Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    I don't know why he would use the same writing style for 2 notes, but then use a different style for another
    He wouldn't! People don't think about those strokes when they are writing because those habits are formed early. They become very much a part of their "personality" in handwriting.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I wonder if there could be a reason for why his handwriting is kinda messy. He could have had a problem with one of his hands and it could have caused him to have messy writing

I'm also suprised that no-one has recognized his handwriting considering how distinct it looks

I don't see it as a problem at all with his hand. His writing is quite deliberate and not shaky in any way.

Here are a couple of very interesting articles from Nome, Alaska. The missing cases and the HIV articles bring up some questions concerning Lyle for me, as I have felt he was not only gay, but from Alaska.
    http://nortonsoundhealth.org/kaniqsi...KN59-Feb06.pdf
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    Here's two Photobucket accounts. One has crime scene photos and other has an autopsy photo:

Docwho3: http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/docwho3/lyle/
    cjpix2006: http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q65/cjpix2006/

Lyle's autopsy photo is in the 6th row of the cjpix2006 photo album
    The Docwho3 photo album is all Lyle stuff
    Just curious...do both of these links have postmortem and/or autopsy photos? (Wasn't sure if crime scene meant postmortem) Looking at those types of photos makes me uncomfortable...but I really want to see the notes you guys were talking about to compare the handwritings. Is it possible to link me straight to those?

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    Just curious...do both of these links have postmortem and/or autopsy photos? (Wasn't sure if crime scene meant postmortem) Looking at those types of photos makes me uncomfortable...but I really want to see the notes you guys were talking about to compare the handwritings. Is it possible to link me straight to those?
    The "SUICIDE" note:
    "For the Room":
    The last note:

Yes both links have postmortem photos- but very few

Now that I'm reading the residence address he put down, the way he put "Ave." looks like "Ae." or "Me."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

Seeing those magnified only brought home what I was telling you before.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I would say it was AVE. He runs things together like I mentioned before.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

What really bothers me now is the 3rd note. If the person at the desk saw him writing the first name/address...it means he wrote the note for the money left for the room (and can we say they are honest?) Who wrote the word..."Suicide"? And how do we find out if he was the one that actually wrote the name/address? If he didn't...then the same person from the office wrote the "for the room" note which changes things to look at the staff at the motel. Maybe he didn't write ANY of the notes. These are all assumptions.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

the pics in docwho3 album

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    The pics in my photobucket album have been cropped to delete gory unpleasant material. I have other pics but am not at liberty to release them to the public. Some of the pics are retouched by another person to make the man look more life like and to put more weight on him as it was thought he had recently lost weight and so people who knew him might more easily recognize him with some extraweight showing in his face. Those retouched images have the green leafy background and have words along the side saying who did the work on the pics and those pics look like a live person portrait from a studio.

The other images have been slightly altered by me as to contrast, gamma correction (Brightness) and size for greater picture clarity. This is why you see more than one copy of the same image in the album. It allows one to see details of the image under different lighting characteristics.

However the images of the notes in the album are at:
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...yle/room1c.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...yle/suicd1.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...yle/room1b.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...yle/regis3.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...yle/regis2.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...le/regis1c.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...le/regis1b.jpg
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...e/detlyle2.jpg

You did a great job, DocWho! However, there are problems with the notes which you and CCL brought to my attention. Thanks! I got all of my information from your saving them.

Altho...what if it wasn't his belt? What if he WAS waiting on someone and he finally showed up? Maybe he wasn't suicidal at all! Maybe the guy targeted this man? Our Lyle did not write all of the notes...and until they can prove it otherwise, I have to believe someone had to be in the room with him directly before his death. It would explain why the room was swept clean of his identity. Anything that our Lyle had on his person could have been taken by another.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

images and ideas

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    You did a great job, DocWho! However, there are problems with the notes which you and CCL brought to my attention. Thanks! I got all of my information from your saving them.

Altho...what if it wasn't his belt? What if he WAS waiting on someone and he finally showed up? Maybe he wasn't suicidal at all! Maybe the guy targeted this man? Our Lyle did not write all of the notes...and until they can prove it otherwise, I have to believe someone had to be in the room with him directly before his death. It would explain why the room was swept clean of his identity. Anything that our Lyle had on his person could have been taken by another.
    I have no problem with various theories of how he died but coldcase man wants to ID the man, whether he is a murder victim or a suicide. Once the ID is known other things should fall into place.

I will make this comment. I trust coldcaseman's conclusions about the case. The actual images of the scene and the dead person (not the retouched ones) all came from cold case man so they could be placed by me online where we might all see them to help in our WS investigation. Those not shown were deemed a bit too graphic and he did not wish to upset those viewing the images. I have not heard from cold case man in some time now but the case has not moved any on our end so I can understand that. Having said that, I still think that theorizing is good as long as, in the end, the man is ID'd.

I have been working on ID'ing the belt and buckle to see where it was sold. So far I have not had success.

Edited to add: You may note that on some pages you can see what looks like writing imprints showing on or through the paper. I was told that in some cases this is from the page being stored in a file over years next to other pages which resulted in ink transfer. In some cases the cause is not known. It could be evidence that Lyle wrote something else on a page that was on top of the paper we see in the picture. I just do not know.

In at least one instance there are fingerprints showing through from the back side of the page in the picture because it was stored against a page of prints copies, if I correctly remember what I was told about it.
    Last edited by docwho3; 09-22-2007 at 03:12 PM.

The notes....

Usually, when I am asked to fill out personal info like Lyle had to do at check-in, I'm in a hurry and I don't care if they can read it or not - I just quickly fill in the blanks. And, it's usually messy, I link letters that I normally wouldn't. Plus, he's leaving them a wrong address - I think he perhaps just changed his handwriting as part of his "cover."

For the Room - he's sitting in his room debating what he is going to do, decides he should leave money for the room, calmly writes the note. I think this note is probably true to his handwriting.

Suicide seems to be larger and bolder - just like the thought. I think he wrote this when he made his decision as a reinforcement to his brain.

Just my thoughts.

This link contains two PMs of "Lyle" (www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster229.htm) one of the photos is similar to the front facial shot but taken on a different angle and the other is a different profile shot

I don't know if I mentioned it, but in the articles I put in above...there was a story about how they have a group of dental students etc. which travel to villages in Alaska to take care of people where they live. Is it possible they could have information to lead us to Lyle's identity and have not been contacted? I think it would be worth a shot for LE to contact them.

Lisa~ I don't think it matters when it comes to certain aspects of our handwriting. There are characteristics which are present no matter how fast or slow we write. It depends on our brains.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV View Post
    The notes....

Usually, when I am asked to fill out personal info like Lyle had to do at check-in, I'm in a hurry and I don't care if they can read it or not - I just quickly fill in the blanks. And, it's usually messy, I link letters that I normally wouldn't. Plus, he's leaving them a wrong address - I think he perhaps just changed his handwriting as part of his "cover."

For the Room - he's sitting in his room debating what he is going to do, decides he should leave money for the room, calmly writes the note. I think this note is probably true to his handwriting.

Suicide seems to be larger and bolder - just like the thought. I think he wrote this when he made his decision as a reinforcement to his brain.

Just my thoughts.
    You are correct. He filled out the registration and the "for the room" note with his usual handwriting. I believe he wrote out "suicide" in formal block letters to see how it looked. It is like people who shoot themselves will fire two shots, one into the air, and one into themselves. They are getting their courage up, seeing how loud the shot will be, make sure everything is working, etc. You are going to kill yourself, so you write out what you are going to do, to see the word in print. Either that, or I had wondered if he had written a letter to family or friends informing them that he wouldn't be coming home, and he wanted to make sure he spelled suicide correctly. I don't support that theory as much now, as he would have written it in his usual handwriting. Plus, there was no indication that he had envelopes, stamps, and such. The finality of seeing the word in print makes more sense.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coldcaseman For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast