911 users online (164 members and 747 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

was madeleine EVER there?

Hello everyone - this is my first post so please be gentle with me

This has been playing on my mind ever since the Madeleine story broke here in the UK.

During a general chat along the lines of where is that poor little girl.....it must be terrible for the parents....Blah...Blah.... my usually very trusting sister threw this in "do we actualy really know if Madeleine was ever in Portugal? - was she ever there atall?"

At the time I dismissed it as the ramblings of a sleep deprived mother....but It keeps creeping back

Apart from the one photo that was alleged to have been taken the day before the abduction......I am not aware of anyone talking of having any contact with this child in Portugal

Does anyone have any thoughts?

It's great to see past the spin and speculation of the media ~~~I like it here!
    There Lies The Truth.........

Madeleine was at the creche every day, so I'm sure she was there. There were plenty of people to attest to her presence, aside from her family and their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by amelia finds View Post

This has been playing on my mind ever since the Madeleine story broke here in the UK.

During a general chat along the lines of where is that poor little girl.....it must be terrible for the parents....Blah...Blah.... my usually very trusting sister threw this in "do we actualy really know if Madeleine was ever in Portugal? - was she ever there atall?"

At the time I dismissed it as the ramblings of a sleep deprived mother....but It keeps creeping back

Apart from the one photo that was alleged to have been taken the day before the abduction......I am not aware of anyone talking of having any contact with this child in Portugal

As RoughlyCollie replied there is reports that she was in the creche every day.
    This case has so many spins coming from both sides that I catch myself even wondering if Madeleine ever existed I know she does and she is missing but the way the parents are at the moment working on their image I get that thought sometimes.Crazy I know.How many times have we heard from Kate and Jerry that the alligations aginst them is pulling the focus off of Madeleine.Well I have to disagree.They have to be looked at as suspects.What they are doing having their wedding photos published ect is taking the focus off of Madeleine and putting it all on Kate and Gerry the "Me,Me,Me" parents and nothing about that sweet little girl other than she is missing. grrrr Sorry that I had a mini rant

amelia finds welcome to the forums

Oh yes, she was there, and I think she's still there.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ceeaura View Post
    As RoughlyCollie replied there is reports that she was in the creche every day.
    This case has so many spins coming from both sides that I catch myself even wondering if Madeleine ever existed I know she does and she is missing but the way the parents are at the moment working on their image I get that thought sometimes.Crazy I know.How many times have we heard from Kate and Jerry that the alligations aginst them is pulling the focus off of Madeleine.Well I have to disagree.They have to be looked at as suspects.What they are doing having their wedding photos published ect is taking the focus off of Madeleine and putting it all on Kate and Gerry the "Me,Me,Me" parents and nothing about that sweet little girl other than she is missing. grrrr Sorry that I had a mini rant

amelia finds welcome to the forums

Good post!! And welcome, Amelia.

if only it were that easy

Welcome to the forum.

Don't feel bad. I also had that question early on. Until someone posted picture link showing her there in Portugal I even wondered if she had perhaps died at home in England and been disposed of already and then the parents had another child of one of their covacationers to pose as Madeleine until just after checkin at the mccanns rented room, not being seen thereafter (as she would have returned to her own parents right away) and then they just keep pretending they are leaving her behind in the room every night so she is not seen by anyone and then on the night of the dinner the mccanns trot out the whole kidnapped daughter play. It was more like a mystery book plot than something likely to turn up in real life but the thought did cross my mind.

If her being in Portugal could not be substantiated I am sure we would have heard of it by now. It would have made Portugal L.E. job much easier to be able to say that she was never there and thus could not have been a crime victim in their country and thus they could have shipped the whole problem back to UK L.E. to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    I agree....

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Welcome to WS, Amelia.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    You know, were it my child that were missing I would be in a looney bin. My mind would have gone bonkers by now. Assuming I didn't harm my child and she was abducted I wouldn't have a moment when I wasn't thinking where she might be, who she is with, is she okay, is she alive or dead, etc. I couldn't go on..........

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Yes, unfortunately, I think what's left of Madeleine is still in Portugal. And welcome, Amelia.

sadly, must agree. A child with that noticeable and unique eye characteristic, would surely have been recovered by now for the sake of that massive reward.

heartbreaking to consider, but reasonable.

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    sadly, must agree. A child with that noticeable and unique eye characteristic, would surely have been recovered by now for the sake of that massive reward.

heartbreaking to consider, but reasonable.
    Sadly, I tend to agree.

The child's picture has been spread all over the world. I find it hard to believe that someone hasn't seen her. I'm afraid the poor dear is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist View Post
    Sadly, I tend to agree.

The child's picture has been spread all over the world. I find it hard to believe that someone hasn't seen her. I'm afraid the poor dear is gone.
    It doesnt look promising for Madelaine to be found alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    It doesnt look promising for Madelaine to be found alive.
    Although it isnt likley she is alive there is still hope that she is. For all we know she couldhave been locked up by abductors so that no one would know where she is. If this is the case then the media will have alot to answer for if the abductors feel that the police are getting too close and kill her. After all, all the abductors would have to do is read the paper to find out what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by nicola View Post
    Although it isnt likley she is alive there is still hope that she is. For all we know she couldhave been locked up by abductors so that no one would know where she is. If this is the case then the media will have alot to answer for if the abductors feel that the police are getting too close and kill her. After all, all the abductors would have to do is read the paper to find out what is happening.
    It would be much more tempting to claim that huge reward than to kill her.

I'm sure everyone here hopes that there is still a chance she is alive.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast