NC NC - Pamela Waldher, 16, Fayetteville, 23 Jan 2005

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=3831179

The search continues for a Cumberland County teenager who disappeared one year ago.

Pamela Walder vanished January 22, 2005. She was a tenth-grader at Terry Sanford High School. Police say they located Walder's book bag at Fort bragg in the days after her disappearance, but there has been no sign of the girl. She had only been in Cumberland County for about 18 months. Walder's grandparents, who raised her, are offering a $10,000 reward for information about her whereabouts.

Can someone explain this to me please. This young girl, a teenager, has been missing for a year and not a single missing person's site has her listed?
behindbars.gif
I did a google search and NOTHING. I then did a search on Walder at NCMEC and NOTHING.

Yet her grandparents are posting a $10,000 reward?

I don't get it.
confused.gif

I looked on Google too, PT.

Maybe the article has her name spelled wrong?

KatherineQ it is possible they have the name spelled wrong. Its the only story I could find on this missing girl.

Since the story only came out an hour ago, I'll wait until tomorrow. If it hasn't been edited, or there isn't another story on this girl, I'm going to email the news desk!

Thanks PT, with the internet it was easy - I just searched North Carolina missing children until there was something that looked right.

I think it's a good idea to email the news director -

Her bookbag and clothing were found at Fort Bragg. I wonder if she had become involved with a young man in the service? Wonder how far Fort Bragg is from where this gal lived.

It sounds like her grandparents raised her and then for the last 1 1/2 yrs she had lived with....maybe her mom????? It was thought that she was headed to her grandparents home?

Boy, she has been missing for nearly a year. I wonder if LE did a search of the base and questioned people to see if anyone had seen her there with anyone. Odd her belongings were found on the base if she hadn't been there at some time. Wonder if she had come in contact with a soldier that said he would take her to her grandparents home.....but that isn't where he took her.

sometimes itz a hopeless case to search for people who's been missing since over 1 year..you think of the worst which might have happened to them..or it could be just personal probs pushing them to leave their family roof and reside elsewhere in complete discretion.

Pamela Waldher has been missing for more than two years, but police went out into fields and woods Thursday looking for clues to her disappearance.

Officers and search dogs comprised the search team. Police say they were not acting on any tip, only that they wanted to have a more focused search in the area where Waldher lived.

She was 16 when she left her home the evening of Jan. 23, 2005. She hasn't been seen since. Two days later, investigators found her backpack and clothes on Fort Bragg, 16 miles away.

Thursday, officers canvassed a field between Yadkin and Skibo roads, near the house where Waldher lived. They also combed through a wooded area behind the teen's home on Glen Canyon Drive.

They did not turn up any signs of the missing girl, whom they considered a runaway

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1204988/

i'm always surprised when i read someone's missing info, such as this one, but they don't tell you HOW they left home! so,, did they leave on foot? or, in a car?? hello, what KIND of car? isn't that kind of important, in case the car is found abandoned in another location?

reb said:
i'm always surprised when i read someone's missing info, such as this one, but they don't tell you HOW they left home! so,, did they leave on foot? or, in a car?? hello, what KIND of car? isn't that kind of important, in case the car is found abandoned in another location?

Did someone pick her up....where was she headed...two years and not a sign of this girl. Her poor parents. I wonder if she could have taken off with a service guy that was getting out of the service and just dumped her book bag and clothes....but why not take her clothes then? Questions questions.

If Pam was heading back to Washington state when she left how was she getting here? I didn't see a picture of her in either new article. I would like to see what she looks like as I live here. I wonder what part of Washington she lived in. Need information.

I found a picture of Pam. I would like to know what her relationship was like with her dad...did they get along? If she was headed to Washington state when she disappeared why would she have left her medication behind? I wonder if anyone else saw her that day and I also wonder why her father wasn't taking her to catch a bus or a plane. I find that disturbing along with the medication left behind.

Monday, June 18, 2007

PAMELA WALDHER

Almost two-and-a-half years ago, Pamela Waldher, who was 16 at the time, disappeared in North Carolina after she moved there to live with her father.
Since then, Pam's trail has been ice-cold.
When Pam was 14, she moved to Fayetteville, N.C. She and her father barely knew each other.
In January 2005, Pam went missing after what the father, Beau Garcia, says were some very strong words between them.
Pam was a smart, all-American kid who never got into trouble, according to Strassmann.
Two days after Pam disappeared, her backpack and jacket were found on a secluded part of Ft. Bragg.
"There's really no reason for a 16-year-old to be" in that general area, Nolette says.
The backpack and jacket had been left neatly near a road, the jacket folded and placed under the back pack.
Officially, police say Pam is still considered missing and alive, but they’re not ruling out foul play, and describe Garcia as a "person of interest," which he says is "grossly" adding insult to injury.

More at link
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/31/earlyshow/main1458699.shtml

More photos at this link updated July 9TH 2007
http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/story/1253578/

This Saturday: July 14th at 10:00 pm The Pamela Waldher Case and the Unsolved Murder of Bonnie Neighbors
Next Show Airs July 14 After WRAL's 10 O'Clock News on Fox50

http://www.wral.com/

Hmm. I hate to say it but I have to wonder about her father. Maybe during their argument he did something to her accidentally that killed her.

I've always wondered if she had become involved with a guy in the service and maybe left with him or he had something to do with her disappearance. If she wasn't bonded to her dad she could have easily left without looking back.
I don't know why she would have left her backpack and jacket though. I thought it was odd that her jacket was folded neatly under her backpack. I wonder if she had been waiting for someone there and when he showed up she just left everything or maybe didn't have a choice but to leave her things.
I can't see a man folding her jacket neatly and placing it under her backpack. I would think if her dad did something to her he might have taken her stuff to the base but would have just thrown the backpack and jacket out the window of his vehicle to make it look like she had been there.

Fayetteville police used DNA testing to identify the remains of a teen who's been missing for two years.

Pamela Waldher's remains were recently found on the reservation of Fort Bragg.

Waldher, 16, had been classified as a missing person but her case is now a death investigation. She was reported missing Jan. 23, 2005 from her home on Glen Canyon Drive. Several days later, her book bag and coat were found on Fort Bragg.

Police are not yet saying where exactly they found the remains or how they knew where to look.

http://news14.com/content/headlines/587185/remains-identified-as-missing-teen/Default.aspx

Fayetteville police used DNA testing to identify the remains of a teen who's been missing for two years.

Pamela Waldher's remains were recently found on the reservation of Fort Bragg.

Waldher, 16, had been classified as a missing person but her case is now a death investigation. She was reported missing Jan. 23, 2005 from her home on Glen Canyon Drive. Several days later, her book bag and coat were found on Fort Bragg.

Police are not yet saying where exactly they found the remains or how they knew where to look.

http://news14.com/content/headlines/587185/remains-identified-as-missing-teen/Default.aspx

How very sad. My thoughts and prayers to her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back