Timothy McKenna - proximity to school alarms parents

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Sex offender's proximity to school alarms parents

MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, Wash. -- Parents in one neighborhood are demanding action by city and state leaders after finding out a convicted sex offender is spending much of his time near a school.

Iris Aleshkin, the mother of 6-year-old boy, just found out Timothy McKenna, a convicted child rapist, frequents a house in her neighborhood.

Aleshkin's son likes to spend his time using a microscope to seek out bugs. But while he scopes out an interesting find, his mother now wonders who is scoping him out.

"I just don't think it's fair," Irina Aleshkin said. "I think they should have a special neighborhood for those people with no kids at all."

The house McKenna frequents is right next door to North Sound Christian School. School leaders now keep a security guard outside.

http://www.komotv.com/news/9891357.html

Mountlake Terrace school on alert over sex offender

When he first learned that a Level 3 sex offender was living at the house next to North Sound Christian School, Sean Osborn, superintendent of the small private school district, was stunned. How was it that a man convicted of raping two girls — one 6, the other 16 — had permission to stay next door to the Mountlake Terrace school?

But that wasn't the biggest surprise. Osborn later learned that despite all the attention being paid at the state level to how sex offenders are handled, Timothy McKenna didn't need permission to stay temporarily in the house next door as a guest of his sponsors, Kim and Jim Dicecco.

Mountlake Terrace police told Osborn there was nothing in McKenna's release conditions that prevented him from being around schools.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003882040_mckenna13m.html

Oh yeah, another offender right by a school.
I have rentals and guess what I check first???????????

"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] While in prison, McKenna had therapy and disclosed 20 more victims who range in age from 4 to 50.

The Level 3 designation denotes a potential to reoffend."

That was from the article.. if he has all those victims and is likely to reoffend, why in h#ll would he be let out in the first place??
[/FONT]

"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] While in prison, McKenna had therapy and disclosed 20 more victims who range in age from 4 to 50.

That was from the article.. if he has all those victims and is likely to reoffend, why in h#ll would he be let out in the first place??
[/FONT]
Good lordy!
Ditto what MeoW said.

Legally, McKenna is allowed to linger near a school. The Community Protection Zones Act, which mandates that offenders must stay 880 feet from a school if convicted, didn't take effect until July 2005.

McKenna was convicted before then, so the law doesn't apply to him, said Mountlake Terrace Police Chief Scott Smith.

How nice. :mad:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003882040_mckenna13m.html

Kim and Jim Dicecco were saddened when people they knew criticized them for allowing McKenna to live with them.
Devout Christians, the Diceccos say even the most troubled life can be turned around by Christ. McKenna, they insist, is a case of someone who has gone from building a rap sheet to redemption.
"He will tell you he deserved to be in jail," Jim Dicecco said. "He served his time. Yet he carries the stigma the rest of his life."
McKenna insists that while visiting the Diceccos he never spoke with any children and didn't visit when children were present at the school and will voluntarily quit coming to the Diceccos' home.
Sex offenders can be rehabilitated, he said. "I'm very empathetic with people who don't understand that."

:sick:

Could this be the thoughtful sponsors?
http://www.mymonavie.com/Dicecco/contactme.asp

I think they had good intentions but they are sadly naive about changing perverts. It's not going to happen. What were they thinking (besides children being so close) by having HIM next to a school being tempted every time he was there???!!

I'm glad the school is on alert, and I'm really glad that someone made that initial anonymous phone call to the school letting them know about him. Praise God for that person!!!

[/FONT]

That's what I want to know. This is common sense!

OffenderImage.jpg

McKenna, Timothy Dennis49xx 61st, Marysville 98270

Personal Identifiers

Sex: MEthnicity: WhiteHeight: 5' 10"Weight: 170Age: 54Hair Color: BROEye Color: HAZ
Conviction Information

Convicting Crime: Rape Degree: 3
RCW: 9A.44.060
Convicting Jurisdiction: Spokane
Level III

Level IIIThese offenders pose a potential high risk to the community and are a threat to re-offend if provided the opportunity. Most have prior sex crime convictions as well as other criminal convictions. Their lifestyles and choices place them in this classification. Some have predatory characteristics and may seek out victims. They may have refused or failed to complete approved treatment programs.

Could this be the thoughtful sponsors?
http://www.mymonavie.com/Dicecco/contactme.asp

I think they had good intentions but they are sadly naive about changing perverts. It's not going to happen. What were they thinking (besides children being so close) by having HIM next to a school being tempted every time he was there???!!

I'm glad the school is on alert, and I'm really glad that someone made that initial anonymous phone call to the school letting them know about him. Praise God for that person!!!

I believe those are the ones. I'm glad they are bringing him to Christ but how is that going to change his sexual proclivities? She says if anything happens, she will not be personally responsible and that people shouldn't worry about him any more than anyone else out on the streets.

Kim D. says she is a parent herself. :eek:

When asked if she would feel responsible if anything would happen, Dicecco said, "I would feel terrible I wouldn't be personally responsible. And I don't think that Timothy would ever do anything."
the hell she wouldnt be ! she invited someone she knows enjoys forcible sex on small children right next to a school. the sicko is responsible for his actions but she shares the responsibility once she took the active step of inviting him into her home knowing how close she would put him to children. when you sell beer to someone who is drunk you can be held legally responsible for your actions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back