1069 users online (219 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Woman's 9/11 survival story questioned

link

NEW YORK - A nonprofit organization for 9/11 survivors removed its president after questions were raised about her harrowing account of how she survived but lost a loved one in the World Trade Center attack.
    Tania Head has said that she was badly burned on the 78th floor of the south tower, that she was saved by a man who died trying to save others, and that a dying man handed her his inscribed wedding ring, which she later returned to his widow.
    She also said her husband, or fiance, died in the north tower.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

I am so not surprised at this story. My husband is FDNY and narrowly got out. But there are lots and lots of people who have attached themselves to this tragedy. We hear of people who try to send their children to survivor camp experiences to those who want medical benefits to those who want survivor benefits. Yeah, we've all heard or Tania Head. Everybody sort of questioned her role. Most people realized that she was a wannabe. What I don't understand is how anyone would choose to be a member of that club.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by NK57 View Post
    I am so not surprised at this story. My husband is FDNY and narrowly got out. But there are lots and lots of people who have attached themselves to this tragedy. We hear of people who try to send their children to survivor camp experiences to those who want medical benefits to those who want survivor benefits. Yeah, we've all heard or Tania Head. Everybody sort of questioned her role. Most people realized that she was a wannabe. What I don't understand is how anyone would choose to be a member of that club.

Nancy
    Dearest NK57,
    I am grateful for your post.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
    dark_shadows

Nancy
    They would be very sad people NK.

OMgosh, this is so strange. The article disproved everything apparently, but I didn't see anything about the ring. Was she ever able to prove that?

Unbelievable.

I remember seeing a news story (Dateline, 20/20?) about a badly burned woman saved by someone else...was this her?

Hi guys. You would be surprised how many people have latched onto 9/11 as their personal "cause". There are plenty of Tania Heads out there. There is another group of women from Hastings NY who go to fire houses once a month and cook for the shift. In 6 years they have gotten through three boroughs. Its always "we love you for what you did on 9/11". Frankly the guys are kinda embarrassed by it. They call this group "the fire sluts". Like I just don't get it. I asked one of them do you ever ask any of the guys about their asthma or other illnesses they've developed? She replied "No, we just love them".. Strange.. go figure.

Nancy

I wonder why people like them haven't been exposed more on the news. I guess as long as they are "giving" (dinner, "love", etc) it's ok? I can understand showing appreciation, but what these gals are doing sounds yucky. (That's about the only word I could think of! lol)

As strange as they sound, it's one thing to cook for firemen so you can vicariously live off the memories of what happened. But to lie and put yourself out there as a victim is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    As strange as they sound, it's one thing to cook for firemen so you can vicariously live off the memories of what happened. But to lie and put yourself out there as a victim is disgusting.
    Sounds like one is a type of Munchausen and the other is Munchausen-by-proxy. In a weird way. (That probably doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but I hope someone gets what I'm saying!) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Sounds like one is a type of Munchausen and the other is Munchausen-by-proxy. In a weird way. (That probably doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but I hope someone gets what I'm saying!) lol
    I understand 100%.

I totally get the Munchausen similarity. Yes, these girls are kinda yucky in a sad sort of slutty way. I know one of them pretty well. I alternate between feeling sorry for her and wanting to swat her like a mosquito. LOL, about 1/4 of the dpet has retired since 9/11. what theyve been replaced with are kids who were in the 9th or 10th grade when 9/11 occured. They love the attention from the fire cooker women.

Nancy

How sad. Wonder why her family hasn't spoken out against her? She said she filed for no money...so you KNOW that she was NOT a 9/11 victim. What a piece of crap she is for lying about this. Hope it doesn't hurt their fundraising efforts.

Me personally ... I kind of think that is a nice gesture. What am I missing here?

Hi guys. You would be surprised how many people have latched onto 9/11 as their personal "cause". There are plenty of Tania Heads out there. There is another group of women from Hastings NY who go to fire houses once a month and cook for the shift. In 6 years they have gotten through three boroughs. Its always "we love you for what you did on 9/11". Frankly the guys are kinda embarrassed by it. They call this group "the fire sluts". Like I just don't get it. I asked one of them do you ever ask any of the guys about their asthma or other illnesses they've developed? She replied "No, we just love them".. Strange.. go figure.

Nancy

IMO, people that lie about being connected to 9/11 need mental help and/or criminal prosecution.

Nancy
    the fire sluts ... how very rude of them ..these people take the time to cook for them and they call them that ? how incredibly rude

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast