Father Finds Son Dead in Vat of Acid

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/1852580/
Father Finds Son Dead in Vat of Acid

Posted: Sep. 23 7:52 p.m.
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — An 18-year-old fell into a vat of sulfuric acid and died after apparently being overcome by fumes, police said. His body was discovered by his father Sunday at a circuit board factory where they both worked.
The San Mateo County coroner's office identified the victim as Fernando Jimenez Gonzalez of Redwood City. Gonzalez had been submerging circuit boards in the vat at Coastal Circuits, Redwood City police said.
Gonzalez's father went to the factory when his son did not come home from his shift and discovered the body. (more at link)
==

I think this is one of the saddest things I've ever read. :( Surely there had to be safety measures in place to prevent this from happening. Being so young, he might not have followed all the safety rules. I hope it wasn't foul play.

How awful. I wonder what would of made the dad go look in the vat of acid though? :(

How awful. I wonder what would of made the dad go look in the vat of acid though? :(

I thought that was weird too. Perhaps the son was working OT by himself? The article said his dad worked there too. Maybe the dad was his boss?

I don't think I would have handled finding my son like that very well.

Tm.... did you figure out what that pm was about?? I sure hope you did..... tia....... sm

Hi SM. I sent you email with a copy/paste of it. Hope that helps!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back