Is this a sick joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrinkydink

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been told that the Lindbergh kidnapping has "nothing to do" with the kidnapping of Madeleine, even thought the UK and US media beg to differ. I have also been told that my story of my mother, as victim, being falsely accused can't possiblyhave any bearing on this case, since, I guess no one here can stand to admit that just maybe the McCanns might have been also falsely accused, then that thread was closed too.

Websleuths is a a shadow of its former vibrant self. Anyone who can stand actual dissent is welcome to write me at

orionvonnegut@yahoo.com

I will be starting a more tolerant group to make up for the loss of the possiblity of reasonable dissent that used to exist here. I miss Sprocket...sigh...

Shrinky, bidding you all a perplexed farewell

I have been told that the Lindbergh kidnapping has "nothing to do" with the kidnapping of Madeleine, even thought the UK and US media beg to differ. I have also been told that my story of my mother, as victim, being falsely accused can't possiblyhave any bearing on this case, since, I guess no one here can stand to admit that just maybe the McCanns might have been also falsely accused, then that thread was closed too.

Websleuths is a a shadow of its former vibrant self. Anyone who can stand actual dissent is welcome to write me at

orionvonnegut@yahoo.com

I will be starting a more tolerant group to make up for the loss of the possiblity of reasonable dissent that used to exist here. I miss Sprocket...sigh...

Shrinky, bidding you all a perplexed farewell

Sometimes crying in the wilderness brings about good things. I respect your choices, but I believe you should stay and fight the good fight for the sake of truth, justice, the American way, and Madeleine McCann!

Sometimes crying in the wilderness brings about good things. I respect your choices, but I believe you should stay and fight the good fight for the sake of truth, justice, the American way, and Madeleine McCann!

I'll stay as long as I can, but I feel my days, or even minutes might well be numbered. Your reasons are all the good ones, though. I am very fond of good fights, truth, justice, the American (and, God help us all, the European) way, and anything helping Madeleine's case. Thanks for your public support.

Shrinky

Shrinky,
no need to let yourself be chased off for posting an opposite point of view.

shrinky,

some very wise poster here (cant recall who right now) has a sig line that says

"I love a debate, not a fight"

I think that is what divides those who stay from those who go.....

I hope you remain at WS as you appear to have a great intellectual ability. I always enjoy posters of your caliber regardless of wether I agree with them on any given topic.

Shrinky - I say stay too! I have a bad habit of making up my mind before I hear all the issues. It is really good for me to read other opinions.

Refuse to engage in conversation with anyone that will not allow you to your own opinion or respect your right to voice it. Eventually - they will get tired of typing to themselves (we hope).

Salem

Salem, Glow,

Thank you both, too. I have every intention of staying until the moment my plug is pulled. Thank you for your encouragement. I hope I don't have to leave, but I did want to let people know that, should I get kicked out, I will be ready and waiting to accept any and all at my new forum. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I think it might.

Regards,

Shrinky/Orion

the good feeling of others patting you on the back and agreeing with every thing you say only goes so far. 100 people who all say the same thing moves the discussion no where. thought out ideas that disagree are what gets us all to think. for the mods i'm sure it is a fine line. allow member to express themselves and keep the focus. i know must of us have seen threads that start about 1 topic and slowly the topic changes to another then another until god only knows how it got to that point. on a special forum it can be even harder for them to keep all the new threads on topic.

i liked the idea i felt was behind your thread. quick to judge in the past? more than 1 case in history has had the public ready to blame the parents and they have been wrong. it is a good lesson for all of us to be ready to change our minds quickly when new information comes to light. the sad truth is there are more smith cases than smart cases. more mothers kill their children and blame a stranger than kids are taken by strangers from their own home. it colors how we see parents now but the numbers are a fact.

the good feeling of others patting you on the back and agreeing with every thing you say only goes so far. 100 people who all say the same thing moves the discussion no where. thought out ideas that disagree are what gets us all to think. for the mods i'm sure it is a fine line. allow member to express themselves and keep the focus. i know must of us have seen threads that start about 1 topic and slowly the topic changes to another then another until god only knows how it got to that point. on a special forum it can be even harder for them to keep all the new threads on topic.

i liked the idea i felt was behind your thread. quick to judge in the past? more than 1 case in history has had the public ready to blame the parents and they have been wrong. it is a good lesson for all of us to be ready to change our minds quickly when new information comes to light. the sad truth is there are more smith cases than smart cases. more mothers kill their children and blame a stranger than kids are taken by strangers from their own home. it colors how we see parents now but the numbers are a fact.

You're the "I like the debate, not the fight" person I've been told about! Pleased to meet you. I hope these discussions can continue to mutate productively, too.

Sadly, you're right about the numbers. It would be wonderful to have another Smart and not Smith case, but the numbers aren't in our favor.

Shrinky

You're the "I like the debate, not the fight" person I've been told about! Pleased to meet you. I hope these discussions can continue to mutate productively, too.

Sadly, you're right about the numbers. It would be wonderful to have another Smart and not Smith case, but the numbers aren't in our favor.

Shrinky
lol i guess that is me.

glow called me wise!:blushing: :blowkiss:

Take off topic subjects to the jury room or parking lot. This thread has nothing to do with Maddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member