Nebraska State Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
Nebraska Democratic State Senator Ernie Chambers has decided to go straight to the top in an effort to stop natural disasters from befalling the world.
Chambers filed a lawsuit against God in Douglas County Court Friday afternoon, KPTM Fox 42 reported.
Click here for more from KPTM Fox 42 in Omaha.
The suit asks for a "permanent injunction ordering Defendant to cease certain harmful activities and the making of terroristic threats."
The lawsuit identifies the plaintiff as, "the duly elected and serving State Senator from the 11th Legislative District in Omaha, Nebraska."
Chambers also cites that the, "defendant directly and proximately has caused, inter alia, fearsome floods, egregious earthquakes, horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornados, pestilential plagues..."
Chambers says he isn't suing God because he has any kind of beef with the deity. He says the suit is to fight possible laws restricting the filing of frivolous lawsuits. Chambers tells KPTM FOX 42 News that his lawsuit is in response to bills brought forth by other state senators to try and stop lawsuits from being filed.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297121,00.html

if i was a law maker pushing a bill to stop frivolous lawsuits i would use this guy as a example...

The sad thing is Chambers at has really good ideas and is a huge advocate for his constituents but he acts like such a whack job that it's hard to take him seriously no matter how good his ideas are. This is his last term in office-because of term limits he'll be out next year after something like 38 years-he's been in office longer than I've been alive!

Becca

Is he calling God a terrorist? And, if he wins... how will he collect his winnings?!?!

So... he files a frivoulous law suit to try and stop other lawmakers from making laws to stop frivoulous law suits? What kind of logic is that?!?!

I think they need to have this Senator evaluated by the "pros" and perhaps "saved" by being put in a mental hospital... This guy is making a laughing stock of himself as well as his representatives.

Is this man really qualified to be a senator? Sounds like he is really out there.

:doh:
I wonder why he isn't suing the Devil, also.
:doh:

If I was a constituent, I'd be suing him for wasting mine and fellow taxpayers money.:slap:

Ok...

And we don't apply drug testing on our politicians???

LOL!!!! They're "above that" yet almost every mundane worker is drug tested....I agree whole-heartedly that our decision makers should be tested and evaluated by a psychiatrist. Those records should then be made public if they're truly "public servants". Outrageous!

I wonder who God's defense attorney would be?? If he testified would he swear to tell the truth "So help me, me." :angel:

I'm wondering how they expect to serve the summons and complaint . . .

I'm wondering how they expect to serve the summons and complaint . . .
oh they have that worked out. they even included it in the papers they filed when they sued God. God knows every thing so they aint got to tell him he is being sued and God is every where so he is already in the court room. can you tell he put alot of thought into this...

And I thought the 45 million dollar pants was a stupid lawsuit!!

I'm confused as to why anyone would not want to stop frivolous lawsuits? Oh, wait, because people actually get million dollar settlements from them. Nevermind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back