1082 users online (242 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Melanie Goodwin, 19, abducted & murdered, Denton, 25 Sept 2007

Female body found in Carrollton

05:59 PM CDT on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

From Staff Reports
    A burned female body was found in Carrollton on Tuesday, and police were asking the public for its help in identifying the person.
    The body was discovered about 11 a.m. in the 3200 block of Keller Springs Road. The person appeared to be in her teens or early 20s and was about 5 feet, 6 inches tall, Carrollton police said.
    The cause of death was unknown.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...10c4bb20f.html

This is my hometown, and also the home of Susan Smalley and Stacie Madison (see thread in Missing Discussion). Plug 3200 Keller Springs, Carrollton, TX into Google Maps and look at the satellite image. That image is still pretty accurate. I'm guessing she was found in one of those groups of trees you see. Not a lot of information unfortunately. Hopefully more will unfold soon.

The news just did an update. They said 15-25 years old. Their video showed a building with an empty parking lot. Not sure if it's deserted or not. And I'm not sure if they just went and took a random picture of the building in the 3200 block or if that was the actual location. There was no police activity or tape in the video.

Oh that is so horrible! Please keep us updated!

If you google Carrollton, TX 3200 Keller Springs (on Google News) it gives a summary that says:

At about 11:15 am Tuesday, Carrollton police arrived at a home on the 3200 block of Keller Springs Road where the burned body of a white or Hispanic female

But when you click on the link it doesn't say that in the story. If you look at the satellite imagery you'll see that there are 2 houses right there. Those houses have been there as long as I can remember. 20+ years. But I don't know why the teaser would say this and the story doesn't.

This link has video!

http://cbs11tv.com/local/local_story_268215532.html

Body Of Young Woman Found Burned In Carrollton

Brooke Richie
    Reporting

(CBS 11 News) CARROLLTON Carrollton police made a gruesome discovery Tuesday when they found the body of a burned woman.

She was found in a grassy area near a business parking lot in the 3200 of Keller Springs Road.

Police believe she was dumped there overnight and set on fire.

Good find Dellemma. I wonder if it's someone that isn't even missed yet. If it just happened overnight and she's young, college age, she may not even be missed. :-(

Another update:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...10ff9328b.html

Police said the woman was last seen talking with a man early Tuesday morning at a convenience store at Mayhill Road and Interstate 35E in Denton. The couple then left in the woman's red two-door 2002 Saturn with Texas license plate Z57WBT.

That license plate is registered to GLENN A GOODWIN who lives in Arlington. Arlington is a good 35 minutes from this location. Denton (the article mentioned above) is also about 30 minutes in a different direction.

I should also mention that Denton is home to University of North Texas. So she could be from Arlington and going to school at UNT.

Other people living at the home of the Goodwin guy mentioned above are

GOODWIN,CANDACE CRISTEN (25) and GOODWIN,MELANIE THERESE (19)

Off to look for myspace accounts

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=40675405 - Melanie's myspace. Student at UNT. 19 years old. :-( Last login 9/23/07.

If I had to wager a guess, this is her. Now who did it.

Her best friend (?) has this on her comments from today.

"Mo, brittany called me late tonight. If I can do anything for you, please call me. That was about 5 miles from my office. I love you Mo!!!!!!! "

She's a BEAUTIFUL girl. Wow. I'm assuming the police know her identity and are just looking for the guy now. What a horrible shame. Sick bastard.

The physical description of victim and of Melanie match.. what a a d**n shame. She sounds like a wonderful happy bubbly girl ..and she was gorgeous. I wonder if the male seen getting in her car at the convience store was her boyfriend or someone from campus .. maybe a classmate? Her myspace has just been changed to private....

Dang- I wish I had screen captured it before it went private. Her sister was online just a minute ago, so I'm sure she's the one that set it private.

I found a cashed version of her page, and made screen captures. I can e-mail them later. Just let me know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast