A rush to judgement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philamena

Former Member
Reaction score
noscript.gif
Worth the read---possibly worth a discussion.
Article written by Father Jonathan Morris

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297598,00.html

SNIP

Rushing to Judgment about Madeleine McCann's Disappearance

Portuguese police have resumed search efforts for Madeleine McCann.
This is good news for Kate and Gerry McCann who had been named suspects in the alleged death of their 5-year-old daughter. The McCanns have defended their innocence vigorously and have pleaded with police not to abandon the search for Madeleine.
The Times of London reports today that a source close to the Portuguese public prosecutor, Luis Bilro Verao, says the case against the McCanns has come to an “impasse.”
Little consolation, I imagine, for Kate and Gerry. They know their names will never be cleared until Madeleine is found — doubt will always linger. It’s the way we’re wired.
Do you remember the moment you heard the news about their alleged involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance?

Nice to see that only 1 view point is being considered. FWIW-This is an excellent article written by a priest. I find it's good to read and consider all information and views when learning and discussing a case.

Well, you certainly know my opinion on this! :)

I do think there's been a rush to judgment. I'm really hoping something comes of these two sightings of her in Morocco. Even though it's been a while ago now, I've had this hope that maybe, just maybe she's still alive.

I do think there's been a rush to judgment. I'm really hoping something comes of these two sightings of her in Morocco. Even though it's been a while ago now, I've had this hope that maybe, just maybe she's still alive.

I hope too, Irish, but my gut tells me we probably won't see her alive again.

I hope too, Irish, but my gut tells me we probably won't see her alive again.

That's how I've been feeling too, SCM. But, just for today, I have a glimmer of hope.

Chances are that you are right. :(

I do IrishMist.:blowkiss:

Doesn't surprise me........ya'll have a good evening.

Hi philamena....

I think that there has been a rush to judgment. I think that lots of people cannot get past the fact that they showed terrible judgment in leaving those children alone. I think some of those people can say it don't make them murderers, but can't actually feel it.That's not a dig at anyone, I think it's human nature.

Hi philamena....

I think that there has been a rush to judgment. I think that lots of people cannot get past the fact that they showed terrible judgment in leaving those children alone. I think some of those people can say it don't make them murderers, but can't actually feel it.That's not a dig at anyone, I think it's human nature.

I couldn't agree more, Brefie. It seems to be at the core for a lot of the belief that they killed their daughter, IMO.

I couldn't agree more, Brefie. It seems to be at the core for a lot of the belief that they killed their daughter, IMO.

Not for me, my thing with the parents is Kate's not in a coma? Weak, dehydrated, suffering, irritable, inconsolable, those kinds of things. Cry me a river.

Not for me, my thing with the parents is Kate's not in a coma? Weak, dehydrated, suffering, irritable, inconsolable, those kinds of things. Cry me a river.

Kool, maybe it's because I'm so tired tonight that I shouldn't even be reading on here let alone attempting to post, but I don't get this?

Are you saying you think they are guilty because they are coping?

Hi philamena....

I couldn't agree more Brefie.
If I live to be 100 I will never understand anyone leaving 3 children alone.

Kool, maybe it's because I'm so tired tonight that I shouldn't even be reading on here let alone attempting to post, but I don't get this?

Are you saying you think they are guilty because they are coping?

I'm saying their behavior to me, isn't that of innocent parents. All of their actions before during and after lead me to believe their involved with her disappearance. Everything. They personally haven't been able to convince me otherwise. Setting aside others opinions, leaks etc... Just the McCanns themselves haven't convinced me otherwise.

My instinct and intuition has me feeling this way, nothing else.

Maybe they are in shock.

I didn't cry at my father's funeral. Neither did my mother. It didn't seem real. Sometimes I think people mentally remove themselves because the pain of what is happening is so great.

I admit that the parents leaving Madeline alone has me leaning toward their being involved. But, until facts are sorted from fiction, I have to be on the fence.

moo

I'm saying their behavior to me, isn't that of innocent parents. All of their actions before during and after lead me to believe their involved with her disappearance. Everything. They personally haven't been able to convince me otherwise. Setting aside others opinions, leaks etc... Just the McCanns themselves haven't convinced me otherwise.

My instinct and intuition has me feeling this way, nothing else.

Thanks for explaining, I understand what you meant now.

Until this case is solved all have to go on is our gut feeling, and not everyone thinks the same, so there are going to be people for the McCanns and people against them, we all come to different conclusions from what we read and the actions we see. My gut feeling is the MCanns were involved in Madelaines disappearance, but we have not enough evidence at this stage to prove it, and also to not prove their innocence. I dont think we have all the information that the LE have, so we play the waiting game, while the LE try and solve this horrid crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer