MI MI - James 'Jimmy' Hoffa, 62, Bloomfield Hills, 30 July 1975

Newswolf

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121237,00.html

"Authorities in Detroit searched a home Friday looking for clues into the greatest murder mystery in U.S. history — what really happened to Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa (search).

After one man confessed to killing Hoffa in 1975 at a Detroit home and following a Fox News investigation determined traces of blood in the house, Oakland County, Mich., investigators ripped up floor boards to do more analysis. "

are there any updates on this? did the DNA come back?

CC had the author of this book ("I hear you paint houses"......thats the book title)on ,I think Monday's show?,He claims that Hoffa's killer (a known mob "associate") gave a deathbed confession that when he was a member of the So.Philly(my hometown!) mafia they along w/ a Mob boss in Pittsburgh ,PA ordered the "hit".This man although he liked Hoffa alot and worked for him as a Union Rep. killed him in this house(in was ,supposedly,shot in the back)and his body was then taken to be cremated at a mob connected funeral home(hence no body).This man also was ,apparently, at the top of the FBI's suspect list after Hoffa "dissapeared".
They had no new info r/e the house though,Ive been waiting to hear something myself.

Has anyone heard any more on this?? It sure seemed to quiet down really quick :waitasec:

No news here in Wisconsin either, which you would think there would be with all the publicity this state got in this case. As a child, the big rumor here was that Jimmy was buried in the cement in the pillars of the Eagle River, WI ice arena. lol

This is so strange; why would they not release whether or not they found anything in that house???

Thanks for the link. I wonder if anything more could be found at DetNews.com, or at Fox. It's been a long day for me and there's a TV program I don't want to miss.

This all happened in a suburb North of Detroit, and I'm in one South of Detroit, don't know how I missed this very interesting news.

You wouldn't think Hoffa would have trusted anyone, even if he'd taken them in as a child and raised them, knowing the kind of people he was always dealing with, would you? Why do you suppose they were late? Had to have some extra drinks or wanted to torture him by making him wait?

My uncle was brought before the Grand Jury about the disappearence. He had supper with Jimmy the night before he disappeared. He lived with us at the time in Monroe, Michigan. He was a liquor distributor, and although he had alot of money and several boats, he lived with us after the incident...buried in the suburbs.

He would never talk about it, still won't til this day. Sometimes I think he knows. I wish before he died, he would tell someone.

Maybe he doesn't want to attract publicity and you might get a deathbed confession from him if he ever gets that sick? I guess all of you stick pretty close to him at all times? Keep us posted, okay?

I asked my father for further information on why my Uncle was questioned so intensively...he told me because he was close to Jimmy Hoffa's adopted son, Chucky. Many people then and now thought Chucky was responsible at least in some part for the murder.

indicajane said:
My uncle was brought before the Grand Jury about the disappearence. He had supper with Jimmy the night before he disappeared. He lived with us at the time in Monroe, Michigan. He was a liquor distributor, and although he had alot of money and several boats, he lived with us after the incident...buried in the suburbs.

He would never talk about it, still won't til this day. Sometimes I think he knows. I wish before he died, he would tell someone.
Maybe the guy in messiecake's post is your uncle. (no offense intended)

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/news/nation/12216948.htm

The tips come in about once every week, sometimes from people who know things but mostly from those who are lonely, a little confused or up to no good.
After all these years - 30 as of July 30 - the mystery surrounding the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa thrives, fed by a remarkably steady stream of tips. A second generation of investigators works from a shrinking pool of evidence as most of those who know what happened to the legendary labor leader die and those who think they know call the cops.
~~

We'll probably never know.

While there are many theories and ideas about who killed Jimmy Hoffa, the generally accepted sequence of events was that:

On the morning of 30 July 1975, Hoffa got a phone call and a few hours later, he left his Orion Lake home to drive to Manchu's Red Fox restaurant in a shopping center at fourteen Mile Road and Telegraph in Detroit. He never returned and his car was found in the shopping center's parking lot, unlocked and abandoned.

In the days, weeks, and months which followed, the FBI fed bits and pieces of a story to eager journalists and the public. The FBI story as embellished by the press came to be accepted as truth. The story involved Hoffa going to the Red Fox restaurant supposedly to meet with two other men, neither of which showed up.

Hoffa waited outside near his car for some time waiting for someone. A maroon Lincoln or Mercury drove up with three men inside. After a brief conversation, Hoffa got into the back seat of the Maroon car and it drove away. Once inside, Hoffa was knocked unconcious and either shot or strangled on the way into Detroit. His body was then disposed of in an incinerator.

Some (especially those close to Hoffa) say that the above is all a government cover-up to what really happened. Because Hoffa did not do the sort of specific things (the details) mentioned in the story.

One of Hoffa's men, Joe Franco, co-authored a book about Jimmy Hoffa titled "Hoffa's Man". In it, he claims to have actually seen something different happen in the parking lot that day. He states that three men in a black Ford LTD pulled in front of Hoffa, just as he was about to drive away. A black man was driving, while two white men in sport coats and ties got out and flashed some sort of badges or identification at Hoffa. They all got into the black car and drove away. Franco tailed them north for a ways, when they turned onto a road leading to Pontiac. Franco continued north to Flint and never saw Hoffa again.

Franco believes that the phone calls earlier were a set up by the government to get him to the parking lot, and that he kidnapping was done by US marshalls or FBI agents.

Richard said:
While there are many theories and ideas about who killed Jimmy Hoffa, the generally accepted sequence of events was that:

On the morning of 30 July 1975, Hoffa got a phone call and a few hours later, he left his Orion Lake home to drive to Manchu's Red Fox restaurant in a shopping center at fourteen Mile Road and Telegraph in Detroit. He never returned and his car was found in the shopping center's parking lot, unlocked and abandoned.

In the days, weeks, and months which followed, the FBI fed bits and pieces of a story to eager journalists and the public. The FBI story as embellished by the press came to be accepted as truth. The story involved Hoffa going to the Red Fox restaurant supposedly to meet with two other men, neither of which showed up.

Hoffa waited outside near his car for some time waiting for someone. A maroon Lincoln or Mercury drove up with three men inside. After a brief conversation, Hoffa got into the back seat of the Maroon car and it drove away. Once inside, Hoffa was knocked unconcious and either shot or strangled on the way into Detroit. His body was then disposed of in an incinerator.

Some (especially those close to Hoffa) say that the above is all a government cover-up to what really happened. Because Hoffa did not do the sort of specific things (the details) mentioned in the story.

One of Hoffa's men, Joe Franco, co-authored a book about Jimmy Hoffa titled "Hoffa's Man". In it, he claims to have actually seen something different happen in the parking lot that day. He states that three men in a black Ford LTD pulled in front of Hoffa, just as he was about to drive away. A black man was driving, while two white men in sport coats and ties got out and flashed some sort of badges or identification at Hoffa. They all got into the black car and drove away. Franco tailed them north for a ways, when they turned onto a road leading to Pontiac. Franco continued north to Flint and never saw Hoffa again.

Franco believes that the phone calls earlier were a set up by the government to get him to the parking lot, and that he kidnapping was done by US marshalls or FBI agents.
My father (who usually has a theory about everything!) has always felt the government was involved in Hoffa's disappearance.

This is a case where there are a lot of possibilities, but unless someone confesses, I doubt we'll ever know what really happened.

The FBI on Wednesday searched property northwest of Detroit for clues to the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa, officials said.

The Teamsters leader was last seen in July 1975 at a restaurant in Oakland County's Bloomfield Township.

Agent Dawn Clenney, a spokeswoman for the FBI in Detroit, said the bureau was executing a search warrant in Milford Township, about 35 miles west of Detroit.

Investigators are looking for "evidence of criminal activity that may have occurred under previous ownership" on the property, Clenney said.

Asked if they were looking for Hoffa's remains, she said, "Could be," but declined to comment further.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060517/ap_on_re_us/hoffa_search&printer=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back