690 users online (60 members and 630 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TN - Newborn Found with Pacifier Taped in Mouth

When I was young and bold and strong,
    The right was right, the wrong was wrong.
    With plume on high and flag unfurled,
    I rode away to right the world.
    But now I’m old - and good and bad,
    Are woven in a crazy plaid.
    I sit and say the world is so,
    And wise is s/he who lets it go.
    Dorothy Parker

Not another one?

You know TM...Babies aren't safe anywhere anymore, are they? I honestly wonder what is wrong with people that they have no compassion, no sense, no love for the babies.

Dorothy Parker

IF that was my baby found like that, the person who did it wouldn't be able to tape anything shut again. errrrrrrrr

In March 2005, it was investigated by DHS after a child it was caring for died from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). The department found no wrongdoing or foul play, and no licensing action was taken.

They better reopen that case, but it's probably too late.

ARGH.

I thought the same thing! If I were the parents of the SIDS baby, I would be raising cain!

Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Fermi View Post
    You know TM...Babies aren't safe anywhere anymore, are they? I honestly wonder what is wrong with people that they have no compassion, no sense, no love for the babies.
    I'm so mad right now. She's lucky that baby didn't die. Like the other mysteriously dead baby.

OMG It makes you wonder just what is going on out there in the world. Who would have ever even considered putting tape on a child? I can only think of one word, MONSTER.
    That person needs to go to jail. They are a danger to the health and welfare of the community.

I heard on the news yesterday that the person who taped a pacifer to a baby's mouth wasn't being charged. I wonder if it was this case? Was there any other case where this happened recently?

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    I heard on the news yesterday that the person who taped a pacifer to a baby's mouth wasn't being charged. I wonder if it was this case? Was there any other case where this happened recently?
    Bobbi,The two women in the above case were arrested and charged on Friday ( http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=7142946&nav=0RYv ). I think you must have been hearing about this case:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...cifier28m.html

EVERETT — No cause has been established for the death of a baby whose mother had taped a pacifier to his face, and she probably will not be prosecuted for murder or manslaughter, Snohomish County prosecutors say.

Bonnie M. Desmond, 19, of Lake Stevens, was charged with first-degree manslaughter after Noah James Petersen, 4 months, was found dead in his crib June 18. She told investigators she used a couple of strips of transparent tape to hold a pacifier in the baby's mouth to help him get to sleep.

The charge was dismissed in early July because the case had not been brought to Snohomish County Superior Court within the deadline to meet a speedy trial requirement.

Another article:

Pacifier Did Not Cause Baby's Death

EVERETT, Wash. - The Snohomish County medical examiner's office says a pacifier that was taped to a baby's face did not cause it to die.

The prosecutor's office says the child's death is unexplained, but it was not manslaughter. So the 19-year-old mother, Bonnie Desmond, probably will not be charged.

So we're supposed to believe this baby just dropped dead? How can they be sure he didn't slowly suffocate because he couldn't breathe through his nose?

Thanks Deb...I thought it was a mother that wasn't going to be charged. I wonder how many babies at that Day Care had their mouths taped and were placed in dark windowless bathrooms??? I'm glad that those two are being charged.

I would imagine that no one but the mother of that little baby will know what really happened to him. Maybe she doesn't even know if it happened to be SIDS.

Okay, sorry if I come across sounded like a sarcastic B****, but what IDIOT in their right mind would not realize that those holes on a baby's face are for BREATHING, and when there are things over them, such as tape baby can't breathe? Who are these cretins that are bearing children? Seriously! Has society taken an extra large dose of stupid lately?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    So we're supposed to believe this baby just dropped dead? How can they be sure he didn't slowly suffocate because he couldn't breathe through his nose?
    I would think if a baby cried while a pacifier was taped in its mouth, the nose would become stuffed up and it would be very possible to slowly suffocate. I wonder how they ruled that possibility out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    Thanks Deb...I thought it was a mother that wasn't going to be charged. I wonder how many babies at that Day Care had their mouths taped and were placed in dark windowless bathrooms??? I'm glad that those two are being charged.

I would imagine that no one but the mother of that little baby will know what really happened to him. Maybe she doesn't even know if it happened to be SIDS.
    I bet they've been doing it for years.

I guess it's possible the baby died of SIDS. The case I posted, the baby also had his arms tied to his side.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast