in places where it might be seen as impinging on the sovereign rights of a nation -- OR where LE for some reason does not want the missing person to be found.

    But the thing is, is that what happened in this case? Did the parents make no effort to search or were the parents not allowed to search? Let's try to find out.

    ETA: Or did the parents search on their own after all?
    That's part of the problem - the police in Portugal have still not allowed the records of official searches to be released. I can find articles on that, and this one announcing how early they pulled back (May 11!!):

    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/6704

    I am still looking for the original article. The main reason I remember that article was that it said the McCanns said they felt totally abandoned when the police said, at 4.30 AM, if I recall correctly - "we've been at this for hours with dozens of people. There's not point in continuing until the sun comes up." The McCanns kept searching all alone after that.

    Ironically, if the police thought the parents could be suspects at some point -which they should have, if they were doing their jobs - why on earth leave them alone for hours? Whether they were victims or perpetrators, this was a really ignorant move on the part of the police.

    Shrinky, the searce for links continues...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    936
    I think the issue is Portugal and the restriction laws. I mean, realistically, you cannot just call a crazy search if you do not even know where to start. BUT as a mom I may want to do that (I think any good parent would do that) but I am not sure in this case if there are legal restrictions.

    I believe in the power of the Internet and I think the findmadeleine site is very poor and much more could be done to help search Madeleine. As a matter of fact, I recently found out it is run by two teenagers (18) who Aunt Phil knows from some sort of high school. Of course they are being paid to maintain the site and see about the "high" quality bands and "high" quality posters but VERY little information is given about HER, Madeleine. It is more like "donate, donate, donate" and using her pic like she is the face of Gerber products.

    I think more concentration in the web site with HER DESCRIPTION (I know, a basic thing but is not there) as well as FREE flyers in at least dozens of languages would help the search.

    When someone visit the site, they should find INFORMATION, PLENTY of it about her and LOTS of pictures, NOT go to a "Madeleine Web Store" to buy the "latest" wristband.

    I think the net should be a great (if not the greatest tool). Too bad they are not using it properly.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthMom View Post
    I think the issue is Portugal and the restriction laws. I mean, realistically, you cannot just call a crazy search if you do not even know where to start. BUT as a mom I may want to do that (I think any good parent would do that) but I am not sure in this case if there are legal restrictions.

    I believe in the power of the Internet and I think the findmadeleine site is very poor and much more could be done to help search Madeleine. As a matter of fact, I recently found out it is run by two teenagers (18) who Aunt Phil knows from some sort of high school. Of course they are being paid to maintain the site and see about the "high" quality bands and "high" quality posters but VERY little information is given about HER, Madeleine. It is more like "donate, donate, donate" and using her pic like she is the face of Gerber products.

    I think more concentration in the web site with HER DESCRIPTION (I know, a basic thing but is not there) as well as FREE flyers in at least dozens of languages would help the search.

    When someone visit the site, they should find INFORMATION, PLENTY of it about her and LOTS of pictures, NOT go to a "Madeleine Web Store" to but the "latest" wristband.

    I think the net should be a great (if not the greatest tool). Too bad they are not using it properly.
    I just read that article that said that the website was run by two teenagers.I also agree with you ,the site needs to be better in all kinds of languages and lots more info than what they have now..I feel most days as if the hunt for Madeleine is more like what actors do promoting their newest movie.They only give out bits and pieces but you have to go see the movie to get what the movie is really about.

    Did that make sense?Think I might have even confused myself on that

  14. #14
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671

    I'm soooooooooo happy

    Whew, what a great day this is! Maybe we can figure out what or why there hasn't been proper searches.

    I'm just so happy right now, everyone. . Does anyone know of a grid search?

    I'm so happy!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Is it too late in time to do a grid search now?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Search Efforts by Family and Community Members
    By bessie in forum Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 06:14 AM
  2. Ground search efforts for Susan Cox Powell
    By izehnder in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 08:40 AM
  3. Amber's dad wants law boosting search efforts
    By Nancy2441 in forum Amber Dubois
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 02:43 AM
  4. Keeping Search Efforts Focused-Message to Tim Miller
    By Nedthan Johns in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 05:32 PM