1103 users online (193 members and 910 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A rush to judgement?

Worth the read---possibly worth a discussion.
    Article written by Father Jonathan Morris

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297598,00.html

SNIP

Rushing to Judgment about Madeleine McCann's Disappearance

Portuguese police have resumed search efforts for Madeleine McCann.
    This is good news for Kate and Gerry McCann who had been named suspects in the alleged death of their 5-year-old daughter. The McCanns have defended their innocence vigorously and have pleaded with police not to abandon the search for Madeleine.
    The Times of London reports today that a source close to the Portuguese public prosecutor, Luis Bilro Verao, says the case against the McCanns has come to an “impasse.”
    Little consolation, I imagine, for Kate and Gerry. They know their names will never be cleared until Madeleine is found — doubt will always linger. It’s the way we’re wired.
    Do you remember the moment you heard the news about their alleged involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance?

Nice to see that only 1 view point is being considered. FWIW-This is an excellent article written by a priest. I find it's good to read and consider all information and views when learning and discussing a case.

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Well, you certainly know my opinion on this!

I do think there's been a rush to judgment. I'm really hoping something comes of these two sightings of her in Morocco. Even though it's been a while ago now, I've had this hope that maybe, just maybe she's still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist View Post

I do think there's been a rush to judgment. I'm really hoping something comes of these two sightings of her in Morocco. Even though it's been a while ago now, I've had this hope that maybe, just maybe she's still alive.

I hope too, Irish, but my gut tells me we probably won't see her alive again.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I hope too, Irish, but my gut tells me we probably won't see her alive again.
    That's how I've been feeling too, SCM. But, just for today, I have a glimmer of hope.

Chances are that you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Nice to see that only view point is being considered.
    Am I the only one confused?

Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    Lost me too Colomom.

Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    Nope

Doesn't surprise me........ya'll have a good evening.

I do IrishMist.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Doesn't surprise me........ya'll have a good evening.
    Hi philamena....

I think that there has been a rush to judgment. I think that lots of people cannot get past the fact that they showed terrible judgment in leaving those children alone. I think some of those people can say it don't make them murderers, but can't actually feel it.That's not a dig at anyone, I think it's human nature.
    Above is my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by Brefie View Post
    Hi philamena....

I think that there has been a rush to judgment. I think that lots of people cannot get past the fact that they showed terrible judgment in leaving those children alone. I think some of those people can say it don't make them murderers, but can't actually feel it.That's not a dig at anyone, I think it's human nature.
    I couldn't agree more, Brefie. It seems to be at the core for a lot of the belief that they killed their daughter, IMO.

KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    I couldn't agree more, Brefie. It seems to be at the core for a lot of the belief that they killed their daughter, IMO.
    Not for me, my thing with the parents is Kate's not in a coma? Weak, dehydrated, suffering, irritable, inconsolable, those kinds of things. Cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by KOOL LOOK View Post
    Not for me, my thing with the parents is Kate's not in a coma? Weak, dehydrated, suffering, irritable, inconsolable, those kinds of things. Cry me a river.
    Kool, maybe it's because I'm so tired tonight that I shouldn't even be reading on here let alone attempting to post, but I don't get this?

Are you saying you think they are guilty because they are coping?

Quote Originally Posted by KOOL LOOK View Post
    I am not following.......
    Above is my opinion only

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast