Man files suit against God??

georgiagirl

Opinionated Southern Belle
Reaction score
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — The defendant in a state senator's lawsuit is accused of causing untold death and horror and threatening to cause more still. He can be sued in Douglas County, the legislator claims, because He's everywhere.
State Sen. Ernie Chambers sued God last week. Angered by another lawsuit he considers frivolous, Chambers says he's trying to make the point that anybody can file a lawsuit against anybody.
Chambers says in his lawsuit that God has made terroristic threats against the senator and his constituents, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."
The Omaha senator, who skips morning prayers during the legislative session and often criticizes Christians, also says God has caused "fearsome floods ... horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornadoes."
He's seeking a permanent injunction against the Almighty.
http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0918/god_sued_ap.html

Some ppl are just effing stupid! :loser:
<!--story middle ad-->

The stupidest part of this whole thing is Ernie Chambers is a state SENATOR! I mean he's out there in the public eye, and obviously doing this for media attention. He's uber obnoxious, and I, for one, can't WAIT until he's term-limited out of office. He makes my blood boil just thinking about him. Grrr.:sick:

Good luck serving the subpoena.

Maybe he can just throw it in the air and argue that since God is omniscient, He must have read it.

The purpose of this lawsuit was to call attention to frivolous lawsuits. It's like suing Santa Claus. What the imbicile didn't anticipate was the use of the word "God" triggered peoples' hot button.

Well I posted this in the other thread about this. Someone asked about him suing the Devil also. I said the Devil will probably be brought in as a co-conspirator...God could say in his defense "the Devil made him do it". :D

Now that I think about it...God's not the guilty party! It's Eve!! It's all her fault! Everything was all good until she screwed up.

The stupidest part of this whole thing is Ernie Chambers is a state SENATOR! I mean he's out there in the public eye, and obviously doing this for media attention. He's uber obnoxious, and I, for one, can't WAIT until he's term-limited out of office. He makes my blood boil just thinking about him. Grrr.:sick:

You must be a Nebraskan...LOL Ernie is about 5 bricks short of a load...and I personally feel he is the soul purpose the term limits statue passed. All I can say is Gooden ba!

I wonder how long he's going to be a state senator after this. I wouldn't reelect him. In fact, I'd be on the committee trying to recall his sorry arse.

This guy is so stupid !

I would watch who I'm bring law suits against

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail