General Discussion Thread No. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the new thread Jeana....I hope that by the time it is full we have the answer to what happened to Madeleine!!

90392729_5__9DG.jpg

Originally Posted by IrishMist
I know. I was upset about that too. From my link above, it says that the police told the one lady that Madeliene was presumed dead. And it took the police a month to ask for the CCV tapes of the sighting at the gas station!! A month! The tapes had been recorded over at that point!

How much valuable time was lost? How much valuable information?

I can't blame the McCann's one bit for hiring their own investigators.

Originally posted by Philamena
I agree with you IrishMist.
Those original tapes could have been taped over 100 times by now. Wasted time is right. Prayers that she'll be found.

Wasted time?...depends on who you believe:

(from: http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2007/09/morocco-police-and-madeleine-sightings.html)

"In the video from the shop at the gas station, according to the same source from Moroccan Police, Mrs Mari Pollard is seen coming inside the shop and buying water and other small items. But there is no child at all, in the images taken inside the shop. Also, in the videos from CCTV cameras at both hotels there is no child that looks like Madeleine."

I think those tapes were checked, I also think the reported sighting was suspect too.

docwho3 said:
Wasn't the "pact" later explained to have meant that they let the parents of the missing child be the spokesman about the case (rather than having each of them be putting out a confusing and possibly accidently misleading hash from several mouths)?

If so then JT messed up. It was her, now questionable, eye witness that helped to finger Murat . Others now have been reported as coming forward now,too. The timeline of who was where and when has the "pact" at odds with eachother. . .
Well, for that to have happened they must not have stuck to the original agreement of allowing the parents to be the spokesmen for the information about the case, otherwise there would be no information for us to think was contradictory. If they did not stick to the thing forever that is really understandable in such a huge case as this. It is sort of just human nature. I see nothing sinister in their earlier attempt to let the family field info questions and nothing all that unusual in more talking happening as time goes on in the huge case with all the publicity and news hounds dogging everyone. And then there are the intentional "leaks" by L.E. which have added more misinformation in some cases which also adds to the perception that there is more conflict between stories than perhaps there is. Add to the mix that in any case there is some disagreement in memories between multiple witnesses (that's why eye witness testimony is such an unreliable thing in cases) and as a result you have the confusing messy case which we are now viewing.

Just because the public is just now hearing about some of these sightings...doesn't mean they have not already been checked and dismissed as not credible.

It seems to me that the tabloids would take that alleged picture from Morocco and show it around at all the local hotels and restaurants until they get those people identified. Just because the police haven't done it doesn't mean it is impossible. Look at what they are wearing - easily identifiable, if you ask me. I think it's just a matter of time now it's out in the press.

Just so that we all know....

Breaking News

From: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1285900,00.html

Photo Girl 'Not Missing Madeleine'
Updated: 15:42, Wednesday September 26, 2007

The recent photo purportedly showing Madeleine McCann is not of the missing girl, according to reports from Morocco.

Sky News understands the girl is from a local family.

Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt said the reports from Morocco were unofficial but he understood that the child in the photo came from a farming family.

(continues)

I'm glad the picture was debunked. Now we can move on . . .

Article with picture of child and father - looks like she has dark skin and eyes:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=484109&in_page_id=1770&ito=newsnow

Maddie is very pale - that's obviously not her.

Hopes that the latest sighting was the missing four-year-old faded today when a Moroccan family came forward and said she was the daughter of a poor Moroccan farmer.

The blonde girl, named Boulchra Benaissa, who was spotted being carried along a dusty road by a group of Moroccans near Tangier, bore a striking resemblance to Madeleine.

One thing I was thinking about all these theories of Maddie being passed off from the kidnappers to someone else due to the heat of the case - why wouldn't the kidnappers just say they "found" Maddie somewhere so they could be heroes and get the reward?

If someone had given Madeleine to these farmers, why wouldn't they claim the reward money? That's what the reward is supposed to do - make people give the child back.

I'm relieved that one is over.

I thought this thread was locked?? :confused:

ETA: Oh geez, that was the other thread. :doh:

I thought this thread was locked?? :confused:

ETA: Oh geez, that was the other thread. :doh:

This is probably a better place to talk about it from here on out....

That thread was really just for trying to figure out if it was her or not...

BTW, Thoughtfox, was there really a picture of the actual little girl and her father on that link you posted, because it is not there now, I am curious.

I'm glad the picture was debunked. Now we can move on . . .

Article with picture of child and father - looks like she has dark skin and eyes:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=484109&in_page_id=1770&ito=newsnow

Maddie is very pale - that's obviously not her.

One thing I was thinking about all these theories of Maddie being passed off from the kidnappers to someone else due to the heat of the case - why wouldn't the kidnappers just say they "found" Maddie somewhere so they could be heroes and get the reward?

If someone had given Madeleine to these farmers, why wouldn't they claim the reward money? That's what the reward is supposed to do - make people give the child back.

I'm relieved that one is over.

Oh, but could you imagine the "grilling" anyone who just "finds" her and brings her in would face? It would be very dangerous for the actual kidnapper to do that. The level of LE involved with this case could quickly determine if the "finding" was dodgy I would think.

But that is something to think on...if she had been kidnapped, after all this publicity and global attention, why would a kidnapper continue to hold her? It seems to me that they would never let her outside and never try to collect a ransom, etc.

Unless it's pedophiles....don't want to go there....can't sorry.

Colomom: I can still see it, but I guess the cookie is still in my computer. Here it is - you can put this in the gallery:

MaddieLook-AlikeinMorocco.jpg

Colomom: I can still see it, but I guess the cookie is still in my computer. Here it is - you can put this in the gallery:

Wow, she is really little, people who saw that were right on....

Thanks Thoughtfox!! I will put it in the gallery right now.

There is a striking resemblance!

Don't you agree that her skin is as dark as her father's? In the original photo, I think the sun was shining really brightly on her hair, making her look pale.

Beautiful little girl.

This is probably a better place to talk about it from here on out....

That thread was really just for trying to figure out if it was her or not...

BTW, Thoughtfox, was there really a picture of the actual little girl and her father on that link you posted, because it is not there now, I am curious.

Thanks for letting us post about the picture here, but I thought I hit the wrong thread. (I've done that more than once. :blushing:)

Thanks for letting us post about the picture here, but I thought I hit the wrong thread. (I've done that more than once. :blushing:)

This is an "open thread" for sure...anything goes...

Well, not anything....:D

Pictures are posted in the Gallery!

Don't you agree that her skin is as dark as her father's? In the original photo, I think the sun was shining really brightly on her hair, making her look pale.

Beautiful little girl.

Not quite as dark, bet it would be if she was outside alot (compare his hand by her arm). I agree, beautiful and I can see why people were excited.

I too, have been noticing lately just how many little 3 year old girls I see that look alot like Maddie.

She's an adorable little girl and does bear a resemblance to Madeleine.

I'm glad it turned out to be a real child and not some photoshopped hoax. The McCanns jumping on this made me really suspicious, especially with the video they released at 100 days where they said they don't let themselves get their hopes up.

Kate McCann: To be honest, we don’t go through that emotional rollercoaster in regards to the sightings. Emmm. You know the only thing we’ll be happy for is when we know it’s definitely Madeleine, but we don’t go through the ups and downs of that.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1677502&postcount=105

They didn't believe the sightings in Malta, nor the "100% positive" account of the woman in Belgium. So why did they believe this? Spin maybe?

She's an adorable little girl and does bear a resemblance to Madeleine.

I'm glad it turned out to be a real child and not some photoshopped hoax. The McCanns jumping on this made me really suspicious, especially with the video they released at 100 days where they said they don't let themselves get their hopes up.

Kate McCann: To be honest, we don’t go through that emotional rollercoaster in regards to the sightings. Emmm. You know the only thing we’ll be happy for is when we know it’s definitely Madeleine, but we don’t go through the ups and downs of that.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1677502&postcount=105

They didn't believe the sightings in Malta, nor the "100% positive" account of the woman in Belgium. So why did they believe this? Spin maybe?

Everything I've read said they were "guarded" about this sighting. I was even impressed that they didn't jump all over it. Where are you finding that they believed this one? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member