982 users online (150 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Welcome back CCM!!!

Hi and Welcome, ColdCaseMan! You are just the person to answer some of the nagging questions I have! Nice to meet you.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    Welcome back CCM!!!

DITTO!!!

Thanks all. I hadn't checked the site for awhile. I'll pop in more frequently to answer your questions if I can. I appreciate all your efforts.

a question

Forgive my asking if we have already covered this in the past:

Anyone notice anything about the buckle especially anything that could either be a scratch, a thread or an engraved L?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...le/buckle3.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...le/buckle2.jpg

Problem is I don't have another pic that shows the mark. Later images have the tine (can't remember the exact name for it at moment) covering that part of the buckle.

Before now I always assumed that if it was anything significant it would already have been looked into and that is probably still true. But if all else fails I sometimes resort to questioning the obvious.

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    I am not certain how it would hae gotten there but here is where it sits metal to metal.http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...e/blttip2b.jpg

wish I knew

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    I am not certain how it would hae gotten there but here is where it sits metal to metal.http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...e/blttip2b.jpg
    True but I can't be sure if the mark is caused by that metal on metal contact or if the mark was already there and was just hidden by by the tine.

Anyone finding similar marking on their own belt buckles?

Welcome back, coldcaseman. I'm glad you're here.

Just a couple things:

Update on fliers: thanks to everyone who sent stamps. The fliers were sent to Idaho, Montana, Alberta, British Columbia and Alaska tribes. CCM and I chatted via PM last night and he encourages the fliers. He says that anything we can do will help . Thanks again to those who pitched in.

About the "suicide" word written on the peice of paper: I believe Lyle left that as a sign for whoever found him, but realized that was absurd because whoever found him would realize it was a suicide without it being pointed out. So at that point I think he crumpled up the peice of paper and threw it away. I think he made the letters larger to catch the reader's attention which is why it looks different than the motel registration form.

I am glad the belt is being researched, I think it is worth trying to track down the origins.

Were his fingerprints distributed in Canada as well as throughout the U.S.?

British Columbia
    I live in BC, so which areas are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post

I live in BC, so which areas are you doing?
    Fliers have been mailed to all the recognized native tribes in British Columbia, which number about 100.

Quote Originally Posted by grievousangel View Post
    Yes, according to ccm the fingerprints were run through the FBI and RCMP with negative results.

Does anyone know how Canadians are taught to write the numbers one and seven? Is it similar to Europe where the sevens are crossed and the ones have a little flag?

Also, regarding the run together writing, maybe Lyle was left-handed.
    My eldest son and one of my brothers is left-handed and both tend toward that lazy style due to the way they hold their wrist.

Does anyone know how Canadians are taught to write the numbers one and seven? Is it similar to Europe where the sevens are crossed and the ones have a little flag?
    That's how I write my ones and sevens

Quote Originally Posted by grievousangel View Post
    Yes, they were run through the FBI, RCMP, and AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System). I ran them through AFIS on the chance that, even if Lyle had never been arrested or had his fingerprints on file, he might have committed a crime where fingerprints were located, but it was an unsolved crime. His fingerprints weren't in any of the systems.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast