1083 users online (183 members and 900 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Boys nicked for apple damage

This makes me so cross. There is a youth notorious in my neighbourhood who terrorises the other kids and I dare say a fair few adults aswell and he gets away with it scot free. One of my cats also has a leg missing and I have a five hundred pound vets bill to pay as a result of the same child getting trigger happy with his pellet gun. And lads like this get arrested for something so trivial?

TWO brothers aged 12 were arrested and grilled by cops — for scraping an apple along a wall.

Curtis and Liam Francis were hauled away to the police station, where they had their mugshots, DNA and fingerprints taken.
    They were questioned for more than an hour and given a formal reprimand for criminal damage.
    The boys had picked up the fallen apple and used it to scrape ants off a neighbour’s wall.
    They left a mark on the paint, so went home and confessed to mum Sasha.
    She took them back to the neighbour’s, offering to clean off the mark.
    The homeowner forgave the lads, but said he had to report it to police in case he needed to make an insurance claim.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007430284,00.html
    Sasha, 35, was stunned when a uniformed PC came to arrest the boys in Gillingham, Dorset.
    Last edited by missacorah; 09-18-2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: posted pics in error

These apple vandals are the same boys who caused your cat to lose a leg? Ooooooh I would be mad...did you file charges?

Mygirlsadie, two separate stories there. In her story the boy does hurtful things yet is going around scot free. She's peev'ed that the boys in her neighborhood haven't been talked to and yet the boys with the apple are in trouble for a very small problem.

I don't blame her either, I'd be upset if a hooligan got away with hurting animals yet an apple accident was deemed enough to go to jail over.

The boys were honest, the mother was taking responsibility for her children's actions and yet they get in trouble with cops! Makes no sense to me.

Oh ok I get it... (thanks BhamMama) & she is exactly right I don't blame her for being mad either!!

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama View Post
    Mygirlsadie, two separate stories there. In her story the boy does hurtful things yet is going around scot free. She's peev'ed that the boys in her neighborhood haven't been talked to and yet the boys with the apple are in trouble for a very small problem.

I don't blame her either, I'd be upset if a hooligan got away with hurting animals yet an apple accident was deemed enough to go to jail over.

The boys were honest, the mother was taking responsibility for her children's actions and yet they get in trouble with cops! Makes no sense to me.

Too bad they used an apple and not a pear.

You know the saying - an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

This neighbor sure needs a doctor - a shrink! But he's probably kept away by the apple now.
    A possible insurance claim for 'apple damage'?

good thing they caught these criminals before they moved on to more dangerous crimes like blue berries...

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    These apple vandals are the same boys who caused your cat to lose a leg? Ooooooh I would be mad...did you file charges?
    Lol sorry I was on a mad rant and wasnt clear 'mygirlsadie'! You know how things like this can get to you sometimes!

By the way the same child I mentioned who shot my cat, we did take to court as he held my 9 year old son on his knees, execution style for 45 minutes with the same pellet gun to his head asking him to imagine what it would be like were he to pull the trigger!

He had to apologise and was told not to come near my son. That was all.

Quote Originally Posted by missacorah View Post
    By the way the same child I mentioned who shot my cat, we did take to court as he held my 9 year old son on his knees, execution style for 45 minutes with the same pellet gun to his head asking him to imagine what it would be like were he to pull the trigger!

That's bull****! People don't realize that a pellet gun can be just as dangerous as a real gun. A pellet has a FPS velocity that comes close to that of a bullet. But having some kid holding a gun to another child's head is a terroristic threat and should have been treated as such. If this would have happened in Georgia, the judge wouldn't have been so lenient.

I would like to hold that judge on his knees for 45 minutes with a pellet gun to his head, telling him to imagine what it would be like if I pulled the trigger. You know what? I'd make it an unknown gun. Or Russian roulette. Your son probably had no idea of the difference between a 'real' gun and a pellet gun either, and I can't even imagine how scared he must have been. (Not to mention that at close range it doesn't matter if it's a pellet gun or not).

I hope your son is alright, missacorah.

Thanks, yes my son is fine. He has never really been a child for wanting to play out alone (which I must admit Im secretly thankful for) but this has put him off completely.

When the judge was told about the cat incident conneted to the same boy, also he said 'Well you have something great for show and tell' in reference to the pellet the vets gave my son in a little sample bottle when they removed it from the cats leg!

I didnt know whether to laugh or cry!

Thanks, yes my son is fine. He has never really been a child for wanting to play out alone (which I must admit Im secretly thankful for) but this has put him off completely.

When the judge was told about the cat incident conneted to the same boy, also he said 'Well you have something great for show and tell' in reference to the pellet the vets gave my son in a little sample bottle when they removed it from the cats leg!

I didnt know whether to laugh or cry!
    sounds like a great Judge, he should be in reader's list of worst Judge's in America

so sorry to hear about your cat.. and I am glad your son is okay