1136 users online (211 members and 925 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Jake & Kelly Branam, Scott Gamble, Samuel Khairy, murdered at sea, 23 Sept 2007

Two young men chartered a boat from Miami. They have been found, the crew are missing.

This is going to turn into something bad, I am afraid. The initial talk around town is that the two who rented the boat tried to hijack it to smuggle Cubans or drugs.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...ry/248480.html

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_267082106.html

Pray for the captain and his crew.

Tammie from Miami

That really doesn't sound good, does it? I hope they find them soon. I am sure their families are frantic. Bless their hearts.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Here is an updated news link: http://www.miamiherald.com/459/story/248741.html

They are stating one of the men who chartered the boat is accused of stealing almost $100000 from the Walmart store in AR where he was previously employed.

Is the only way of getting out of the country without a passport by boat. Or do you still need a passport? How does that work? It almost sounds like these two were trying to get out of the US, since the one was wanted. And maybe they got the stupid idea to steal the boat while at it. Then they realized navigating a boat like that really does require a crew and they bailed on the life raft. The eractic movements of the boat could be the two trying to steer and them not knowing what to do.

any news?

What is wierd is they were found in a life raft. I don't think there were any bad storms down there. I hope they straded the crew on some island.

This story is so bizarre. Sounds like they got rid of the crew and tried to get away on a life raft? How could they possibly think that would work?

Never posted before but the above is Kirby's divorce info - interesting.

Here is today's news story on this.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miam...ry/250503.html

Tammie from Miami

Whoa, that's like a soap opera!
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

Sounds like those two wanted authorities to believe that everyone, including both of them, were lost at sea in some kind of accident. I guess they thought they could get away in the life boat and later dispose of it, and would all be assumed dead.

Yes, one of these two, I think the one without the criminal record told officials that the boat was hijacked and the hijackers forced his friend to kill the crew and throw them overboard. The hijackers were nice enough to let them know on the raft, of course. Oh, and the hijackers hijacked the boat for nothing and mysteriously sailed away into the night.

The above story is so incredibly stupid ...obviously, these two killed the crew of their own accord. My question is why? They dumped the boat? If they were trying to go to Cuba, then go to Cuba on the boat. Don't leave the boat and sail away on a raft??? Obviously, they had a plan or motive, however stupid it may have been. I wonder why they abandoned that plan....

What I am understanding is the young man with the perp told the story to the court, trying to get low bail. They killed these people. I know tons of people who sail out of there (or boat) and there is nothing like that going on in that area.

Lily, I think what happened is maybe they stalled the boat and couldn't get it started or maybe they had no clue on how to operate the 2 engine props and had to get off the boat. Maybe a plane came in and they knew they were going to get caught..then there is the matter that they saw the island and thought it was where they were going to ..killed the crew and got in the life raft to go to shore. There are a lot of currents out there. Okay, I'll shut up now.

There was a reason that boat had a crew. It needed a crew to operate it. I think these two idiots thought they would kill the crew and steal the boat. (After all, it would be handy to have run if you are on the run.) Only to find out that they didn't know how to navigate the d*mned thing. You can't just get into a boat like that and drive. In one of the original articles, it was stated, IIRC, that the tracking system was examined. And it showed that suddenly the boats path was irratic. It was found dragging it's anchor. I think the two idiots couldn't even figure out how to raise the anchor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast