Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 152
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Samiya View Post
    We did have the death penalty....

    Until the 'do gooders' intervened with cries of 'it's inhumane'.

    I'd love to see it brought back, but even then, these POS Pedo's would sit on death row for years and years, through appeal after appeal.....still breathing, while their victims live out their life sentences tortured by memories and flashbacks.

    Sami
    Well theres two votes for bringing it back.
    I would like it bought back and tested out on Anita Cobys murderers first....then they can start lining the rest of them up.


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Samiya View Post
    We did have the death penalty....

    Until the 'do gooders' intervened with cries of 'it's inhumane'.

    I'd love to see it brought back, but even then, these POS Pedo's would sit on death row for years and years, through appeal after appeal.....still breathing, while their victims live out their life sentences tortured by memories and flashbacks.

    Sami
    Inhumane? The death penalty is nothing compared to what he did to that little girl.

    He'll get his one day

    MG


  3. #18
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,985
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    ...these stories are becomming way to common.....the harshest penalities should be carried out on these scumbags.
    Amen. I get so tired of people saying this rarely happens and parents are too paranoid. It does seem to be happening more and who's to say whose child it will be next time?


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,674
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I didn't realize that Australia didn't have the Death Penalty. Sounds like Aussies need to rise up and change that!

    I agree...there is no reason to waste the resources it takes to keep them locked up. They are a waste of skin, air, and energy. Their bodies would find better use in a lab somewhere to cure the ills of society.
    My sis travels to Australia every year or so. She says the Aussie police don't even carry guns. She said that several years ago, so things may have changed.


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    Amen. I get so tired of people saying this rarely happens and parents are too paranoid. It does seem to be happening more and who's to say whose child it will be next time?
    Yep! Deb, I saw in SS's article that a neighbor said that her own 5 year old daughter plays in their front yard, too, and that for the time being, she won't anymore. That comment staggered me! Does the neighbor think that once this guy's caught her daughter will be safe to play in the front yard again? I still don't let my daughter hang out in our front yard alone and she's 13! Women in their late teens and early twenties are being taken out of public parking lots in broad daylight! I don't understand why parents think their kids are safer than those women for some reason. Parents need to wake up!


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,253
    IdahoMom, I'm the same way with my kids. These perverts are getting too bold and we really need to keep our children more safe than ever.

    It makes me sad that this little girl went through this. I will pray that her memories will fade. I hope she doesn't have flashbacks when she's older and in a relationship. It really breaks my heart.


  7. #22
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,985
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom View Post
    Yep! Deb, I saw in SS's article that a neighbor said that her own 5 year old daughter plays in their front yard, too, and that for the time being, she won't anymore. That comment staggered me! Does the neighbor think that once this guy's caught her daughter will be safe to play in the front yard again? I still don't let my daughter hang out in our front yard alone and she's 13! Women in their late teens and early twenties are being taken out of public parking lots in broad daylight! I don't understand why parents think their kids are safer than those women for some reason. Parents need to wake up!
    I'm afraid she probably does think it will be safe once he's caught. I don't understand why they don't realize there are many more just like him out there. All it takes is a few minutes to grab a kid.


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,630
    I didn't see any mention in the article of the child's parents having reported her missing. Did they know she was missing before she was found naked and bleeding eight miles away?
    When mine were that young I let them play directly in front of our home so that I could see them, but they had to stay together and I made sure the window or door was open so that I could hear them too. I taught them to scream , fight and run if anyone came near and believe me, they could wake the neighbors a block away. More than a minute or two of silence and I would have been out the door to see what they were up to.

    Little ones like that can't be allowed to play alone, they are just too vulnerable, no matter how smart they are and no matter how safe you think your neighborhood is. Experienced criminals look for neighborhoods where people think they are safe because that is the easiest place to find unsupervised children!

    Susan


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,048
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom View Post
    Yep! Deb, I saw in SS's article that a neighbor said that her own 5 year old daughter plays in their front yard, too, and that for the time being, she won't anymore. That comment staggered me! Does the neighbor think that once this guy's caught her daughter will be safe to play in the front yard again? I still don't let my daughter hang out in our front yard alone and she's 13! Women in their late teens and early twenties are being taken out of public parking lots in broad daylight! I don't understand why parents think their kids are safer than those women for some reason. Parents need to wake up!
    The problem with this logic is this:

    It's far far far more dangerous for your 5-year-old to ride in an automobile than to play in her front yard. Chances are greater that she will be badly harmed or perish in a car than from a person who would hurt her.

    And yet - I don't see parents saying "How in the world can you allow your child to travel in a car when you know all the dangers that are out there on the roads?!" And I don't see parents driving in carts with horses.

    Parents allow their children the freedom to play in a front yard for the same reason that parents transport their children in vehicles - the rewards/conveniences seem to outweigh the risks. Yet, cars are more dangerous than predators to our children and we should not forget this.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!


  10. #25
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,985
    I'm not going to forget there are predators out there just because car travel is more dangerous. Parents need to take precautions ( watch their children, put them in car seats, drive carefully etc.) in both situations. One does not outweigh the other in my mind.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,048
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    I'm not going to forget there are predators out there just because car travel is more dangerous. Parents need to take precautions ( watch their children, put them in car seats, drive carefully etc.) in both situations. One does not outweigh the other in my mind.
    The world is a dangerous place, to be sure. But it's not so dangerous that I won't put my child in a car or let my teenaged daughter in the yard by herself!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!


  12. #27
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,985
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    The world is a dangerous place, to be sure. But it's not so dangerous that I won't put my child in a car or let my teenaged daughter in the yard by herself!
    I wouldn't be that strict with my teenaged daughter but only because by that time she would have all the dangers drummed into her head and know what to do and how to get help. I'm pretty much talking about very young children. At 5, my children would not be in the yard alone for even a few minutes.


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,048
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    I wouldn't be that strict with my teenaged daughter but only because by that time she would have all the dangers drummed into her head and know what to do and how to get help. I'm pretty much talking about very young children. At 5, my children would not be in the yard alone for even a few minutes.
    I surely understand your concerns. I was just pointing out that different parents have different comfort levels. At 5 both my sons were allowed out in the fenced backyard with our big dog by themselves. Our yard is set up so that I could see them easily from most any room, so I was comfortable with that. Some parents wouldn't be!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I didn't realize that Australia didn't have the Death Penalty. Sounds like Aussies need to rise up and change that!

    I agree...there is no reason to waste the resources it takes to keep them locked up. They are a waste of skin, air, and energy. Their bodies would find better use in a lab somewhere to cure the ills of society.
    I believe Canada doesn't have the death penalty either. Last I heard they won't extradite murder suspects back to the U.S. unless the U.S. agrees not to seek the death penalty either.


  15. #30
    I don't understand why countries don't understand the basis for the DP. The punishment fits the crime especially if you have DNA to guarantee the person is guilty beyond ANY doubt.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.


Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •