Leno, O'Brien lead late-night for another year

Dark Knight

Reaction score
NBC still rules the roost in late-night.

"The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" lodged its 12th consecutive broadcast year in the lead, with "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" winning 13 straight years in its time period, according to Nielsen Media Research data for the TV season ending last week.

"Leno" (5.5 million viewers) came out ahead of CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman" (4 million) and ABC's "Nightline" (3.4 million) for the full year. "Leno" was down from 5.7 million viewers the year before, and "Letterman" down from 4.1 million. "Nightline" remained even.

ABC's "The Jimmy Kimmel Show," which airs at 12:05 a.m. ET, was up to 1.7 million viewers from 1.6 million.

NBC won again at 12:35 a.m. with "Conan O'Brien" (2.3 million vs. 2.4 million the year before). CBS' "Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson" (1.9 million) at 12:35 a.m., and "The Carson Daly Show" (1.4 million) at 1:35 a.m. were about even with the previous year.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/34238/news/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20070928:latenight_dc__ER:26356

If I am not mistaken, Leno has announced his retirement and Conan is slated to take his place on the tonight show. I love Conan at times (Chuck Norris bits are great) but I don't know if he can play the Tonight Show straight enough to be plausible.

Cal

If I am not mistaken, Leno has announced his retirement and Conan is slated to take his place on the tonight show. I love Conan at times (Chuck Norris bits are great) but I don't know if he can play the Tonight Show straight enough to be plausible.

Cal

I agree. He seems a little too "out there" for the Tonight Show crowd.

Of course they lead in that time slot. There is nothing left to watch on TV that late. :crazy:

I love Conan but my absolute late-night favorite is Craig F. He is hilarious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back