1180 users online (220 members and 960 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    128

    TX - Dawnia Nolan Howard, 28, San Antonio, 14 Dec 1985

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...rd_dawnia.html

    "Dawnia was last seen in San Antonio, Texas on December 14, 1985. She has never been heard from again. Her husband, Richard Clinton Howard, reportedly stated he believed Dawnia was on a trip to see her sister in Europe when she disappeared. However, Dawnia's sister was not in Europe at the time.
    Richard was charged with Dawnia's murder, but the charge was dropped for lack of evidence. He married again in 1986 and in 1999, his second wife disappeared. Authorities suspected Richard was involved in her case as well. Richard lead police to his second wife's body in 2003. He was sentenced to life in prison for her murder. Dawnia has never been located. Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved. "


    Ive always wondered about this one after looking through missing persons cases and wondered if it wasnt given up on by LE to find her because the man she was married to at the time is in prison now for killing his second wife.

    I cannot seem to find hardly anything on this one. I think even though shes most likely deceased and her "husband" is in jail - she still needs to be found and given her name back which is why ive posted it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fall River, MA
    Posts
    256
    Today, November 14, 2007, marks the 22nd anniversary of Dawnia's disappearance. Please contact the Texas Department of Public Safety
    at 800-346-3243 if you have any information regarding her disappearance.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    Dawnia would have been 56 years old this month. She is still missed by her family. We have received no new news on her case in years but still hope to bring her home one day. If anyone has anything new or simply something that was not stated at her time of disappearance, please contact the San Antonio police dept.
    Our prayers are with all the families with relatives or friends still listed on this site.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,736

    Dawnia's NamUs entry

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8547/2



    No DNA or dental records are available, according to NamUs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanwaltz View Post
    Dawnia would have been 56 years old this month. She is still missed by her family. We have received no new news on her case in years but still hope to bring her home one day. If anyone has anything new or simply something that was not stated at her time of disappearance, please contact the San Antonio police dept.
    Our prayers are with all the families with relatives or friends still listed on this site.
    Kanwaltz, Do you know if the family has/can submit DNA for the NamUs database? If you need information/assistance, you or I can flag one of the expert moderators on this forum for directions to the process details for you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,991
    This petite woman was found deceased in Galveston on May 31, 1986, estimated death 1-2 months. I see a resemblance with Dawnia, but question the teeth. No DNA available for this UID, but dentals are entered. Circumstances are questionable, but women are known to try to escape abusive husbands...just putting it out there for your comments.

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4242

    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Un...n=Unidentified Person
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,991
    I was wondering if Dawnia was ever compared to Janet Doe found in Sept of 1991 outside of Houston . The UID was thought to be 5'1",115 lbs, and between 24 and 34 years old.

    https://identifyus.org/cases/3896
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  8. #8
    I am Dawnias. Son. I will submit anything needed, just let me know how to do it. Also if there are any possible matches to my mother I happen to know a couple things about her dental records. Please feel free to email or call me. Email is sierravic73@hotmail.com phone is 4097793531. Text is best. All contact needs to have Dawnia Jo. In the subject line please so I know to open it. I will answer all contacts. Thank you.

  9. #9
    Her husband has been paroled.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,991
    sierraviv73, I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. I have forwarded your contact information to Michael Nance of NamUs so he can assist you with submitting your DNA.
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13


  11. #11

    Anything else needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Alpha View Post
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...rd_dawnia.html

    "Dawnia was last seen in San Antonio, Texas on December 14, 1985. She has never been heard from again. Her husband, Richard Clinton Howard, reportedly stated he believed Dawnia was on a trip to see her sister in Europe when she disappeared. However, Dawnia's sister was not in Europe at the time.
    Richard was charged with Dawnia's murder, but the charge was dropped for lack of evidence. He married again in 1986 and in 1999, his second wife disappeared. Authorities suspected Richard was involved in her case as well. Richard lead police to his second wife's body in 2003. He was sentenced to life in prison for her murder. Dawnia has never been located. Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved. "


    Ive always wondered about this one after looking through missing persons cases and wondered if it wasnt given up on by LE to find her because the man she was married to at the time is in prison now for killing his second wife.

    I cannot seem to find hardly anything on this one. I think even though shes most likely deceased and her "husband" is in jail - she still needs to be found and given her name back which is why ive posted it.
    I am Dawnia's son. Just to make a point I wanted to announce that she has not been given up on. I live with this tragic story every day of my life, and I have been doing so for over 30 years now. If there is anybody with any new information on this and they may be possibly worried about taking it to the local police then please, by all means contact me. I am in touch with the right folks on this and I will make sure the information is kept in confidence and used in the correct manner with no risk to the informant. If you have anything at all please message me. Put yourself in my shoes for a moment, imagine living with this every minute of every day as I have. Please do the right thing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,537
    Prayers.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  13. #13

    Im Dawnias son

    Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8547/2



    No DNA or dental records are available, according to NamUs.
    I have offered DNA and nobody has ever followed through. Shame on the DA in San Antonio for sweeping this under the rug again.

  14. #14
    should be looking for an unfinished root canal for starters. hope this might help. Shawn Volkmann

  15. #15
    And to this day nobody has given me anything. Its no wonder I have such a bitter life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. KY KY - Georgia Nolan, 30, Harlan, 28 Nov 1976
    By Hollow in forum 1970's Missing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-10-2017, 11:06 AM
  2. TX Thomas Howard Pulaski (18) - Houston TX, 1985
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 01:27 AM

Tags for this Thread