China Recalls Tainted Leukemia Drugs

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
:banghead: OK...This is getting ridiculous! First our animals, then our children, our toothpaste, our chopsticks, and now our Leukemia patients?! For a country we depend so much on...sure sounds like they have it in for us! Sheesh! Buy American!!! At least, when a company here tries to kill us we can have them arrested.

BEIJING — Chinese authorities ordered the recall of tainted leukemia drugs blamed for leg pains and other problems, state media reported Sunday, the latest crisis to strike the country's embattled food and drug industries.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296942,00.html

Why are we hearing all this now, in the last few months? i think it has been going on for a long time but now the government is wanting us to boycott. Of course I would trust nothing from China now. Not even the resteraunts. You see a picture of a guy stomping garlic in his boots and he is serving it in a resteraunt and it makes you not want to eat anything chinese. My local Evergreen Chinese resteraunt had a dog in their freezer. They were not cited because they said it was for personal use.

:banghead: OK...This is getting ridiculous! First our animals, then our children, our toothpaste, our chopsticks, and now our Leukemia patients?! For a country we depend so much on...sure sounds like they have it in for us! Sheesh! Buy American!!! At least, when a company here tries to kill us we can have them arrested.

BEIJING — Chinese authorities ordered the recall of tainted leukemia drugs blamed for leg pains and other problems, state media reported Sunday, the latest crisis to strike the country's embattled food and drug industries.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296942,00.html
This is tragic, I try to buy Australian made as much as I can, but there are just certain things that are cheaper that are imported from overseas, sometimes you cant buy locally. SS sounds like you guys are in the same boat, it is cheaper to buy imported then made in the USA. There a lot of people here who cannot afford to buy everything locally grown or made.
Countries are going to start looking elsewhere for products as china is turning out to be untrustworthy.

I agree, Shazza. We should also hold our country accountable for the lack of inspections being done to prevent these tainted products to keep entering our borders from China or from anywhere!

I plan on buying as many local products as possible for Xmas here. I hope the grands understand when they get authentic Oklahoma Bar-B-Q sauce in their xmas stockings this year. LOL (Guess they will have a great time smearing it on the walls n stuff! hehehe At least I know for a fact they won't get lead poisoning from it!)

I agree, Shazza. We should also hold our country accountable for the lack of inspections being done to prevent these tainted products to keep entering our borders from China or from anywhere!

Same here SS, they have stepped up the security on what persons are allowed in and out of the country, due to the terrorism happening all over the world, they need to up the security on all products allowed into the countries also.

I try and stay off some of these threads but leukemia patients? This is the worst to me. Has anyone ever seen a child die of leukemia, I have. If this is the case with China and the shoddy products then we can safely say that we write them off. We will buy home grown and maybe less than we wish but more than we need but we aren't putting innocent people's lives at stake. Jeez! That pizzes me off.

Our government has got to do a better job of protecting us. Cheapest is obviously not always best.

Our government has got to do a better job of protecting us. Cheapest is obviously not always best.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Hear Hear Texana.

The old adage "You get what you paid for", if you want quality you have to pay a little more, sadly there are a lot of people who cannont afford to do that.

I wouldn't doubt they do some of this on purpose.They hate us! I am checking everything out~no more Chinese.I will do without.I even found pencils for my grt.grandson made in USA. I will do without things to pay more for American products. I trust Canada,U.K. Switzerland,Sweden,and Germany..Thats it folks. On a humorous note (not really) I may need a serious surgery.My granddaughter told me "no Chinese Dr.,he may have a lead scalpel".LOL.
ConcernedPerson~Hi Sweetie, my son passed from Leukemia..No one can convince me it wasn't from blood transfusions..I understand they now check for it~you know, more than just a white blood count...Luvya~ IMO

I wouldn't doubt they do some of this on purpose.They hate us! I am checking everything out~no more Chinese.I will do without.I even found pencils for my grt.grandson made in USA. I will do without things to pay more for American products. I trust Canada,U.K. Switzerland,Sweden,and Germany..Thats it folks. On a humorous note (not really) I may need a serious surgery.My granddaughter told me "no Chinese Dr.,he may have a lead scalpel".LOL.
ConcernedPerson~Hi Sweetie, my son passed from Leukemia..No one can convince me it wasn't from blood transfusions..I understand they now check for it~you know, more than just a white blood count...Luvya~ IMO

I agree. I recently took down new curtains and pajama pants that I had bought and returned them to Walmart, telling them the reason is that they were made in China. I have almost no silverware left due to grandkids destroying and losing it all and can't find any from anywhere other than China in the stores. Thank goodness I found an old box of stainless made in the USA that belonged to my late uncle. Doing without or shopping yard sales here I come. Does anyone know how much of our medication is being made in China?

What a head's up this article was. I had NO idea that some of our medications were made in China. :banghead::doh:

What a head's up this article was. I had NO idea that some of our medications were made in China. :banghead::doh:

And this is scaring me a bit. My daughter has to take tons of meds to exist and I don't know how to find out if her meds are created in China.

:banghead: It really does seem like China is out to get us :furious: I have been trying to get made in USA only for a few years now.I am going to make sure from now on I don't buy anything at all from China.

Don't forget about the tires that were also being recalled.

And this is scaring me a bit. My daughter has to take tons of meds to exist and I don't know how to find out if her meds are created in China.

concernedperson,
Is there anyway you can alert your concerns about your daughter's meds to her doctors? Surely they could help you. If not, shoot me a pm and I'll be glad to do some internet research for you.

concernedperson,
Is there anyway you can alert your concerns about your daughter's meds to her doctors? Surely they could help you. If not, shoot me a pm and I'll be glad to do some internet research for you.

Of course that is possible but do they know? Her main drug is Creon which is a digestive enzyme that she has to take before eating. Otherwise her pancreas will not accept food. There are others but Creon is 400 hundred dollars a month.

Concerned~ Contact your pharmacist. Drugs are his business and he can tell you more than any Doc can about meds. I am sorry that your daughter has to take so many meds. I hope things get better eventually for her and for you. I realize how very expensive they are.

Nore~ Bless your heart. Sounds like you have been thru a lot. The loss of your son to Leukemia is so heartbreaking. I wish you much love and many hugs~

Of course that is possible but do they know? Her main drug is Creon which is a digestive enzyme that she has to take before eating. Otherwise her pancreas will not accept food. There are others but Creon is 400 hundred dollars a month.

I'll see what I can find about Creon. 400.00 a month? Having a loved one seriously ill is hard enough on a mother and the entire family. But having to pay that price for your daughter's medicine is almost criminal. :(

Oh this is awful. As if someone suffering from Leukimia needs anything else to worry about...

Maybe I am getting a bit paranoid. With all of the products that are imported into this country it would be a great way to for them to use germ or some form of chemical warfare.

While I agree with everything everyone is saying, I have to say this: don't get too paranoid about China being out the get the US.

I see a lot of people here saying 'they're out to get us', well if they are, they are out to get the entire rest of the world, because this is happening all over Europe too (and Australia too, Shazza, other Aussies?).

I know it's not much in the form of comfort, LOL. But for some it might be, as 'the US being targeted' seems (rightfully so, sadly) a big fear for many. However I doubt that's the case here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back