Canada - Tamara Chipman, 22, Prince Rupert British Columbia, 2005

Thanks for posting this thread Kermode Bear :)

Here is a more recent article on Tamara's disappearance:

FRIDAY MARKS the second anniversary of the disappearance of a local mother.

Tamara Chipman was last seen Sept. 21, 2005 hitchhiking back to Terrace on Hwy16 near the Prince Rupert industrial park after spending several days there visiting her mom and friends.

Despite two searches – one launched by RCMP and a second one by family and friends – Chipman hasn’t been seen since.

Chipman’s son Jaden, aged 2 at the time of her disappearance, just celebrated his fourth birthday and still is looking for his mom in his own way.

He calls his dad Rob Parker’s ex-girlfriend “mom” at times, which is upsetting, according to Parker.

“It just hurts me when he calls everybody else ‘mom,’” he said.

Parker said he’s keeping memorabilia from the papers “in case I have to explain something later on.”

He’s stopped listening to any tips he hears because people are “full of you know what” and he’s tired of hearing what others are saying.

Surrey private investigator Ray Michalko, who’s been on the case for a couple years now since taking a personal interest in it, notes Chipman as one of the missing women from Hwy16 whom he’s focusing his investigation on.

“I’m continuing to focus on Tamara Chipman, Nicole Hoar and Ramona Wilson,” he said from his Lower Mainland office last week.

“I seem to have more information regarding them than the others so far,” he said, referring to the many other women who have gone missing or been found murdered along Hwy16.

http://www.terracestandard.com/portals-code/list.cgi?paper=33&cat=23&id=1065965&more=0

Hello and thank you too everyone who has helped with Tamara's case. My name is Cory and this is my daughter Tamara. This September will be the second year that her dad and myself have been missing our girl, it has without a doubt been the worst two years of our lives. Not a day or even an hour goes by that I don't think about her. Wish that I could talk to her or even just hear her voice again. I see her face everyday but sadly only in my mind, I talk to her only from my heart now, but I am sure that God tells her we are loving her always and he has her safely with him.

http://www.highwayoftears.ca/Missing Index/tamarachipman.htm

http://www.highwayoftears.ca/

Some people believe that more than 30 women have disappeared along this stretch of Highway 16 in Northern BC. The "official list" doubled last week to include the names of 18 women who have either disappeared or been murdered after being last seen along this highway. Many of these young women were hitchhiking at the time, which has led some to propose the notion of a serial killer (or killers).

Certainly the thought of someone who travels the road regularily has been raised (i.e. a truck driver). The truck driver mentioned above, however, seems to have been driving a route that would not take him near the Highway of Tears.

Hello and thank you too everyone who has helped with Tamara's case. My name is Cory and this is my daughter Tamara. This September will be the second year that her dad and myself have been missing our girl, it has without a doubt been the worst two years of our lives. Not a day or even an hour goes by that I don't think about her. Wish that I could talk to her or even just hear her voice again. I see her face everyday but sadly only in my mind, I talk to her only from my heart now, but I am sure that God tells her we are loving her always and he has her safely with him.

http://www.highwayoftears.ca/Missing%20Index/tamarachipman.htm

Dearest (Cory), I have been following the case of your beautiful missing daughter and the cases of the other missing women and girls such as Nicole Hoar. I wonder if Tamara was ever asked to be interviewed by a reporter or if she knew anyone who did. Did she have a new interest in Christianty? Did she ever have an interest in theater, photography, grain elevators? I hope that I am not offending you with my questions and understand if you don't want to answer them, pm me if you feel more comfortable. Did you ever see the posts on Project Kare the bulliten board prior to it being hacked with binary codes?, horrid pics and trolls? or ever join or post on any other forums regarding the missing in Western Canada?

470_bc_tamara_chipman_100921.jpg

Chipman, 22, was last seen on Sept. 21, 2005, five kilometres east of Prince Rupert. She was hitchhiking to Terrace along Highway 16 -- on a stretch of road nicknamed for the girls and women who have vanished there since 1969.

She had recently shaved her head, but was known to wear red, blonde and brunette wigs. She may have been wearing a light jacket and jeans.

Anyone who may know something about Chipman's disappearance is asked to call the provincial unsolved homicide tip line at 1-877-543-4822 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...tamara_chipman_100921?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

Three years after Nicole's disappearance and at the western end of Highway 16, Tamara Chipman went missing. Sept. 21, 2005 was last day her family saw or heard from her.

They believe she may have been hitchhiking.

"She loved animals," Tamara's mother, Cory Millwater, said during an emotional interview in her Prince Rupert home. "Our house was most of the time like a zoo. Tamara would see anything - cats, dogs, iguanas, fish, birds - she'd bring them home."

Tamara, who had an older sister and a younger brother, gave birth at age 19, to a son, Jaden. She was happy to be a mother.

But her life was troubled as a young adult. She was facing an assault charge and hanging out with people who Millwater described as not very nice. "She was just going through a really hard time at that point."

No one figured out at first that Tamara was missing because her parents and her son's father thought she was with another member of the family.

Police, initially, were not that responsive to the family's missing-person report, Millwater recalled, but have since been supportive.

Still, Millwater is not optimistic she'll ever find out where Tamara's body is and what happened to her. "I don't think that we're ever going to know for sure ... Not knowing where she is is hard."

http://www2.canada.com/nanaimodailynews/news/story.html?id=2334742

Tamara Lynn Chipman
Height: 5'11"
Weight:130pounds
brown eyes
short brown hair/known to wear wigs,red+blonde
she has a scar on her chin
birthmark under her left eye
Last seem September 21,2005
Hitch Hiking outside Prince Rupert BC Canada
please report tips to RCMP.or CRIMESTOPPERS
1-800-222-TIPS 1-800-222-TIPS or
Ray Michalko

Tamara lynn has a smile and laugh that lights up the room when she walks in.she is a great friend,she is a careing,loving person.who diserves to be home with her loving family and friends.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41212992616

Police speaking at MMIWG inquiry must 'stand by their word': advocate | CBC News

Gladys Radek dabbed her eyes, gazing upon the statue erected in Saskatoon in honour of missing and murdered Indigenous women.

She didn't see it in person.

mmiw-statue-saskatoon-police-headquarters.jpg
An image of it was shown as part of former Saskatoon police Chief Clive Weighill's testimony Wednesday during the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls at the Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina.

"That monument just took my breath away when I saw it and I just cried. I started crying right away when I (saw) it. It was so beautiful," Radek said afterward, in a room where the smell of sweetgrass from a smudge earlier in the day still lingered.

Her niece, Tamara Lynn Chipman, was last seen in 2005 on a stretch of road in Northern B.C. known as "the Highway of Tears."

"A few months went by and there was no answers."

Today, there are still no answers for Radek or Chipman's now 14-year-old son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back