1182 users online (253 members and 929 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Man files suit against God??

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — The defendant in a state senator's lawsuit is accused of causing untold death and horror and threatening to cause more still. He can be sued in Douglas County, the legislator claims, because He's everywhere.
    State Sen. Ernie Chambers sued God last week. Angered by another lawsuit he considers frivolous, Chambers says he's trying to make the point that anybody can file a lawsuit against anybody.
    Chambers says in his lawsuit that God has made terroristic threats against the senator and his constituents, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."
    The Omaha senator, who skips morning prayers during the legislative session and often criticizes Christians, also says God has caused "fearsome floods ... horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornadoes."
    He's seeking a permanent injunction against the Almighty.
    http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0918/god_sued_ap.html

Some ppl are just effing stupid!
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

Ridiculous.

I'd be very careful if I were him.....

Cal

The stupidest part of this whole thing is Ernie Chambers is a state SENATOR! I mean he's out there in the public eye, and obviously doing this for media attention. He's uber obnoxious, and I, for one, can't WAIT until he's term-limited out of office. He makes my blood boil just thinking about him. Grrr.

There's already a discussion going on about this here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53599

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Can you say FRIVELOUS

Good luck serving the subpoena.

Maybe he can just throw it in the air and argue that since God is omniscient, He must have read it.

The purpose of this lawsuit was to call attention to frivolous lawsuits. It's like suing Santa Claus. What the imbicile didn't anticipate was the use of the word "God" triggered peoples' hot button.

Well I posted this in the other thread about this. Someone asked about him suing the Devil also. I said the Devil will probably be brought in as a co-conspirator...God could say in his defense "the Devil made him do it".

Sueing God aint PC he should sue allah too.

Now that I think about it...God's not the guilty party! It's Eve!! It's all her fault! Everything was all good until she screwed up.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by aj1020 View Post
    The stupidest part of this whole thing is Ernie Chambers is a state SENATOR! I mean he's out there in the public eye, and obviously doing this for media attention. He's uber obnoxious, and I, for one, can't WAIT until he's term-limited out of office. He makes my blood boil just thinking about him. Grrr.
    You must be a Nebraskan...LOL Ernie is about 5 bricks short of a load...and I personally feel he is the soul purpose the term limits statue passed. All I can say is Gooden ba!

I'd like to see the proof of service.
    http://websleuths.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18587&dateline=122036  8386

I wonder how long he's going to be a state senator after this. I wouldn't reelect him. In fact, I'd be on the committee trying to recall his sorry arse.

Somebody should BAKER ACT him!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast