1248 users online (234 members and 1014 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered

IN - Wendy Felton, 16, Marion, 1987 -&- Tricia Reitler, 19, Marion, 1993

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/299dfin.html Wendy

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/910dfin.html Tricia

I have always suspected there was more to this story and maybe there are others connected to this that we just don't know about. There are a lot of girls missing through out the mid west it's just connecting them to these girls so this can all get solved.

In Tricia's case there have been three suspects named. I wonder if somehow LE could get one of them to turn on the others and talk about what happened to one or both girls.

Hoppy

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    well, the three suspects weren't connected at all so no way that could happen and in the paper they had only ever mentioned just two who are both in prison one is in for theft and the othe for child a abduction and I believe murder and in that case they ended up ruling him out of Tricia's case.

I have noticed though that there are a lot of cases that sound a lot like these two as far as age,height,weight, hair color in Ohio,Michigan, Illinois and other states close by.
    Grant County isn't what I would call an over populated one with just under 50,000 people for the whole county, and there were no events taking place when these two disappeared.
    Ego's run big in LE here so I think they never really looked outside to see if there were other cases that were close in details
    Last edited by Al_B; 09-19-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Indiana vs. Larry Hall

http://pub.bna.com/cl/19990203/974032.htm

I will try to find information on the other 2 cases

the Wiki for Grant County
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_County,_Indiana

Our county isn't real big and we are located with 1 major highway and several state highways easy access and lots of trucks roll through

A book just came out about Larry Hall and Wendy Felton's brother left a long rant the other day on the amazon review about how the author never contacted his parents and now new wounds are reopened. I feel so bad for the guy. Link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Urges-Chronicl...R1BI6YB0DDVKCB

Let's try to revisit this case and maybe even help the family get some closure. I came across this completely on accident and feel it is my obligation to bring the case back to light. I am new to this - suggestions on where to begin?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/felton_wendy.html

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-04/j...ry?_s=PM:CRIME

Recanted confession leaves missing girl's parents in limbo

July 04, 2011|By Dana Rosenblatt, CNN

Eighteen years after Tricia Reitler's disappearance, Donna and Garry Reitler find themselves still searching for their daughter.

"You find yourself, when you're driving, looking out the window, and you're just looking," says Garry Reitler.
    This article has 6 pages.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-18-years.html

By Paul Bentley

Last updated at 4:34 PM on 10th July 2011

'How sad to be envious of another family just because they found the body of their child,' Mr Reitler added.

I know this is an old thread but I just found this site as I was going thru some stuff online about these two cases & thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth out there.
    I've lived in Marion all my life & have always been interested in these two cases & recently I've really been thinking about them a lot & have been reading everything I could find on the cases.
    I know with 100% certainty within my own self that Larry Hall is responsible for Tricia Reitlers disappearance (and when I point out to others why I say that, they tend to agree with me) & he very well may have been involved with Wendy's also.
    I've also got a theory about where he may have disposed of Tricia's remains based on his own account & evidence found in his possession & places he was known to frequent & I spend a lot of time in that area hunting & whatnot but it is a big tract of land.
    I figure if I'm going to be out in the woods hunting or mushroom hunting or whatever I might as well go to that particular area & who knows might just stumble on something.

Welcome to Websleuths biggjimm!

I don't have any insights into these cases but have read about them. My dad grew up in Marion so we visited his family there a lot growing up and I have tons of memories of all the places we used to go. Every time I eat a donut I start longing for a Vogels caramel roll. Hard to believe that while I was enjoying things like that these two girls were being taken.

Itsmevkb,
    I think about that sometimes too. It's chilling to look back at a time when I was doing something fun or whatever & to know at that very same time someone was going through something as horrible as these girls endured.

We're coming up on the 23rd year since Tricia's disappearance in just a couple weeks & I think it'll be 29 years this year since Wendy disappeared and to know that some lowlife coward has the information that would allow these families to finally bring their girls home and they continue to keep that information to themselves.

Some claim Larry Hall has said if Indiana would not seek the death penalty against him he would tell where she's buried at. That should be a decision the families would have to agree to but I've read several times where the Reitlers have said they don't want revenge or any retribution, they just want to bring their daughter home.

I think most of the time it's a control issue within the twisted mind of a serial killer, the fact that they hold the key that unlocks the puzzle gives them the same sick pleasure as committing the crime in the first place.

I feel for these families everyday.
    I remember back when my son was in college & working at the mall in Indianapolis & his roommate went to pick him up from work at around midnight on a cold winters night & went to the wrong side of the mall. After my son waited for 30-40 min, & is cell phone was dead & he couldn't get back in the mall to a phone, he decided to walk back to the dorm. In the meantime his roommate could not find him anywhere & decided to call my wife & I to tell us that our son was missing, at about 1:00 am.
    I'll never forget the panic & fear that set in. A dread so strong you can taste it. It was absolutely the single worst moment in my life. It took us about 20 min to get dressed & I grabbed a couple handguns & some ammo & we tore out for Indy. About 10 min into our drive our son had finally reached his dorm & called me to tell me how angry he was with his roommate. I can't explain in words the relief that came over me. It was as if I was actually floating above the ground rather than standing on it. I had to pull over for about 30 min after the call because I was so shook up I could no longer drive. It was like the severity of the situation just hit me all at once. And we had our son back. I could not imagine (even after going through that) what these families have gone through & continue to go through on a daily basis. And to think that some sicko is getting his jollies just knowing that he caused all that pain & continues to cause it daily just really makes my blood boil. I'd like to have about 30 min with the little cowards, I guarantee I'd get the information out of them.

I pray everyday that somehow, someway, these girls can finally come home & be laid to rest with the compassion & love that they deserve instead of spending one more night out in some cold, damp, dark & scary woods. What a day that would truly be....

Itsmevkb, unfortunately Jim Vogel retired some years back. And while a few have tried, no-one will ever come close to a vogels caramel roll! They were truly one of a kind.
    Have a blessed day.

One way of connecting all of the midwestern young womens' disappearances might be to figure out if there were any Civil War reenactments going on at the general time and area they disappeared. Larry Dewayne Hall was a re-enactor that travelled all over the Midwest, participating in Civil War re-enactment type events. He has a twin brother.

There is another book about Hall : In With The Devil by James Keene
    Last edited by rainwater; 03-13-2016 at 10:17 PM.
    Where is Shawn Hale? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7546/0/ Missing from Apple Valley CA since 11/04/1994

Where is Michelle Crawford? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14428/0/ Missing from Lawton, OK since 06/08/1999

Where is Jennifer Lee Schmidt? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4822/0/ (Missing From West Lafayette IN(Purdue University) since 08/06/85.

That's exactly how authorities have connected him to several cases. And there are a couple battle re-enactments in our county & adjacent counties that both Larry & his twin brother Gary were known to have been involved with. And located in just the kind of off the beaten path, out in the woods where not a whole lot of people go type of places that one might dispose of a victim.

I have yet to read Keene's book but I know the story well. Great idea Beaumont had of putting Keene in with him. And it almost kind of sorta worked. If only Keene would have waited a few more days or if his FBI handler/fake girlfriend would have gotten his message sooner..... I guess we can only speculate on how the outcome may have been different.

A lot of circumstantial evidence came out of that. Evidence that confirms in your gut what happened but not quite what Beaumont was after. The location of Tricia Reitler specifically.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast