1151 users online (218 members and 933 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - HS football coach allows jailed players to play

http://woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7113644

A high school football coach in Flint who allowed two players to appear in a game while serving jail time has been reinstated.

Southwestern Academy High School coach Gary Lee was indefinitely suspended earlier in the month. He was suspended after letting Reginald D. Owens and Tyrone B. Ward play against Grand Blanc High School.
    Lee was reinstated Friday.

The players were arrested in July on felony home invasion charges.

They attended school during the day and served their sentences on nights and weekends, but were allowed to stay out late and play against Grand Blanc because officials considered the game an after-school activity.

The two sure got light punishment for something as serious as home invasion. Being allowed to play in the game seems just hypocritical to me, whether it's an after school activity or not.

You gotta know the town to understand this one. They are #1 on the fbi list for crime and its actually a small town just full of bad apples. This doesnt surprise me at all, heck their Mayor Williamson has been in prison for embezzlement and fraud not long ago and they love him. The last mayor also has had fraud charges and drug charges with a local car dealership owner.

Its sad and wrong, the community is an uproar over it. But a lot of the higher ups in this town are not squeaky clean and on the up and up. They have a major drug problem and they cut back on cops and got rid of f.a.n.g. They have a huge problem with fires especially on devil's night and they cut the fire department staff in half and they cant keep up and call in everyone from around the surrounding counties. Over half of the schools are closed in this area due to mishandling of funds ( aka embezzlement) its just swept under the rug. My sister taught in the school system, it is a joke and she couldnt wait to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2004 View Post
    You gotta know the town to understand this one. They are #1 on the fbi list for crime and its actually a small town just full of bad apples. This doesnt surprise me at all, heck their Mayor Williamson has been in prison for embezzlement and fraud not long ago and they love him. The last mayor also has had fraud charges and drug charges with a local car dealership owner.

Its sad and wrong, the community is an uproar over it. But a lot of the higher ups in this town are not squeaky clean and on the up and up. They have a major drug problem and they cut back on cops and got rid of f.a.n.g. They have a huge problem with fires especially on devil's night and they cut the fire department staff in half and they cant keep up and call in everyone from around the surrounding counties. Over half of the schools are closed in this area due to mishandling of funds ( aka embezzlement) its just swept under the rug. My sister taught in the school system, it is a joke and she couldnt wait to get out of it.
    I hope she voted with her feet and got out of there; when the schools are corrupt, there's a generation shortchanged. There are always towns where the corrupt drive out those honest, and it's not worth the personal cost and inevitable failure to take a public stand against a railcar full of bad apples. . Gotta pick your battles. Let them rot first ...

Crypto6

She only was there for two years and once she had a little employment history under her belt since she was fresh out of college she left to a better area in a different county.

They now have health insurance for every resident in the area (if they dont have their own) because they cannot get people to live there. Crime has gone down some but that is because the population went down a ton from people moving to detroit area.