Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 50/60 year old Amnesia Victim, Savannah, Ga area

missing person a.k.a. Benjaman Kyle

Hello Synthia 1021:

I am a nurse who is trying to help Mr. Benjaman Kyle to get his identity back. First and foremost, Mr. Kyle and I would like to thank you for your interest in his case. We received an e-mail regarding your immediate response to the newspaper article. We would also like to express our gratitude to all of you out there in cyberspace who have taken an interest in Mr. Kyle's situation. It is so heartwarming to witness so much compassion in this world.

I noticed some very good questions so I am going to try to respond to them now: Mr. Kyle appears to be in his 50's. He has no tattoos. He has a scar across the front of the neck that is most likely from cervical disk surgery. He has two parallel scars on his left elbow and believes it pertains to reparative surgery on the elbow that most likely entails surgical implantation of pins and/or plates. He believes the elbow surgery dates back to his 20's and is not very clear about the cervical surgery timeframe. He is 5"11" and currently weighs approximately 240 pounds. He is a large-framed man. He would have had brown hair in the past but it is graying now with a receding hairline. His eyes are blue-green.

He was found unresponsive early in the morning of August 31, 2004 behind a Burger King located on Highway 17 in Richmond Hill, Georgia (directly across from U.S. Interstate 95 - exit 87). No identification was recovered on his person. To date, he has been unable to remember his name and where he comes from. However, He has memories of Indiana and Colorado. His accent is not native to Georgia. I am really no expert on accents so I am going to have to leave that one alone.

Mr. Kyle is well-mannered and probably received a good education. He comes across as very professional. He is of above-average intelligence and seems to possess a great deal of knowledge regarding restaurant buildings, supplies and equipment. He also seems to know a great deal about buildings in general. This may possibly relate to his career prior to his amnesia.

We have been checking the website for the National Center for Missing Adults to no avail. I have called many times and also attempted to register by e-mail including some digital photos in that e-mail. I never did get a response. I learned later that Hurricane Katrina placed a very heavy workload on them and that subsequent budget cuts to their program - which were quite significant - proved to be crippling to them.

If anyone out there knows any reputable and reliable websites that post missing and unidentified person photos please let me know. I have digital photos ready to be posted. Also, I am probably not as computer savvy as many of you are. Can you take his picture and post it on places like my space and you tube so it can get around all over and eventually be recognized by someone who can help to identify Mr. Kyle? I have additional photos that could prove helpful but I do not know how to post them to this site. Any help you can offer will be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

It would be ideal if they could release an audio of his accent. People from certain parts of the country could place it and narrow down the search field perhaps. I have heard of people with amnesia developing a psuedo accent, but this may not pertain to him.

If there are pins or plates present in his elbow, would they not also contain numbers which could be traced? I don't know how one would go about obtaining the numbers short of exploratory surgery, but it is a thought.

Wouldn't it be clear in x-rays if he had a cervical repair on his neck? If not, could the surgery have been for other reasons such as thyroid? Has there been an effort to contact the AMA in possibly tracking down a surgeon who may have performed the work on either his neck or elbow?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

This man looks similar to him:
    http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200503385S

I think he would do well with national exposure. We can start a letter writing campaign to get his story out to various news organizations and shows. I feel this would be a more immediate way to find out his true identity.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

What about the Today Show? This case is fascinating to me. I can't imagine what it must be like for him. I don't know if Mr. Kyle would want to put himself out there on national TV like that but millions of people would see his face that way. Somewhere there has to be someone that recognizes him. A neighbor, a business associate, a family member, someone.

Sorry SS. If I would have read your entire post instead of just looking at the picture I would have seen that you were on it already!
    Last edited by lymom3; 10-14-2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Reply to above post

The Today show is only one place to write to! Now where did I put that list we had of all the addresses and such? Maybe Indy has it. I will pm her.

I know he might be very anxious about going national, but it really is the best way. After all this time, he has rebuilt a life and is making new memories...but somewhere out there are people missing him.

Here is a story he should read:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=37918&src=2

We also have a thread on that one: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53544
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by benjamankyle View Post
    Hello Synthia 1021:

I am a nurse who is trying to help Mr. Benjaman Kyle to get his identity back.
    ~snip~
    If anyone out there knows any reputable and reliable websites that post missing and unidentified person photos please let me know. I have digital photos ready to be posted. Also, I am probably not as computer savvy as many of you are. Can you take his picture and post it on places like my space and you tube so it can get around all over and eventually be recognized by someone who can help to identify Mr. Kyle? I have additional photos that could prove helpful but I do not know how to post them to this site. Any help you can offer will be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Hello and thanks for joining us! I posted Mr. Kyle's picture in my MySpace blog about amnesia back in September:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=311164872

I'd be glad to make a YouTube video with his photos...I'll send you a private message so we can exchange emails

By the way, who is Synthia 1021?
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A fellow concerned sleuther! :0)

Hello, Synthia!! I was just curious since I have not had the opportunity to meet you yet!! Welcome to WS~

It was a wonderful idea to write the nurse!! Great job!! I just wanted to say, "Thank You!!".
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Hello all.. Im usually here in hiding (cause I am working), I thought awhile back I would write to see if we could get more info on Ben, was so thrilled to here from his nurse! Could you please take a look at this missing person, I know his hair states blonde, but without the CA sun, maybe it went a little darker in the years he has been missing! What do you guys think?? Thanks

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200503449S

I did take a look, but if you will notice that Kyle has a very distinct nose. It is quite thin coming down the bridge and has an upward type flare of the nostrils. (Even if you lose/gain a lot of weight...it doesn't affect the way the nose is made.) I think this is one feature which will be very beneficial in helping figure out his true identity.

It would be great to reunite him with his family. I hope the nurse drops in again soon and can discuss with him about going national. I don't want to pursue it until we have his blessings.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Hi Synthia 1021:

This is Benjaman's nurse. I just wanted to let you know thay Mr. Kyle was on the 6:00Pm news (WSAV-TV) on our local channel 3 in Savannah, Georgia tonight. Maybe you can check it out on their website. I recall someone asking about his accent - if you can play it back you may be able to learn more. The pictures of him may be better, too. It would be great to get that footage played on a national level. Please let me know if you get any feedback about him.

Thanks again.

Hello Gina:

This is Benjaman's nurse. Thank you for your kind welcome. Please check out the news station WSAV-TV for 10/15/07. The 6:00Pm news profiled Mr. Kyle. I hope you will be able to view the whole clip - it will show more angles of him than the one photo in the newspaper article from September and if you can pick up sound you will be able to hear his regional accent.
    Can we get that clip out there in cyberspace? Please let me know if there is anything I can be doing to help get him recognized by his loved ones.

Thank you kindly.

Dear SS:

Thank you for your help. This man, Defoe, is not Mr. Kyle. Mr. Kyle is 5'11" and 240 pounds. He has a large frame. So far we have checked out all the photos on the NCMA webite. Do you know when is the last time they posted anything new? Also, do you know any other reliable websites that I can be looking at?

Thanks again.
    Benjaman's nurse

Here is the link to the video. http://www.wsav.com/midatlantic/sav/...0-15-0025.html

He sounds like a Hoosier to me and I think I've seen his face before.
    Indy Gal or any other Hoosier, what do you think about us sending the link to WTHR, WRTV, WISHTV?

Ok. I sent an email to Jim Scott WishTv channel 8 and a link to the video of amnesia victim.

http://indianamissingadults.com/default.asp

Here is some missing Adults in Indiana. One is Walter Smith A.K.A. TOM who is missing from Shelby County which is where I'm from. He was missing I believe from FlatRock Area.

Benjamin was found in August 2004 so the dates won't work with Walter Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by dottierainbow View Post
    Here is the link to the video. http://www.wsav.com/midatlantic/sav/...0-15-0025.html

He sounds like a Hoosier to me and I think I've seen his face before.
    Indy Gal or any other Hoosier, what do you think about us sending the link to WTHR, WRTV, WISHTV?
    I think he sounds Coloradoan too - it's hard to pinpoint a specific state, but he definitely doesn't sound like he's been in the south for a huge part of his life, nor does he sound North Eastern.

Prayers to find your identity, Mr. Kyle, you've been on my mind lately!

No, he couldn't be Mr. Smith. I was just saying I saw that he was from my county. He has brown eyes too.

Accent sounds "rural Midwest" to me. He pronounces "Indianapolis" the same way I do (I'm from Chicago), but most of his speech has a sort of rural "twang" to it. Anyone know if it's possible to extract the video and post it elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by benjamankyle View Post
    Hello Gina:

This is Benjaman's nurse. Thank you for your kind welcome. Please check out the news station WSAV-TV for 10/15/07. The 6:00Pm news profiled Mr. Kyle. I hope you will be able to view the whole clip - it will show more angles of him than the one photo in the newspaper article from September and if you can pick up sound you will be able to hear his regional accent.
    Can we get that clip out there in cyberspace? Please let me know if there is anything I can be doing to help get him recognized by his loved ones.

Thank you kindly.
    Hi and thanks for your reply. I'm glad to see that Mr. Kyle was on the local news. I will post this link on MySpace.

Did you get my email and/or private message? In your original post you mentioned having additional photos of Mr. Kyle. If you could send these to me by email, I could use them to put together a video.

Just had another thought - maybe someone could make a MySpace profile for Mr. Kyle.

Dear Dottie Rainbow:

Thank you for the link. Yes, we would be ever so grateful if you could get him on the news.

Thanks again.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast