Case Against The Mccanns Is Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

poco

Reaction score
PORTUGUESE police last night mounted a robust defence of their investigation against the McCanns and insisted: our case is strong.

Police sources hit out after it was suggested their case against the couple was close to collapse after a judge rejected their application to bring the McCanns back to Portugal for questioning.

And they made it clear that they are determined to continue to build a case against the couple which they believe will lead to a successful prosecution.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/19494/-Our-case-against-the-McCanns-is-strong-

Either
a) they know a heck of alot more than we think they know, or
b) they are pulling a Mark Geragos

firstly the article quotes "sources "from police ie nobody official no statement that we can rely on

the only quote is to some local newspaper - ie whatever

just another tabloid rag making news --

Don't get it: Our case is strong but "will continue to build a case against the couple"? :confused:

Is this paper a rag???????????????

Is this paper a rag???????????????

the express , the sun , mirror are all tabloids - they will print what they can get away with purely to sell copies . They on the whole will make things up . If I ever see from a tabloid quotes like " sources " say. I know it is probably BS

They do sometimes hit a story - but please do not believe everything you read in the UK Tabloid press

the express , the sun , mirror are all tabloids - they will print what they can get away with purely to sell copies . They on the whole will make things up . If I ever see from a tabloid quotes like " sources " say. I know it is probably BS

They do sometimes hit a story - but please do not believe everything you read in the UK Tabloid press

what's the olde saying?...choosing between The Sun, The Mirror or The Express is like choosing between scurvy, malaria or yellow jaundice? ...summet like that, anyways.

If the case against the McCanns was strong, the McCanns would be back in Portugal, locked up.

IMO the longer the "investigation" goes on, the more people are questioning the competence of Portugese LE. The McCanns are official suspects, but now what?

Okay okay, sorry all for posting the headlines from a TABLOID - I have no idea what the foreign papers are. I was hoping the PJ were onto something. NOT that I want the McCann's to be guilty, I just want to KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MADDIE!!!!!

Don't get it: Our case is strong but "will continue to build a case against the couple"? :confused:

Sure you can have a strong case and keep investigating. A strong case won't necessarily result in a conviction. An airtight case normally will. Apparently they have a strong case and are continuing the investigation to make it stronger thereby making it less likely the accused will walk. LE doesn't just stop investigating once they have a strong case. They stop investigating when there is no longer anything more to investigate... which is how it should be.

McCanns welcome police decision

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7004081.stm

The parents of Madeleine McCann are "very encouraged" that Portuguese police are not currently seeking to reinterview them, their spokesman said.
Kate and Gerry McCann have also learned that other lines of inquiry are not being ruled out by detectives.

The attorney general office's disclosure came after a judge examined a 1,000-page police dossier, including evidence involving Madeleine's parents.

I think they will be reinterviewed.Just as soon as the resulths come back from that second apartment they searched and also the results from the church/church grounds.Also that other area That I just can't remember what it is called.

Notice how quite it got about those searches and findings?Hopefully the PJ LE have finally decided not to leak that stuff so there cannot be a spin put on it.So I am thinking in the next couple of weeks (3 or 4) we should be hearing more about those searches.

Who knows maybe those results will prove the McCanns are innocent.

I still can't help but feel they are guilty and that they will get off on every thing and that we will never know what happened to Madeleine :(

I used to dismiss tabloids as unimportant, too. But that was before the Laci Peterson case, when I learned an important lesson: don't dismiss the tabloids.

Since tabloids often "pay" for news from their sources, they often get people to come to them who wouldn't visit the mainstream press. Also, because they protect their sources really well so they can go back to them in the future, they often hit a goldmine of information that the mainstream press will ignore. During the Peterson case, the tabloids were correct down the line, and were first with the breaking news.

So believe me, just because something is in a newspaper which might have a reputation as a tabloid, that doesn't mean they can't stumble over the truth as well as any other form of journalism. TV reporters read the tabloids for leads, I promise you.

McCanns welcome police decision

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7004081.stm

The parents of Madeleine McCann are "very encouraged" that Portuguese police are not currently seeking to reinterview them, their spokesman said.
Kate and Gerry McCann have also learned that other lines of inquiry are not being ruled out by detectives.

The attorney general office's disclosure came after a judge examined a 1,000-page police dossier, including evidence involving Madeleine's parents.

If the rumors that there are several questions that Mrs. McCann cannot or will not answer, I don't see what good rehashing the other stuff will do. She needs to open her life like a book and it the entire thing transparent.

ThoughtFox, you are so right. I was amazed at how the tabloids had the scoop so many times in the Laci Peterson case and it was factual.

Jeana,
I agree, Kate needs to be completely open with the police. The fact that she has not answered some of their questions really bothers me.

I'm still on the fence but wondering.

If the rumors that there are several questions that Mrs. McCann cannot or will not answer, I don't see what good rehashing the other stuff will do. She needs to open her life like a book and it the entire thing transparent.

My opinion is that people who refuse to answer questions have something to hide. If you have something to hide concerning a crime involving your child, it makes you a suspect.

I don't understand how reasonably intelligent people don't understand this. Or maybe they just refuse to.

I don't understand how reasonably intelligent people don't understand this. Or maybe they just refuse to.

Well I'm not sure what people you're talking about, but if its other posters, let's just not discuss them, ok?

Well I'm not sure what people you're talking about, but if its other posters, let's just not discuss them, ok?

I'm talking about the McCanns and their arrogance in thinking they can fool everyone, not anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong