Man smuggles iguanas in prosthetic leg

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7113630

A California man is accused of stealing three endangered iguanas from a nature preserve in Fiji and smuggling them in an unusual way in his prosthetic leg.

Prosecutors say the man stole the protected reptiles while visiting the South Pacific island in September 2002.

They say he brought the neon-green creatures to the U.S. by hiding them in a special compartment constructed in his prosthetic leg.

During an undercover probe, prosecutors say the man told investigators he sold three iguanas for $32,000.

Those smugglers will try anything and most often the animal doesnt survive:mad:

Is that an iguana in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

I could make a hundred jokes about dropping the old lizard out, but Ill refrain:crazy:

Aww..my son wants a iguana so bad but I told him he has to wait until next year when we move back to the states. I hope by then he forgets about wanting one because if that thing got out while he was at school I would die.

http://woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7113630

A California man is accused of stealing three endangered iguanas from a nature preserve in Fiji and smuggling them in an unusual way in his prosthetic leg.

Prosecutors say the man stole the protected reptiles while visiting the South Pacific island in September 2002.

They say he brought the neon-green creatures to the U.S. by hiding them in a special compartment constructed in his prosthetic leg.

During an undercover probe, prosecutors say the man told investigators he sold three iguanas for $32,000.

UMMMM Why is this guy going to Fiji to find Iguana's ????
They run lose right here in South Florida and have little fear of people..
Since they are a serious exotic many agencies destroy them.
Why not just come catch some here?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back