1539 users online (252 members and 1287 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332

    Private Security Team Hired By McCann's For Secret Investigation

    September 24, 2007
    Private security team hired by Kate and Gerry McCann for secret investigation

    [Source]

    David Brown in Praia da Luz and Patrick Foster

    A private security firm has been secretly investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann for four months because her parents feared that Portuguese police were failing properly to search for their daughter.

    Control Risks Group (CRG) is believed to have been checking reported sightings of Madeleine from around the world and building up profiles of likely abductors.

    Kate and Gerry McCann turned to the company, which employs former members of the intelligence services and special forces, after becoming concerned that officers in the Algarve assumed their daughter was dead.

    A source close to the couple’s legal team confirmed that CRG had been working with the family since May but refused to discuss how the company was being paid.

    A source close to the couple’s legal team confirmed that CRG had been working with the family since May but refused to discuss how the company was being paid.

    “Control Risks are one of the groups who’ve offered their services to the McCanns,” he said. “You can assume that they are doing some things that the Portuguese police can’t do.”

    Friends of the couple said the decision showed that they believed Madeleine may still be alive 144 days after she was reported missing from the bedroom of her holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

    More at the link above.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,593
    I hope this report is true. It does give Port LE another reason to arrest the McCanns for breaking their laws. I'd do the same thing if it were my child. Just maybe it is their findings that keep the McCanns hope for Madeleine to be alive.

    I've seen interviews pertaining to different sightings of Madeleine that the McCanns were asked about and Gerry was evasive somewhat where he would only say that they were being investigated. If they had their own people working on this it goes a long way in explaining things that were going on that they couldn't talk about.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    I hope this report is true. It does give Port LE another reason to arrest the McCanns for breaking their laws. I'd do the same thing if it were my child. Just maybe it is their findings that keep the McCanns hope for Madeleine to be alive.

    I've seen interviews pertaining to different sightings of Madeleine that the McCanns were asked about and Gerry was evasive somewhat where he would only say that they were being investigated. If they had their own people working on this it goes a long way in explaining things that were going on that they couldn't talk about.
    Exactly. I won't give up hope that Madeleine will be found alive yet.

    Thanks for posting strach304.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    76
    The Chief Financial Officer of Control Risks Group, (ex-SAS and former MI6) is Michael Martin, the Speaker of the House of Commons! It's members include General Sir Michael Rose who was adjutant general of the British army and commander of the UN protection force in Bosnia. This special forces team cost tens of thousands of pounds, per day. Is Brian Kennedy, the billionaire Everest magnate paying for this and why? He has the same name as Kate's uncle, any relation? And isn't this outside interference jeopardising an ongoing police investigation?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Creepin View Post
    The Chief Financial Officer of Control Risks Group, (ex-SAS and former MI6) is Michael Martin, the Speaker of the House of Commons! It's members include General Sir Michael Rose who was adjutant general of the British army and commander of the UN protection force in Bosnia. This special forces team cost tens of thousands of pounds, per day. Is Brian Kennedy, the billionaire Everest magnate paying for this and why? He has the same name as Kate's uncle, any relation? And isn't this outside interference jeopardising an ongoing police investigation?
    Great post, Dr. Creepin, the McCanns didnt hire the security team until 3 weeks after Madelaines disappearance, knowing that is was illegal in Portugal because they thought the P LE were not following all leads on sightings of Madelaine, if they were going to do that why did they not do it earlier. Now that they are back in the UK, will the McCanns come back for further questioning if required, I personally think not. Also, the Security team musnt be allowed to divulge any information they have until the P LE have charged any perpetrators, that is how I understand it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Creepin View Post
    The Chief Financial Officer of Control Risks Group, (ex-SAS and former MI6) is Michael Martin, the Speaker of the House of Commons! It's members include General Sir Michael Rose who was adjutant general of the British army and commander of the UN protection force in Bosnia. This special forces team cost tens of thousands of pounds, per day. Is Brian Kennedy, the billionaire Everest magnate paying for this and why? He has the same name as Kate's uncle, any relation? And isn't this outside interference jeopardising an ongoing police investigation?
    Hello Dr. Creepin,

    In the original source article I posted it says that the McCann's refuse to say how the service's of the PI's are being paid for.

    I'm not sure their involvement can be considered outside interference or jeopardising an ongoing police investigation if the PI's are not investigating within the Portuguese borders.

    Thanks for your interesting post.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,135
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nmaddy125.xml

    Madeleine McCann police fury over private hunt

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nmaddy125.xml

    Madeleine McCann police fury over private hunt
    So what if they are furious? (aimed at the article, not you, Colomom)

    Big effing whoop, there are no major breakthru's in this case after 4+ months and you need help.
    Above is my opinion only

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Brefie View Post
    So what if they are furious? (aimed at the article, not you, Colomom)

    Big effing whoop, there are no major breakthru's in this case after 4+ months and you need help.
    Hee, hee, hee...guess I am getting a rep huh Brefie? A bit short-tempered, I am...

    In this article (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...null&offset=12) it states:

    "The couple have been secretly receiving advice for more than four months from Control Risks Group, which employs former members of the British intelligence services and special forces."

    So I am getting the impression that CRG has been working all this time....so maybe it is them that needs help.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,646
    So, if the investigators turn up evidence that the McCanns did something to Madeleine, will they destroy it (since we know who is paying their bills) or turn it over to the police?


  11. #11
    april4sky's Avatar
    april4sky is offline It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,227

    Par for the course!!!

    It all depends how you choose to look at it. We have been crying out for them to hire private investigaters.

    Damned if they do!!!
    Anger of Potuguese authorities on the hiring of private investigators.
    Beats me why!!! I know it's against their laws but if as stated the investigaters are not on the ground in Portugal.........Mmmmmm
    Posters here have said many times the McCanns should have hired private investigaters. Now we know the Portuguese system makes that impossible.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nmaddy125.xml


    Kate and Gerry McCann provoked the fury of the Portuguese authorities after it was revealed they had hired private investigators to help find their daughter Madeleine.
    A source close to the couple's legal team insisted they were only working in an advisory role and were not on the ground in Portugal.
    But the company – which employs ex-SAS and military personnel – is thought to be focusing on Spain and Morocco, where three sightings of a little blonde girl have now been reported.
    In Portugal, figures from both the police and judicial arenas vented their anger about the move.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    Hee, hee, hee...guess I am getting a rep huh Brefie? A bit short-tempered, I am...

    In this article (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...null&offset=12) it states:

    "The couple have been secretly receiving advice for more than four months from Control Risks Group, which employs former members of the British intelligence services and special forces."

    So I am getting the impression that CRG has been working all this time....so maybe it is them that needs help.
    ANYONE working on this needs help. I really think none of us care who hired who, who made mistakes - none of that matters - JUST WORK TOGETHER FOR A SOLUTION!!! Please God it includes a living Madeleine.
    Above is my opinion only

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Brefie View Post
    Please God it includes a living Madeleine.
    Amen to that!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,135
    CRG's four main operating areas are: Political and security risk analysis, confidential investigations, security consultancy, and crisis response. The majority of their clients are large multi-nationals; they state that more than 90 per cent of the FTSE 100 use one or more of their services.

    "Confidential Investigations"


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_Risks_Group

    and their website

    http://www.crg.com/default.aspx?page=2

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,135
    http://itn.co.uk/news/5dd41262b23abb...b08325e3a.html

    McCanns deny hiring private detectives

    Not much of an investigation if you cannot do it in Portugal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-19-2017, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 877
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 04:50 PM

Tags for this Thread