GUILTY CO - Neveah Gallegos, 3, Denver, 21 Sept 2007

Rle7

Reaction score
Dozens of Denver police officers and a bloodhound scoured an area near downtown late Friday for a missing 3-year-old girl who detectives said they fear is a victim of foul play.

About 8 p.m., they arrested Angel Ray Montoya, 22, a registered sex offender, at East 13th Avenue and Lincoln Street after he led police on a brief foot chase.

Earlier in the day, police said Montoya was being investigated for homicide in connection with the disappearance of Niveah Gallegos, 3.

"Niveah Gallegos remains missing and is believed the victim of foul play," police said in a statement.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5704576,00.html

Denver police are searching for a 3-year-old girl whom they believed to be dead, stuffed in a plastic bag and dumped somewhere in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.

Her mother, who had claimed on Friday that her little girl was snatched from her arms by two men while she was walking down an alley, is now being held on suspicion of being an accessory to murder.

Miriam Gallegos, 20, was arrested Friday night. Her boyfriend, Angel Ray Montoya, was taken into custody Friday evening after an all-night manhunt and a brief foot chase. He is being held for investigation of first-degree murder.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14180469/detail.html

Yet another woman "protecting her man" instead of her child. :behindbar When will this end?

My prayers for the little angel.

Nancy Grace is supposedly covering this tonight.

I saw the coverage tonight and Nancy did a good job. I hope that mom and her boyfriend are sentenced to LWOP. How could she cover for him like it was no big deal. What a worthless piece of slime...both of them.

snip from strach's article above:

Dozens of Denver police officers and a bloodhound scoured an area near downtown late Friday for a missing 3-year-old girl who detectives said they fear is a victim of foul play.

About 8 p.m., they arrested Angel Ray Montoya, 22, a registered sex offender, at East 13th Avenue and Lincoln Street after he led police on a brief foot chase.

Earlier in the day, police said Montoya was being investigated for homicide in connection with the disappearance of Niveah Gallegos, 3.

"Niveah Gallegos remains missing and is believed the victim of foul play," police said in a statement.

Police began searching for the child about 3 p.m., after her mother called and told officers that two men kidnapped the youngster in the 1000 block of Cherokee Street, a few blocks south of the Denver Police Department.

An Amber Alert was issued.

But a short time later, after the police interviewed the mother, they canceled the Amber Alert.

"We do not find (the mother's account) credible," police spokesman Sonny Jackson said.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14192012/detail.html

The body of the 3-year-old girl who has been missing since Friday was discovered Monday afternoon in a trash bag dumped in a ravine at Lakewood Gulch Park.

Police officers found the body of Niveah Gallegos at about 4:45 p.m. in a wooded area at 11th Avenue and Perry Street.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=92050
DENVER, CO -- Police in Denver say they have found the body of a young child they believe to be that of missing three-year-old Nevaeh Gallegos.

Her mother, Miriam Gallegos, and her mother's boyfriend, Angel Montoya, are both behind bars charged in the girl's death.

A family friend, Rebecca Borrego, says "she was happy she was a happy little girl and would always run around with a big smile on her face."

Rebecca Borego is a high school friend of Mirriam Gallegos, the mother suspected of being an accessory in the murder of her own daughter Neveah.

Rebecca says "she loved her daughter like she was everything to her, now that I hear this I don't even know what to think of her anymore."

Gallegos initally told police Neveah was kidnapped. But after further investigation, police say Gallegos admitted that she and her boyfriend Angel Montoya put Neveah's body in a plastic trash bag.

For four days, police and hundreds of volunteers searched the Capitol Hill and downtown Denver area. They looked in dumpsters believing Montoya, who is charged with first degree murder, left the body near Gallego's Logan Street apartment.

Investigators on Monday afternoon believe they found Neveah's body near here, roughly four miles from the apartment.

This story is absolutely appauling. WTF is wrong with the little girls mother? Do they have the death penalty in CO? I have a feeling she will be in prison for life after this.

That poor little girl. This reminds me of the Liana Sandoval case. The mom in that one also reported her missing and help dispose of her body, and Liana was also killed by moms boyfriend.

I also cannot believe that the little girl was not taken away from Mom. Why didn't grandma or someone call CPS? Generally dating a sex offender is enough for CPS to take action.

How in this world could they let this mother keep this child when she had blood in her diaper due to sexual penetration??????????????? And the boyfriend had been convicted of sexual molestation???????? What is wrong with these people? I am so astounded that I don't even know what to say. If this were my grandchild, it would not be enough to just see the mother and bf convicted. More heads should roll for this one. The mother denied it, so they let her keep her? What half a-- mother in the world would admit it if her bf were abusing her child? Does every single one not deny it????? I'm sorry for the rant, but of all the crazy, mixed up, plain old horrible things we've heard in the last few years, this one just lit my fuse.

OMG how disturbing. There are going to be some lawsuits over this one.

Why isn't the mother in jail? Again, most mothers will deny their boyfriends are capable of hurting their kids. The child should have been removed especially with the fact moms boyfriend was a convicted sex offender.

WHY ISN'T MOM IN JAIL????

A couple being held in connection with the death of a 3-year-old girl are being released from jail, the Denver district attorney's office said today.

A deadline to file formal charges against Miriam Gallegos, 20, the dead girl's mother, and Angel Montoya, 22, Gallegos' boyfriend, is today, and authorities weren't through with their investigation, the DA's office said.

"Prosecutors and police investigators are still waiting for a final report from the office of the medical examiner, which may not be available for several weeks due to the length of time it commonly takes to get test results," a press release from the DA's office said.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_7053412

Gee, I wonder where they are today? Maybe south of the border? And Mexico won't extradite on a death penalty case. Talk about slipping through the cracks :furious:

Prosecutors, not police officers, decided not to proceed with a 2006 child sexual-assault case against a man who was later arrested as a suspect in the same child's death, the Denver district attorney's office confirmed Wednesday.

In July 2006, after Neveah Gallegos was taken to a hospital emergency room and diagnosed as a possible victim of sexual abuse, police submitted a case to the Denver DA's office for possible prosecution of Angel Ray Montoya, 22.

Prosecution was refused.

Previously, representatives of the DA's office had said they had no record of the case being submitted to them, and police declined to comment on why they seemed to drop the investigation of Montoya.

Now, with Montoya a suspect in the death of 3-year-old Neveah, attention has refocused on the prior case and whether authorities missed a chance to separate him from the child more than a year before her mother reported her missing and her body was found in a ditch.

Montoya was arrested last month on suspicion of murder but released this week because prosecutors needed more time to investigate Neveah's death, authorities said.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_7076978

This poor child got no protection and now possibly no justice as Montoya goes free yet again. What a travesty :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This is just ridiculous! I have to wonder why this is being handled this way. How many cases have we seen just like this where the entirety of the investigation goes on after arrest? Nixmary Brown is a similar one to this where CPS were involved.

OMG, I am sick. Why was this poor baby left with her mother. :confused: I hope they both fry if they haven't run off already, which I am sure they have. What is wrong with the justice system there sounds like they love child abusers, let them go time and time again. Can this thread get moved to crimes in the news. I just happened to see it but I usually don't look here and she is not missing anymore she is murdered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back