1303 users online (271 members and 1032 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The McCann's are victims

I thought this (attacking the family) was against the TOS and even Tricia said this was not allowed other than in the JBR forum.

The only reason the McCann's have been declared suspects by the PJ is because they can't find anyone else to pin it on. Just because they can't find the actual guilty party (Brian Mitchell and his "wife" Wanda Barzee in ES case) doesn't mean they wont, in time.

As of right now the McCann's really are just victims of a crime.

This same accuse the family tactic was used on the vanDams, the grandparents of Jessica Lundsford (neighbors brother Ed Couey was the one), Elizabeth Smart, Xiana Fairchild (over 3 years to catch Curtis Anderson) and many other child victims families. When the police and the media can't find someone else they always turn against the family. Look at how horribly these other innocent people were vilified on message boards only to have been found 100% innocent after all....

Things aren't always as the media or police report they are. Especially when evidence is sketchy or fabricated...

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I thought this (attacking the family) was against the TOS and even Tricia said this was not allowed other than in the JBR forum.

The only reason the McCann's have been declared suspects by the PJ is because they can't find anyone else to pin it on. Just because they can't find the actual guilty party (Brian Mitchell and his "wife" Wanda Barzee in ES case) doesn't mean they wont, in time.

This same accuse the family tactic was used on the vanDams, the grandparents of Jessica Lundsford (neighbors brother Ed Couey was the one), Elizabeth Smart, Xiana Fairchild (over 3 years to catch Curtis Anderson) and many other child victims families. When the police and the media can't find someone else they always turn against the family. Look at how horribly these other innocent people were vilified on message boards only to have been found 100% innocent after all....

Things aren't always as the media or police report they are. Especially when evidence is sketchy or fabricated...
    We can attack the family in the JBR forum, but in no other forums can we attack the family?????

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    We can attack the family in the JBR forum, but in no other forums can we attack the family?????
    That is correct, according to Tricia.

Huh?

The only reason the McCann's have been declared suspects by the PJ is because they can't find anyone else to pin it on.
    Okay, let's not believe in the police who have been trained for this kind of job. What do you suggest instead?

Really? Hmmm..the only victim I see here who STILL missing is Madeleine Mc Cann.

So if we are not to believe the police or the media...what do you suggest to be done? I am puzzled.

The evidence that she was abducted by a stranger at this point is also sketchy or fabricated. Who really knows at this point? They have been declared suspects, period.

Why is your attack on the police any less slanted or more morally upstanding that others seeing the suspicious behavior in the McCanns?

Your declairing them innocent is of no more consequence than my questioning the unraveling of events. Most here have not declaried them guilty of killing her, but do not deny their underlying guilt and neglect.

This is always such a difficult topic when a child is taken or murdered. I believe that posters on both sides of the fence and the fencesitters are sincere in their desire for Madeleine's safe return.

I also understand that the people who believe that either the father or mother or both had a hand in her disappearance are very sincere in their views and are totally repulsed by the possibility that a parent, any parent could harm their own child. The truth of it is that any decent person is repulsed by such an idea.

The people who refuse to judge because they haven't seen what they believe is credible evidence are sincere in their belief that the family shouldn't be attacked because they too are totally repulsed by the idea that a parent would intentionally hurt their child & want actual proof before they make a decision one way or another.

Personally I'm very hopeful that the new law in Portugal will allow light to be shed on this whole sorry mess.

That is correct, according to Tricia.
    do you have a link to that????

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    The evidence that she was abducted by a stranger at this point is also sketchy or fabricated. Who really knows at this point? They have been declared suspects, period.

Why is your attack on the police any less slanted or more morally upstanding that others seeing the suspicious behavior in the McCanns?

Your declairing them innocent is of no more consequence than my questioning the unraveling of events. Most here have not declaried them guilty of killing her, but do not deny their underlying guilt and neglect.
    I didn't attack the police, but I certainly question what they've allowed the press to publish. The PJ has made it a very strict rule that they don't discuss case evidence, or so I have read. So why is all this evidence being leaked to the media?

As far as anyone knows the McCann's are innocent of any wrong doing. That makes them victims just like Beth Holloway.
    I've seen post after post of how guilty the McCann's are here, even posts of how they premeditated this whole thing. How they are the most "hungry for the limelight parents" anyone has ever seen. Obviously those posters never saw the Ramsey's on CNN the day after their daughter was buried.

It's odd that the McCanns have been very cooperative when the Ramsey's weren't. The McCanns stayed there for months instead of trying to flee within 30 minutes...

These attacks on the parents here are the exact same type as the attacks on the grandparents of Jessica Lundsford were too. All based on media reports and police conferences given. FL PD even stated on air that there were "problems" with the grandfathers polygraph which started a whole bunch of new threads declaring him the person who "did it".

I think we all know how the media operates. They are the ones who slant the story and people believe it. If the McCanns were truely suspects I don't believe they would have been allowed to leave the country. They were never arrested, never posted bail, nothing, yet they are officially declared suspects?
    Not even the BPD officially called the Ramsey's suspects...

The posts I've seen here that deliberately attack and accuse the parents who are at this point actually considered victims of a victim are still against Tricia's post about not attacking the family.

If anyone has a problem with what she has said in that regard, please take it up with Tricia.

Seeker, would you mind posting a link where Tricia said that? (that attacks can be given to the Ramseys but not in this case)

I personally still waiting for your suggestions. Since according to you, the Media is overdoing it and the police is not doing their job properly...what do YOU suggest to be done? I am really puzzled because if we are not to believe the police (who have been trained for this type of jobs) or the Media...what are we supposed to do? We have a missing child here and someone is responsible. So what is your idea?

I didn't attack the police, but I certainly question what they've allowed the press to publish. The PJ has made it a very strict rule that they don't discuss case evidence, or so I have read. So why is all this evidence being leaked to the media?

As far as anyone knows the McCann's are innocent of any wrong doing. That makes them victims just like Beth Holloway.
    I've seen post after post of how guilty the McCann's are here, even posts of how they premeditated this whole thing. How they are the most "hungry for the limelight parents" anyone has ever seen. Obviously those posters never saw the Ramsey's on CNN the day after their daughter was buried.

It's odd that the McCanns have been very cooperative when the Ramsey's weren't. The McCanns stayed there for months instead of trying to flee within 30 minutes...

These attacks on the parents here are the exact same type as the attacks on the grandparents of Jessica Lundsford were too. All based on media reports and police conferences given. FL PD even stated on air that there were "problems" with the grandfathers polygraph which started a whole bunch of new threads declaring him the person who "did it".

I think we all know how the media operates. They are the ones who slant the story and people believe it. If the McCanns were truely suspects I don't believe they would have been allowed to leave the country. They were never arrested, never posted bail, nothing, yet they are officially declared suspects?
    Not even the BPD officially called the Ramsey's suspects...

The posts I've seen here that deliberately attack and accuse the parents who are at this point actually considered victims of a victim are still against Tricia's post about not attacking the family.

If anyone has a problem with what she has said in that regard, please take it up with Tricia.

What constitutes an attack versus a discussion of speculations?

Well, if you go back and read all the recent threads, you will see that moderator Animal04216k, moderator, posted specifically that we could discuss the behavior of the McCanns and their status as victims/perpetrators/possibly involved parties since Kate McCann had officially been named a suspect by Portuguese police authorities.

The moderators have been doing an excellent job keeping up with and controlling the high emotions and feelings running on this forum and any violations of TOS they have been quick to assert that and their authority.

If you feel this is a violation of TOS, you should take it up with them, not start a thread on it.

i was under the impression you can not attack the victim. the family of a missing child is thought of as a victim. once the family becomes suspects officially all bets are off. look at the trenton duckett forum. mods are quick to stop any negative talk about the father or his family. any negative talk about the mothers parents or grandparents is off limits. the mother her self we can talk about all day because she is named a suspect. we still can not call her names and must act like grown ups but we can judge her behavior all day. mods have stated in that forum over and over it is because she is a suspect.

The parents of Danielle Van Dam, Elizabeth Smart and Jessica Lunsford had their sweet daughters stolen out of their beds by a perp who broke in while they slept. Xiana Fairchild disappeared on her way to school. In none of these cases were the parents in any way responsible for their disappearance, although there might have been extenuating circumstances in Xiana's.

On the other hand, the McCanns selfish actions of going out drinking and leaving their children alone in the holiday apartment behind a (supposedly) unlocked door is not in dispute. Even if it turns out that Madeleine was kidnapped and not directly harmed by her parents, they are fully responsible for her fate.

I think perhaps your definition of "attack" is different than mine. To me, considering and discussing their possible involvement in the death and disappearance of Madeleien is not an ATTACK. Discussing their neglegence in leaving their children unattended is not an ATTACK. Discussing any of their behavior is not an ATTACK. Its discussion regarding the case.

We've been through this before with the moderators of websleuths and they have agreed that the above is not a TOS. If thats been changed, I'd like a MOD to post it.

The McCanns are victims of themselves. They are official "suspects" and as such, do not fall under the same category as "victims" the way Websleuths normally would protect family members who are NOT suspects. I'm sure you're aware of this though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast