GUILTY TX - Ariania Green, 3, dead, sisters injured in arson fire, Haltom City, 15 Sept 2007

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Fire hurts 4; mother held

Haltom City: Woman charged with injuring girls; one is critical

A 29-year-old Haltom City mother whose family had been investigated by Child Protective Services was arrested after she was burned in a Saturday morning fire that nearly killed her 3-year-old daughter and severely injured her two older girls, authorities said.

Police were hesitant to confirm initial statements by fire officials at the scene that the mother put the children in a closet, doused them with gasoline and set them on fire.

The woman, whom authorities did not name, and her three daughters, ages 3, 5, and 7, were being treated at Parkland Memorial Hospital's burn unit. The youngest girl was in critical condition, fire officials said. The children's father was not home at the time of the fire.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...tomfire_16met.ART.State.Edition1.424424d.html

HALTOM CITY — A Haltom City neighborhood was in shock after police say a 29-year-old mother set her three daughters on fire on Saturday.
Investigators said the woman, whose name was not released, took the childen into a closet, doused them with gasoline, and set them on fire shortly after 11 a.m.
Neighbors in the 3400 block of Edith Lane said they were shocked to see a disoriented woman going door-to-door—followed by her daughters, still on fire.
"The mother was actually banging on the door and started ringing the doorbell," said Raul Ponce, who was getting ready for football practice when he got the shock of a lifetime.
"They were just screaming, 'Why did you do that to us, mom? Why?'" Ponce recalled. "The mom was yelling and running, saying, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry.'"
Julio Mauritio, a friend of the children, witnessed the aftermath. "When they came out, I saw their face and feet burning and their hands," he said
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa070915_lj_greene.d97fc3ab.html

This is just horrible. I can't even imagine! There is something terribly wrong with anyone who could set three little kids on fire and lock them in the closet. I wonder how they got out? I can't imagine answering the door to 4 people burning or hearing screaming and going to see what was going on and seeing something so awful. It's like a nightmare. I hope they lock that so called mom up for the rest of her life. Prayers for those poor little kids that they fully heal.

Prayers for the children and their father (can you imagine how he felt when he heard about this?!).

I hope the children are never returned to this mother.

God bless those babies. To me, a burn is the worst pain there is, and I am sure these kids will be disfigured also. What could possess a person to do something so awful?!!!! I hope that when this mother dies, she burns for a looooong time.:furious: :furious: :furious:

HALTOM CITY, Texas (AP) -- A woman whose three young daughters were seriously burned was arrested, and neighbors said the mother told a fire investigator she had doused the children with gasoline and set them on fire.

The oldest girl, just 7, screamed, "Why mommy? Why mommy? Why did you do this to me?" after she and her sisters were pulled out of their burning house Saturday, neighbor Kevin Lopez said Monday.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHILDREN_BURNED?SITE=WIMIL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

So the woman was bi-polar and off her meds threatening to do all sorts of things to those kids. What does the father do??? Leaves them alone with the crazy mother, and she lights them on fire.

HALTOM CITY, Texas — A 3-year-old who was the youngest of three severely burned sisters died Tuesday, and police said her mother, accused of setting the girls on fire, will be charged with capital murder.
The 3-year-old, whose name was not released by police, died after being taken off life support, Haltom City police said. Her two older sisters, ages 5 and 7, remained hospitalized in Dallas, but their conditions were not being released.
Authorities said their mother, Alysha V. Green, put her daughters in a closet, poured gasoline on them and set them on fire Saturday. The 29-year-old already has been charged with serious bodily injury to a child, which carries a maximum penalty of life in prison.
Green, who also was burned, remained hospitalized Tuesday. Her condition was also not being released, and police said they did not know whether she had an attorney.
Neighbors _ who rescued the girls, sprayed them with a water hose and covered them with wet towels _ said the 7-year-old stood in the yard screaming, "Why, mommy?" Neighbors said that the youngest was the most severely burned but that the older girls suffered severe burns on their lower bodies. /**/
The girls could be heard screaming as one neighbor called 911, according to recordings released by Haltom City police.
"There's little girls, and they're burning," the caller told the operator. "You gotta hurry."
Neighbor Greg Donihoo, who rescued the two oldest girls from the smoke-filled house in the Fort Worth suburb, said he had seen Green kick and scream at the youngsters.
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Sep18/0,4670,ChildrenBurned,00.html

This is so horrible I haven't been able to comment. It is good this poor baby doesn't have to suffer anymore. She is in heavan and has no more pain. How could someone do this to any living thing I don't understand. If she wanted to kill her children did she have to set them on fire. I wish she would be burned alive.

And it's even worse for the surviving girls, because they have to live with the painful memories and the scars for the rest of their lives. I hope that the father isn't allowed to have those children and that they get therapy. My heart goes out to them and they will be in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Crying. This is just horrible!!! Those poor babies. The 3-year-old child is now the best off in this whole mess...she is with Jesus and isn't suffering anymore. God help these little girls, please!! Heal them and find them a loving, safe home.

May the mother get everything she deserves. :furious: The father, too, for not protecting his daughters.

So the woman was bi-polar and off her meds threatening to do all sorts of things to those kids. What does the father do??? Leaves them alone with the crazy mother, and she lights them on fire.

I didn't see that about the mother being bi-polar and off her meds. If so, he was crazy to leave the children with her.

I didn't see that about the mother being bi-polar and off her meds. If so, he was crazy to leave the children with her.

This is near me and the local news reported it. I wasn't shocked and that makes me more mad than anything. We hear about this happening too often.

Here's a link to more info:

http://viewmydeath.com/News/596.html

and:

The girls' father, Adam Green, arrived a short time after the girls had been pulled out of the house, saying his wife must not have taken her medication and that he could not believe what had happened, Lopez said.

Alysha Green and the children's father had been seen arguing in the yard recently, Ponce said. The children regularly stopped by neighbors' homes to borrow food such as eggs and butter, he said.

Gonzalez said CPS caseworkers had investigated a report earlier this year that the children were witnesses to domestic violence but could not substantiate the claim. Haltom City police had not been called to the address in the past few years except for city code violations, said a police spokesman, Sgt. Terry Stayer.

http://www.star-telegram.com/226/story/238939.html

more:

Authorities said their mother, Alysha V. Green, put her daughters in a closet, poured gasoline on them and set them on fire Saturday. The 29-year-old already has been charged with serious bodily injury to a child, which carries a maximum penalty of life in prison.

Neighbor Greg Donihoo, who rescued the two oldest girls from the smoke-filled house in the Fort Worth suburb, said he had seen Green kick and scream at the youngsters.

my feeling can change if new information comes out. this post is about what information we have at this time only. and only applies if the facts as reported are true.

when a man beats a child to death and mom knew he was violent i always feel she should be charged. she knew her child was in danger but allowed them to be harmed anyway. i see this case much the same way. dad knew she was mentally ill and did not always take her medicine.
Channel 11 also reported that Alysha Green suffers from bipolar disorder and had previously threatened to harm her husband by setting the house on fire.
there were warnings. for whatever reason dad ignored them and one baby is dead and 2 others if they live will suffer for life. if a neighbor saw her get violent with the kids i dont buy for 1 minute the father never saw it. when you have a child you have a duty to protect it. if you marry some1 who is mentally ill and you know they are violent and you know they dont take their meds and you leave the children with them anyway you are guilty for the danger that befalls them imo. i have no idea how ill the mother is. i dont know if she is so crazy she is not responsible for her actions but what is dad's excuse???

Thank you for all the links Jeana. It is hard to believe he would leave those precious girls with her knowing she was not taking her meds.

Sherri, I want to know what the dad's excuse is too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back