Is anyone else as confused as I am??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjak

Reaction score
:waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

My head is spinning from trying to decide if I think the Mccanns are
guilty or innocent. I do lean heavily towards guilty but then there is that what if. Here is my list of why I think they could be guilty or innocent. I will start with the innocent list first cause that is the shortest.

Innocent

-The time allotment from when Maddie was last seen to her being missing is very short. Hard to imagine if this time line is correct how her parents could have accidently killed her and covered it up and composed themselves.

- the group of friends are standing by the Mccanns and I can not believe all of them could be involved or liars.

- The horror of what is pruopsed to have happened is beyond what I can believe any parents could do

- Guilty

-Kate Mccanns statement "They have taken her"
-inconcistencies in the timeline from the whole group
-an unbelievable chidcare arrangment
-inconsistances about doors being opened or not
-cuddlecat
-upstairs neigbors input
-The most bizzare and offense missing child campaign thing I have ever seen
-travel by parents
-insistance on abduction theory
-lack of searching by parents
-parents flea Portugal after saying they would not leave with out maddie once they are named suspects
- forensic evidence
- and maybe most upsetting to me right now is now they come out with a new campagin with all this money to show more pictures of Maddie. Not to search. Not to invistigate, I wouldn't even care if they said they choose to hire psychics or seers or water dousers or a ouji board consultation.... JUST SEARCH!!!

okay the guilty list is far longer then the innocent and I know I have left things off but then why does my head keep spinning and i keep thinking maybe innocent..... What is on your lists?

mjak

mjak I am .. but I am leaning to not guilty. My husband keeps asking me if they did it. Like I know! I keep saying no and he thinks they did but I go with my gut.
I do think they lied but not for the reasons to cover a murder accidently or otherwise. I think they lied, or they risk losing what children they had left because they would be taken from them. I ask myself if I had left my children alone in a foreign country (no I wouldn't) to party with my pals and one turned up missing... would I lie? I am afraid I would.
I still think it was a stranger abduction. I know I am the minority.

I am angered by all the headlines pro/con. It's to where I don't even know the facts anymore because there is so much b.s. out there.

So I'm on the innocent until proven guilty side for now.

A few weeks ago I was absolutely certain the McCanns were guilty, but with each passing day (and event) I'm not so sure.

However, that said, I still think they're not the best parents, that they're publicity hounds, and that they have not participated in searches or reacted as most parents of a missing child would do.

I would love to hear statements from friends, especially those present at the infamous dinner party, and from co-workers.

What I find VERY, very telling is that the McCann's are totally endorsing the evidence in the trunk/boot, by attempting to explain it away. If the evidence were made up, they wouldn't bother to explain. Very telling...

I really do not want to believe the parents did it, I mean it is horrible!

BUT the cadaver dogs hitting the car is a HUGE sign to me of their involvement.

BUT I am ALL ears for other theories and leads.

You know how it appears to me?

You know the Eye of Sauron in Lord of the Rings?

sauron.jpg

Remember how it always turned toward the ring?

Ring.jpg

To me, it feels like whenever the eye turns the McCanns throw the ring.....

mjak ... I am just as confused. I make my list and still am torn from side to side. It's all just so heart-wrenching. Nothing is impossible, but yet things seem inconceivable. I just wish they would find Maddie. My heart aches for her, and I can't get her off my mind.

I am angered by all the headlines pro/con. It's to where I don't even know the facts anymore because there is so much b.s. out there.

So I'm on the innocent until proven guilty side for now.

That's where I am TaxiMom. It's all just a jumble of crap. Until I see/hear more facts, I'm in the parent's camp.

:waitasec: Innocent until proven guilty. I've not studied up much on this case, but yet all that I have read has just confused me even further.

I sincerely hope the parents had absolutely nothing at all to do with this. I recall all the horrible things which were said about Elizabeth Smart's parents when she disappeared, too. Remember? Really horrible things said about her poor Father. Then Elizabeth turned up, everyone rejoiced and I couldn't help but think how quickly so many had accused the parents and/or that other man (can't think of his name right off-hand).

ANYHOW...until and unless something shows up which proves the McCann's did something to their child, I stand on the fence...

I'm a totally not guilty on the end of the McCanns being behind Madeleine's disappearance. As a mother I'm sure they're guilty of allowing the opportunity. After getting past that and you have to if you want to get to the truth of what may have happened to Madeleine which is the main focus. I came into the case with the presumption the parents were responsible in much the same way that Laci's case grabbed me. The National Enquirer proved themselves over and over again with accuracy in Laci's case. In Madeleine's the reports worldwide are even worse than Natalie Halloway's case.

Briefly I'll tell ya I've seen rumors that started on message boards morphed into headlines that turned into facts reported, so-called evidence gathered that was reported after being refuted in our media by our experts as not possible from those reports that evidence then changed by the next day.

I know parents are often responsible so I don't have any hurdles there and can even understand why some would think the McCanns would cover up an accident and why. I also see the McCanns side though and the suspicions against them that have been created without a basis of facts. I completely understand why they fight the way they do and it's a shame they have to when they really want to believe Madeleine is alive and want to find her.

I tend to lean towards the McCanns being guilty, of harming Madelaine whether accidently or purposely, my reason being there are way to many inconsistences than fact, but in saying that I know we do not know what the P LE do, and do not know what evidence is in the hands of the prosecutor. A parent who is not guilty would not lie or not answer question asked by the Le if they had nothing to hide.

Not Guilty. I have thought that since day one. And nothing I have yet seen or heard since then has changed my mind.

Especially now we know the PLE were responsible for many of the damageing leaks which were continually being fed to the press. The PLE abused their own secrecy laws, and in doing that, the McCann's.

I don't look at it as the PLE abusing their own laws, I see it as trying to psychologically put pressure on the McCanns.

In the US, LE does it all the time when they hold a press conference and claim they have new evidence about a case that will help track a suspect down. It's a way of making the perps sweat and wonder what they did wrong at the crimescene and if/when they're going to get caught.

I don't feel that confused, but that's because I assumed this case was a kidnapping until now.

I gave the parents the benefit of the doubt and never suspected them until I saw the latest details for the past few weeks.

I've read and seen enough to have an opinion that the parents are suspicious - especially that Blog the father wrote, and thanks to Calikid for taking the time to copy it all here so some of us can catch up.

Everyone should read and think about the Blog because the tone is so flat and unemotional, and filled with details like a Christmas letter or a business report.

I know everyone deals with grief in their own way, and they can't stay upset all the time, but look at the early blogs and how humdrum they are, and think about what was happening in the timeline.

No, I'm not confused.

mjak I am .. but I am leaning to not guilty. My husband keeps asking me if they did it. Like I know! I keep saying no and he thinks they did but I go with my gut.
I do think they lied but not for the reasons to cover a murder accidently or otherwise. I think they lied, or they risk losing what children they had left because they would be taken from them. I ask myself if I had left my children alone in a foreign country (no I wouldn't) to party with my pals and one turned up missing... would I lie? I am afraid I would.
I still think it was a stranger abduction. I know I am the minority.

Hi JDee, something in your post stood out at me. First off, I am on the fence, somedays my legs are swinging toward one side, some days the other. But since we have no reliable facts with regard to physical evidence, I'm trying to "get into the minds" of the parents. My first reaction to all of is was "Of course they had nothing to do with this--no parent would be able to compose themselves so quickly and convincingly, and remain that way all these months..."

Then I started to really think. The McCanns are obviously professional people who, before all this started, were respected by the people they knew, and it seems they know some pretty important individuals. They wanted children, and so made it happen. They lived well, nice house, were able to go on vacation with several of their friends--not mind blowing things, but sometimes just these simple things are important.

For instance, perhaps earlier in the week, as they left their children alone in the room and checked on them periodically, perhaps one of their friends mentioned to them "Gee, I'm not sure leaving the kids alone is such a good idea--what if something happens?" And perhaps the McCanns replied, "Nah, they'll be fine, they're sleeping, we're checking on them, it's all good, please pass the wine..."

Then the unthinkable happens. Gerry goes to check on the kids and finds Maddie unconscious on the floor; perhaps she has fallen, trying to reach her cuddle cat which is on the shelf. Perhaps she got into a bottle of pills or other medicine. (Years ago, my mom's friend lost her toddler son when he ate her tube of preparation H....things happen...) Anyway, Gerry finds Maddie non-responsive, he tries to revive her, but she's gone. Panic!

Now, what does he do? Does he alert everyone, call an ambulance, knowing that there's nothing that can be done for Maddie, also knowing that, in doing so, the police will be called and he and Kate will be taken in for child endangerment, because they left her alone?? Openly admit that, even though they were warned something could happen, they chose to leave their children alone and will have to pay the consequences (even more than facing Maddie's death).

In shock, he says nothing. He carries her to the car, says a sweet prayer, asks for her forgiveness, and goes back to the table. He can't bear to tell Kate, he needs to think. What to do, what to do.

Before he gets a chance to figure it all out, Kate goes to check on the children and finds Maddie gone. She's in true panic mode! She runs back to the restaurant and says something. We don't know the exact words, so I won't get into that. But suddenly the friends and management and other guests--everyone is going out to find Maddie. The police are called, as well as others.

As Gerry and Kate are walking, searching for Maddie, Gerry confesses to Kate what happened. She breaks down. Others think she is grieving for her missing little girl; her grief is genuine, but not because Maddie is missing. Her first instinct is to tell the truth. Gerry stops her--how can they face everyone? They--who everyone likes and respects--will become outcasts, criminals, with no sympathy coming from anyone. They will have lost everything, their social status, their friends, their family will be so disappointed in their poor judgement, and potentially they will lose their careers, their other children, and quite possibly their freedom. Would Maddie want her parents to suffer so? No, she wouldn't. Gerry tells her we must shift the blame somewhere else, or else our worlds are at an end.

They pray to God, they pray to Maddie, they beg for His forgiveness and her forgiveness. They promise they will be better parents from now on. They promise to pledge their lives to finding lost children all over the world. They will start a campaign to do so, and raise money and awareness. Yes, they will use Maddie to do this, but in doing so, it makes her live on, for she will be helping others. It's what she would want them to do, they convince themselves.

As each day passes, they are torn with guilt, but they know that they can never--EVER--break their silence, or they will be hated throughout the world. And for these people, that may be worse than anything.

Just some thoughts.

If I were missing a child, I would not stop searching and I would hire to the best of my ability a search team to do a grid search. Some of that fund money could have brought in EquuSearch (sp?).

ThoughtFox: you have put into words what I have been wondering; that it was an accident born out of neglect. I have no doubt that if it was, the parents are remorseful. Yet they cannot retract as they have gone too far. Reminds me of the story Susan Smith told of the abduction of her boys. I wish that sheriff could talk to the McCanns. I'd like to hear his take on all of this.

Hi JDee, something in your post stood out at me. First off, I am on the fence, somedays my legs are swinging toward one side, some days the other. But since we have no reliable facts with regard to physical evidence, I'm trying to "get into the minds" of the parents. My first reaction to all of is was "Of course they had nothing to do with this--no parent would be able to compose themselves so quickly and convincingly, and remain that way all these months..."

~snip~

As each day passes, they are torn with guilt, but they know that they can never--EVER--break their silence, or they will be hated throughout the world. And for these people, that may be worse than anything.

Just some thoughts.

Awesome post Betsy....you should add it to theories...it is worth saving!

Betsy, Great post and I agree that could have happened. I have a question, what car would Gerry have put Madeleine into? They did not rent the Renault until 25 days after she went missing? Was there another car available to them?

Good theory Betsy and you may be right. The thing is none of us know for sure what happened that night. Perhaps the McCann's do know, or their friends know, or Robert Murat, or that Russian guy, or the LE know..OR perhaps... it is someone that none of us have even looked at....Yet. I have this vision of a person out there taking this all in and laughing at us and it is not the McCann's or anyone else that has been looked at.. yet. I have no great theory here like yours of how this whole ugly thing played out. I just think these were selfish parents who turned their heads and their minds elsewhere and in that moment someone just walked in and breezed little Madeleine away.
From that moment to this I think the McCann's lied out of fear but not out of malice from murdering their child. My one fear here is none of us will ever know and this story will never have an end and in 10 years we will all still be here hashing it out like poor little JBR. But then it will MM. How sad is it to be so known that you can type initials and we all know who we are talking about? Poor little Madeleine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea