Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Lyle did not have a chin implant.
    I figured that was impossible given his facial structure

Quote Originally Posted by cold case lady View Post
    just curious Gina M.A LOT OF WHAT webslueuths is all about is ability to at least take a glimpse of a dead person.Check out crime library crime spider or find a death.that will no doubt give a big glass of toughen up!My point being.It is hard to talk crime when people are on this site that we all have to tread on egg shell's around.BRING BACK THE CRIME SCENE PHOTO'S!
    CCL, I've been here for a long time, and Websleuths is about more than looking at post mortem photos. Most of the cases I'm interested in are missing persons cases. Not all of us are comfortable looking at graphic photos - I know I'm not the only one, and while I'm trying to get more used to it, it's still not my cup of tea. You're more than welcome to go look at them if you want - the links were posted earlier in the thread. I choose not to look at them. No need to walk on eggshells, but no need to be rude either.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gina_M For This Useful Post:

someone mentioned somethign about the belt earlier not being his.. I know my husband is shorter/heavier than the unidentified guy and wears a size 36.. So I'd imagine that size of pants would fall of the unidentified guy.. maybe...(??) but I guess the pants/belt could be someone elses ... but I looked back on the Doe page.. And I didnt see anything about underwear? (probably's been discussed, but I havent read everything (yet)

also I had a question.. Is there a really good shot of what his ears looked like?

Quote Originally Posted by Meyahna View Post
    Well I was just throwing an idea, and I think it is fairly possible. I'm not sure in what you can say looking at him that he is not Arabic as he looks Arabic as much as much as Hispanic or Native American. Cold case Lady who are you talking to about teeth and logic?
    Meyahna, I definately agree with you on this one. I think he could be Arabic. The wide jaw, his nose, his "unibrow", he could
    be Native American, Hispanic, Arabic, or otherIMO. As I said before, some of the Middle Eastern men listed on fbi.gov have all of the same characteristics and look very much like "Lyle."

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    No matter his heritage, I think we need to figure out how to get the poor man some sort of air time for his identity. I have sent the flyer out via e and snail mail but I don't think to much will come of it cause it's just one person and have yet to hear anything back or see it posted on the news. Maybe flooding the press would work ,but I dunno.

as i said on the previous thread,his heritage is in a way no indication of were he might be from.he could have been born outside of his native country.He could be any combination of different races,he could also be full blooded.

He could have very well been conceived and born out side of his native country.
    I emailed that possibility to Steve Shumate, who is the current detective on this case

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    this is in no way Lyle but goes to show he could be from any decent
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/wanted/boulachanis_e.htm

guessing heritage could be misleading as to place where he might be missing from and how to get his information out there

I always thought that Lyle could be of Greek descent

thank's outofthedark!I thought pointing the heritage issue might help every one see that he could be quite a mixture,or not.Unfortunately we don't know!

i thought that to.look at his nose!It's perfect,not like your typical Italian or greeks.I know not all of them have big noses,but that was why i did not think he was from there.But i suppose he could have a relative that passed on their perfect nose to him!

Al b.could you tell me were that guy is from? Obviously i don't mean heritage.Where was he living or last seen?

I think he broke his nose at one point in his life and it never healed properly because the bridge of his nose does not look normal and the bottom of his nose looks slightly off

This looks like Lyle's nose from an angle (it's not a photo of Lyle): http://www.tmdrfan.com/tmdr/cgi/imag...Wonders+Side+B

It's a photo of Thomas Dolby- who broke his nose at 14 and it didn't quite heal properly

you know that side view photo taken at the autopsy.it look's very different than the face on view.seems really normal side on.

Wink

I might as well throw my 2 cents in here I still believe he is a Native American and NOT Arabic. My reason for thinking this is the undertone of his skin. Most Arabic people are darker complected. If he was adopted or not has NOTHING to do with how he got where he was and why he killed himself. We do not know if his family has been looking for him. It's very possible they looked. However if they are people from the reservation they may not know how to go about searching on their own. There are many possibilities. There are lots of unidentified people and lots of people looking for their loved ones. We are NOT here to decide whether his family loved him, adopted him, or looked for him. We are here to try to help find out his true identity.

My goodness! The animosity on here has gotten so thick you can cut it with a knife! Bickering isn't helping to solve this mystery. If we can't stay on topic and not bash one another...a mod is going to come by and close this thread. I would recommend to new people...they read the TOS rules as they are very clear.

Finding Lyle's identity is the reason we are on this particular thread. Coldcaseman was good enough to come back to help us and he is greeted in the manner. Very disrespectful, WSers!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rmf View Post
    Please tell me you're joking
    Yes if we're talking about hanging. It makes me think I had always thought he had rented the room purposedely to commit suicide there but maybe not, to me it was like Mary Anderson, all was planned but yes maybe not. That would explain the toothpaste and toothbrush too.

I still have no clue where he is from to be honest, and with immigration as it is in North America there is really no point in guessing his lineage.
    I am no forensic psychologist so I couldn't tell you anything important about why he chose the things he did. ( I know of at least 5 different bloods in my own line)

The book may just be a fluke but who knows. I know Joyce Carol Oates taught at Windsor University before going to Princeton, I know she still guest lectures there to this day. I know she said her town was fake but there is a real one if you drop the port http://www.terahertztechnologies.com...c_oriskany.htm

I know having a canadian sounding accent doesn't make you from Canada. As I learned when I went to Wisconsin last year.

I know you can e-mail most news stations and papers ,but couldn't tell you if one person bugging him to air information is going to help or not.

I can tell you that when people are put in desperate situations they can and will lie as we have seen by the name and address. So he may have done so to his family,which may be why they aren't looking.

I know it's James Dean weekend here and there are about a million people from all over the world in my town and the one next to us so I will put flyers at the parks.

If any one has any other suggestions on how to get his information out there then lets hear it.

Race is important to me there are just thousands of people listed missing online if I can narrow down with race, I can tell you it really helps. But of course that is if you really want to find him and not just talk vainly.

I believe his race was listed and gave possibles,but picking apart his lineage just seems a bit much,especially since we can't be sure.There are pages with the debate listed. Sorry if that's too vain. But I don't think it's an issue of my vainity. It's an issue of what are we willing to do to get his info out there.

newspaper links http://www.50states.com/news/
    the assoicated press http://www.ap.org/

Why is this thread so catty? We need to get back on task here.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

don't know if this helps any but it's possible that he wasn't the first in his family to commit suicide. I know from experience from my ex husband that it can run in families (his father,his brother and my ex are all suicides)
    http://www.healthyplace.com/Communit...suicide_13.asp
    http://www.genomenewsnetwork.org/art...ide_gene.shtml

which could be why he went off to do this.
    Last edited by Al_B; 09-28-2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: comment

Quote Originally Posted by Meyahna View Post
    Race is important to me there are just thousands of people listed missing online if I can narrow down with race, I can tell you it really helps.
    I've found that when I search missing person websites, that I don't automaticaly exclude a person because some of the description doesn't match. When a person goes missing, a loved one reports that to the authorities. People tend to guess about parts of the description, and some agencies may not run a drivers check to confirm the description (and those are oftentimes wrong). Just for fun, call your spouse or family member and ask them to describe you. People from different cultures may describe a person differently. I found that Hispanics with brown hair are often listed as blond. A person of mixed race may only be listed as one. The family might not know that the missing person has a tattoo, or they'll say the tattoo is on the right arm when it's actually on the left. Don't be too quick to exclude.

It's a good thing we are not counting on Gill Grissom then!
    CCM.can't you use blood samples to get some kind a genetic markers that in some way help to determine race?

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast