1260 users online (208 members and 1052 guests)  

Websleuths News

Exclamation Gulf coast dwellers eye developing storm

Gulf Coast residents kept a watchful eye and the oil industry began making preparations Thursday as forecasters warned that a weather system swirling over waters west of Florida could make landfall as a tropical storm over the weekend.

In storm-skittish Louisiana, the governor declared a state of emergency late in the day, putting the National Guard on alert and school buses, ambulances and evacuation shelter workers on standby.

Conditions favor the low-pressure system becoming a subtropical or tropical cyclone within the next day, the National Hurricane Center said. A coastal flood watch is in effect through Saturday, the National Weather Service said.

The storm's path remains uncertain, but "the general consensus" is that it will hit between the mouth of the Mississippi River and Alabama's Mobile Bay, said Sam Shamburger, a Weather Service meteorologist. That's about the same route Hurricane Katrina took in 2005.

The system could make landfall early Saturday, said Mark Smith, a spokesman for the Louisiana Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070921/ap_on_re_us/tropical_weather_gulf&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Good morning Mr Bearer of Good News!!!!!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    Good morning Mr Bearer of Good News!!!!!
    LOL! It sounds like Florida was getting hammered with severe storms due to this system.

More info on the possibility of it becoming a hurricane:

http://www.accuweather.com/news-stor...hg=1&article=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    I'm on the West Coast here DK and we got some winds and some rain, some very very much-needed rain - but nothing I would call "battered". I'm glad for the rain, believe me.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Uh Oh, my hubby is off the Florida today for business!