1193 users online (231 members and 962 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Roger Mercier for sexual assault of 7yo girl, Dartmouth, NS, 2005

http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...ar_Old_Student

Roger Edouard Mercier was found guilty in Dartmouth in the case of sexually abusing a seven year old student . The child was in his apartment when the abuse took place. Mercier had been accused before of touching young children in his care.

In June 2005 Mercier allegedly attacked the girl in his apartment. He reportedly touched her genitals through her clothing and putting his lips to her bare stomach according to the CBC.

Mercier's lawyer tried to get his client off by stating that the contact was not sexual

More at link.

I am glad that he was found guilty. He should have been locked up a loooong time ago.
    Happy New Years

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Why was he being moved from district to district and still teaching for all those years? Unbelievable!

Why would the parents of a 7 year old allow the child in his apartment? Teacher or not, there is just no way MY 7 year old would be ANYONE'S apartment without me.

Quote Originally Posted by eleven View Post
    Why would the parents of a 7 year old allow the child in his apartment? Teacher or not, there is just no way MY 7 year old would be ANYONE'S apartment without me.

That is what I want to know. It also mentioned other children who had been in his care...in his home? What did he do...target single mothers who had difficulty finding babysitters or did he offer them a little time to themselves by watching their children? You know...the good teacher wanting to help out He would know the history of every child in his classes and some were probably real easy targets.

Another abuse of a position of trust.

**screams**