FL FL - Jake & Kelly Branam, Scott Gamble, Samuel Khairy, murdered at sea, 23 Sept 2007

Luzer

Professional Cat Dodger
Reaction score
That really doesn't sound good, does it? I hope they find them soon. I am sure their families are frantic. Bless their hearts.

Is the only way of getting out of the country without a passport by boat. Or do you still need a passport? How does that work? It almost sounds like these two were trying to get out of the US, since the one was wanted. And maybe they got the stupid idea to steal the boat while at it. Then they realized navigating a boat like that really does require a crew and they bailed on the life raft. The eractic movements of the boat could be the two trying to steer and them not knowing what to do.

What is wierd is they were found in a life raft. I don't think there were any bad storms down there. I hope they straded the crew on some island.

This story is so bizarre. Sounds like they got rid of the crew and tried to get away on a life raft? How could they possibly think that would work?

Never posted before but the above is Kirby's divorce info - interesting.

Sounds like those two wanted authorities to believe that everyone, including both of them, were lost at sea in some kind of accident. I guess they thought they could get away in the life boat and later dispose of it, and would all be assumed dead.:slap:

Yes, one of these two, I think the one without the criminal record told officials that the boat was hijacked and the hijackers forced his friend to kill the crew and throw them overboard. The hijackers were nice enough to let them know on the raft, of course. Oh, and the hijackers hijacked the boat for nothing and mysteriously sailed away into the night.

The above story is so incredibly stupid :doh: ...obviously, these two killed the crew of their own accord. My question is why? They dumped the boat? If they were trying to go to Cuba, then go to Cuba on the boat. Don't leave the boat and sail away on a raft??? Obviously, they had a plan or motive, however stupid it may have been. I wonder why they abandoned that plan....:confused:

What I am understanding is the young man with the perp told the story to the court, trying to get low bail. They killed these people. I know tons of people who sail out of there (or boat) and there is nothing like that going on in that area.

Lily, I think what happened is maybe they stalled the boat and couldn't get it started or maybe they had no clue on how to operate the 2 engine props and had to get off the boat. Maybe a plane came in and they knew they were going to get caught..then there is the matter that they saw the island and thought it was where they were going to ..killed the crew and got in the life raft to go to shore. There are a lot of currents out there. Okay, I'll shut up now.

There was a reason that boat had a crew. It needed a crew to operate it. I think these two idiots thought they would kill the crew and steal the boat. (After all, it would be handy to have run if you are on the run.) Only to find out that they didn't know how to navigate the d*mned thing. You can't just get into a boat like that and drive. In one of the original articles, it was stated, IIRC, that the tracking system was examined. And it showed that suddenly the boats path was irratic. It was found dragging it's anchor. I think the two idiots couldn't even figure out how to raise the anchor.

What cha want to bet a tv movie will be made about this. It is crazy.
Fox reported earlier this evening that the guy who was the lone survivor stole a lot of money from Walmart when he worked there.

STRAWBERRY, Ark. -- Just before he allegedly walked out of a Wal-Mart with a microwave and $92,000 from the store's cash registers, Kirby Archer had another reason to run: He was under investigation for sexually abusing several boys in Arkansas and Missouri.

Investigators in two Arkansas counties told The Miami Herald on Wednesday that Archer, a former Wal-Mart customer-service manager now being held in a Miami federal prison, was being investigated for abuse when he disappeared Jan. 26.

''We had gathered information from children that confirmed it did happen and . . . we all strongly believe offenses took place,'' said Lawrence County Sheriff Department Capt. Jody Dotson, who helped interview the children. ``He knew we were turning the information over to pursue charges. . . . A couple of days later he took off.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/251773.html

There is a grain of truth to this story but thats about it.. the Most of the story is fabricated. The only part that is true is that the crew was murdered and thrown overboard. BUt not by highjackers.. it was by these 2 rocket scientists. TI think the part of the wife freaking out it likely true.. as sad as that is. I feel very sorry for these folks and their families. I do think these 2 freaks were either trying to fake their deaths and trying to get to Cuba. The one likely still has family there that would help them and its an easy place to hide. I think they thought they could slip in under the radar in Cuba by using the lefe raft but they miscalculated or didnt think calculate at all.. that wave action, currents etc would not necessarily take them toward Cuba but away from it. The boat being located in Cuba would be a dead giveaway.. and there is no way the crew would have agreed to go along with taking them to Cuba. what a shame but these guys at least the one is desperate enough to do anything to get away from the sexual abuse charges and the embezzelment charges. Not sure why the friend would go along with it unless he had some interest in doing so like he was responsible for covering up the abuse, or partaking in it. it also explains the embezzelment since they needed money to fund their escape. Also using cash for the boat hiremakes sense since it is untraceable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back