772 users online (84 members and 688 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MI - Coral Hall, 14, Flint, 22 Sept 1998 - *L. Janish guilty*

Coral Pearl Hall
    Missing since September 22, 1998 from Flint, Michigan
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 21, 1984
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11" (150 cm); 85 lbs (39 kg)
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
    Marks, Scars: She has a scar on the lower part of her neck.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Coral Hall was last seen on September 22, 1998.
    She may be in the company of an adult male in the Los Angeles, California area.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Flint Police Department
    810-766-7036

Source Information:
    National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
    The Doe Network: Case File 1868DFMI

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1868dfmi.html
    Last edited by Kimster; 10-16-2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: featured cold case from 10/2/2011 to 10/9/2011

She was listed on NCMEC, then disappeared for several years -- I thought she'd been recovered. I guess not. She was relisted just recently. NCMEC is very weird sometimes, the way they keep pulling open cases, then putting them back up again.

Has she been ruled out as the Jane Doe who jumped/was thrown out of the car in Arizona? Is the AZ Doe too tall?

I am a Flint (Mi.) Journal reporter trying to locate anyone with information about this case.
    (810) 766-6317

Here is Mr. Fonger's article:

rfonger@flintjournal.com 810.766.6317

http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjourn...660.xml&coll=5

13 March 08

She was barely 14 when Coral P. Hall made a desperate call from the pay phone at Ann Arbor and West Court streets near the White Horse Tavern.

There was trouble at home, Hall told her friend Melissa Pierce, and she needed to get out of Flint.

Almost 10 years later, Pierce still remembers that unnerving late-night call to her home in Michigan's Thumb and how by the time her boyfriend and uncle made the long drive to Flint, Hall had vanished into the night.

"They couldn't find her," Pierce said. "They looked around, they drove down streets looking for her, and they couldn't find her."

Years after friends grew frustrated at the lack of progress in solving Hall's disappearance, Flint police are taking a fresh look at her case, assigning it to the city's Violent Crime Task Force.

much, much more at link (may need to enter a postal code to access)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hall_coral.html

This girl could be anywhere in the country, or maybe even in Canada or Mexico. She could be a housewife, a prostitute, a college student, anybody.

Whatever became of her, I hope she's happy. I hope she will get in touch with her loved ones. I hope she's not dead.

I live in flint and the area she made the call from is not a good area at all. Knowing the area I do not believe she made it out of Flint.

Coral Pearl Hall- possible?

Just saw Christines post about starting new threads about possible matches. I know Coral Hall has been mentioned a lot and wasn't ever on the Maricopa ME lists of people being investigated/ruled out as being MJD. Has she been submitted by anyone yet?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hall_coral.html

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1868dfmi.html

and 2 articles from local paper in Flint MI- from March and April 08.
    http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/n...e_fresh_l.html
    http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/n...ll_missin.html

I remember we found the name/phone number for the Michigan detective who was in charge of Coral Halls case, but can't remember if anyone contacted him or the Maricopa ME about her.

Personally I don't think she is MJD- she was only about 4'11" and 85 lbs when she disappeared in Sept 98, and it seems like she has a scar on her neck and also sort of prominent ears but I know other people did think she was a match so thought I would start a thread.
    Last edited by lorelei; 08-17-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: posted before finishing sentence...

Age and height are way off Coral would have been 29 years old in 1999 MJD was between 13-17 in 1999 and she is also way too short to be MJD

Coral would not have been 29; her DOB is 09/21/1984. The year she went missing she was only 15 and that was in 1998.

I was born in 1980 and I'll be 28 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vask View Post
    Coral would not have been 29; her DOB is 09/21/1984. The year she went missing she was only 15 and that was in 1998.

I was born in 1980 and I'll be 28 this year.

Opps You are correct about the age LOL The height is still too far off though.

LOL I read that and I looked like this ->

I dunno. The post-morgue pictures don't seem to match the photos of Coral. Then again, the one missing child I was most convinced was a match (Michaela Garecht) came up as being a non-match.

If anyone needs any help with the geography of the area, I have lived in Flint most of my life. At one point I lived so close to the White Horse that I could have spit and hit the parking lot.

I will agree with the other poster that says she probably never made it out of the area. If she did, she might have made it as far as Detroit. But I doubt she made it much father than that.

Here's what I know about the area:
    1. It is very close to downtown Flint...even in the late 90's, not a good area. Not somewhere you want to hang around after dark.
    2. Very close to several dark secluded places including bridge overpasses and close to the Flint River, which was giving up about a body a week there for a while.
    3. The White Horse is also very close to Hurley Medical Center, which might have helped her if she had made it there. I know in the late 90's, you could hang out there forever, nap in the waiting room, eat from the vending machines and basically live there without being asked a lot of questions. You could also get a ride to almost anywhere in the county and maybe even the state. Hurley was the only Level I trauma center close by for quite a while and might still be. At the time, they brought in injured from all over the state, if you had a good enough story, you could get a ride out to almost anywhere.
    4. Unfortunately, the area is also very close to a large Community Mental Helath Center, and a large psychiatric center, as well as the bus station. the bus station has been cleaned up a lot now, but at the time, no, you didn't want to hang out there unless you were a drug dealer, hooker, or crazy enough that no one would mess with you.
    5. Very close to large freeways. If she managed to make it to the freeway and not get picked up by a crazy, she might have made it out. But she might not have headed to the closest freeways because it means walking very near the police station and that might have scared her off in the other direction.

There's more, but this is turning into a book already.

I was wondering if anyone, maybe the reporter that was here, might know if the grounds of the School for the Deaf were searched for her? Seems like a good bet as a place to run since she was so close (within a quarter mile) and I think some of the smaller buildings on the campus were abandoned in 1998. I'm not certain about that, but I think so.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast