781 users online (89 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Not enough effort to fine LeeAnna

It seems to me that there has not been enough effort to find this child. Even the parents and the grandparents don't seem as concerned as they should be. I would think that if school is supposed to start soon, wouldn't she be going to school this year? Someone needs to register this child. I would get bulletins out to the Supt. of Schools at least in the surrounding states. I can't believe these people that just let a child wander off like this.

This case truly has me baffled. I too find it reprehensible the child was gone for four hours and the parents didn't check--I don't let my seven year old go next door, for pete's sake. And my older daughter has to call as soon as she gets to a friend's house, if she doesn't, I get in the car, go looking for her, and pick her up to bring her home.

So far, I've only had to do that once to remind her that she HAS to call me, so I know right away if she got there okay. (and that's less than a block away.)

Just makes me sick.

The Amber Alert should have been issued. It shouldn't be up to LE to decide who took the child, before they issue the alert.

Why no media attention?

I truly do not get it. Laci Peterson disappears and every national news agency in the country devotes hours to her story for months on end. LeeAnna Warner disappears and there is virtually no news, no attention, for weeks. She is a helpless child who was heading off to do the most innocent of childhood past times - skipping barefoot to her friend's house to play, hopefully not a care in the world. She is snatched, disappears into thin air. Oh, well. No interest, no attention.

I know the reason is that LeeAnna would not attract the viewers, etc., that Laci attracted. But maybe, just maybe, someone who had some information which could lead to LeeAnna's whereabouts would see the story, toss and turn that night in bed, and the next morning, call the police with a tip that just might bring LeeAnna home.

Let me be the first to say that I have been as interested in Laci's story as anyone. It has really touched a nerve with me. It is heartbreaking, truly. It is what brought me to this forum to begin with. I just wish that LeeAnna would get a fraction of the attention Laci got. I wish that all missing people would get that attention so that they could be brought home and give their families closure.

Just my opionion....

Juliana, you took the words right out of my mouth! I too have followed the Laci Peterson case from the get go. I have at times felt guilty while I have been watching, reading and thinking about Laci and Conner. I know there are so many missing loved ones out there who don't get a drop of the attention they have gotten. Don't get me wrong-I don't begrudge them that whatsoever, I just wish others would get some of the same.

Recently(can't remember where) I came across a story online about an african-american girl abt. 12 years old who was abducted and murdered. Body found in the water decomposing. Never heard a word about it even tho it was a four hour ride from my house. Seems the guy who took her was her mother's boyfriend who was previously convicted of raping his sister's friend while she spent the night at their house. The first time she was allowed to sleep over at someones house, by the way-how sad. A few years later he's out of prison and nowhe's killing...ugh!

Someone on WS in the past suggested a channel devoted to missing people. I think that would be awesome. With all the wealthy sports stars, celebrities and business people donating, I think it would be a breeze to start something like that.

I also agree with many of the other posts, I think the behavior of the parents and LE is suspicious.

My opinion only...
    Last edited by shihtzulovr; 08-21-2003 at 03:17 PM.

I think the fascination with Lacy Peterson is it's a prime time Lifetime movie in the making. Sex, drugs, affair, good looking husband....yada yada.

I agree with Julianna that this precious innocent child should get as much if not MORE coverage. Actually Lacy has been found, THIS CHILD HAS NOT! It's pretty obvious the husband was involved with her and Connor...NOONE HAS A CLUE for this innocent child? Someone on this thread called the police in that town to see why there was no coverage and they acted like they had their heads up their butt and basically said they had "no new information"? HEY GET A CLUE...THEY HAVE NEVER HAD ANY INFORMATION!@!!!!!!

All I can say is Danielle made headlines because her PARENTS kept her in the news. They hired an marketing advertising company, solicited every Child Advocacy agency group they could find, contacted the media and KEPT IT IN THE NEWS despite their lifestyle choices.

I also have tremendous respect for the cops out their in San Diego for being so diligent and going into the neighbors houses IMMEDIATELY and wasting no time to "think about it". Sadly there are still too many police around our nation who still believe that when crimes happen it's only their business and "they will get to it when they can" but then never do because their are so many missing people and their workload can't handle it?!!!

We need to stand up and realize that when stuff like this happens it's EVERYONE'S BUSINESS and the cops should not keep information to them selves. It is 99.9% the PUBLIC that brings missing people home and/or helps find who did it.

I am so sick and tired of these back woods police people who hold info "secretly" in the name of the investagation but also are the first ones to tell you they have too many cases and we have to just deal with their incompetence. Look at Ashley Pond...what idiots...they had the guy ...spoken from the first missing girl's mouth...she filed complaints of him...HE WAS SO GUILTY AND they never even investigated his house for months and at the cost of another innocent child and his son's girlfriend being raped.

Let's face it, cops are people like you and me...their is no standard that they have any sense. Look at the child welfare people...most of them don't even like children, never follow up on abuse complaints, put the kids right back in hideious homes and falsify paperwork so they don't have to think about visiting them? And we are supposed to sit back and "trust" THEY ARE HERE TO HELP CHILDREN.

Sorry for rambling but this makes me so mad. I believe in getting the word out to anyone..including evidence and everything.
    Last edited by Bailey1; 08-22-2003 at 01:47 AM.
    So many clowns, too few circuses.

Bailey

I agree with every point you made in the above post...I find it hearbreaking that there hasn't been any more news about this case also.

Rocky,

Wack off the winkie...

ROFLMAO!!!

Aussie

JumpinJaneFlashGuest

WHOA!!

Let's face it, cops are people like you and me...their is no standard that they have any sense. Look at the child welfare people...most of them don't even like children, never follow up on abuse complaints, put the kids right back in hideious homes and falsify paperwork so they don't have to think about visiting them? And we are supposed to sit back and "trust" THEY ARE HERE TO HELP CHILDREN.

As a current public health social worker and a former child welfare worker who very much loves children I take offense to this!!!! Our system sucks so be very careful where your judgement lands. For one thing, the case loads are extremely high for child protection workers. Everyone working with children is a mandated reporter meaning if they know something is wrong they are obligated by law to report. This means daycare providers, teachers etc. Not everyone does this! For another thing, there is so much dysfuntion, so much that ties the hands of CP workers that sometimes they get give up. If cases that are obvious offenses get off by the judges why try? I'm not trying to defend lazy social workers by the way. You find laziness and apathy in every discipline. There are lazy cops, waiters, lawyers, doctors etc. and some social workers are no different. What I am trying to do is remind you that most of us went into social worker because we like to defend the cause of the disenfranchised of society and because we have hearts of compassion. T.V does nothing to depict this and the media loves to sensationalize when things go wrong but the truth is, someone has to be on the front lines defending children!! And the truth is, many times social workers can't win. We are either perceived as not doing enough or being too involved. It's not an easy job and certainly many mistakes are made. But until we get a better system it's all we've got. Instead of knocking it, support your social workers and child abuse prevention and crime prevention centers. Get involved in prevention!!!

You know what I do? I teach parenting and compassion to very young parents and to teens BEFORE it happens. I have 2 fulltime jobs, parent myself and recently got my master's in social work. I love what I do and believe in it but I also find time to embrace those kids walking around "unparented" in my community, to begin support groups and to make sure my kids know they are loved and where they are every hour of the day. We all have to do our part..every one of us!! We have to get involved!! It's so easy to point fingers and blame and so much harder to find some way to be responsible ourselves.

I just can't stand that there is never any news on poor LeeAnna. The local media especially needs to keep her name, picture and story in the news. Somebody knows what happened to LeeAnna. Maybe somebody is having trouble sleeping at night because they have a suspicion about something they may have seen or heard. If they are constantly reminded about LeeAnna maybe their conscience will get the best of them and they will report it to LE. I pray that LeeAnna is safe somewhere, being taken care of, but if not, she deserves to be found and laid to rest.

Just my opinion...

JumpinJaneFlash (cute name? ha)... I agree the "system" needs to be changed but the system is the people, right? I applaud you for being one of the good ones...but excuse me for being so tired of hearing of children lost, being returned time and time again to abusive relationships, falsified records, Foster parents w/pedaphile history, never visiting the kids, never following up. Showing up at the door seeing the kid nicely dressed then leaving and writing it off as the kid is ok? Florida is a mess. I don't trust these social workers anymore...all I can do is pray that these kids will have the right people intervene. How about the slap on the wrist these people get when they DON'T do their jobs? They should be more than fired (which many don't get that)...THEY SHOULD BE LOCKED UP.

I'm sick of the "I'm over worked" excuse..who isn't. Truth is, social workers get kids assigned and they should do their job with each one. Any abusive parent should have NO RIGHTS...one strike you are out. I HATE THE FACT OUR SYSTEM STILL BELIEVES THE PARENTS ARE THE BEST OPTION....

helping

One thing I think we can do...

We can start empowering ourselves., to get involved etc...

We can write our congressmen, our governer etc. These are the people who help in the decisionmaking of how money is spent at state levels.

We need to start pressuring these people to make these important issues, we need to get more involved in a solution.

2 cents worth..

vote for me in 04...lol

JumpinJaneFlashGuest
    Well, I think there are bad social workers just like there are bad anybody's! I agree with you but to expect social workers to carry all the burden while we turn our heads is another story. I don't know about you but I see kids in my neighborhood wandering all the time. I see teens with no parent home wondering who they are and looking for anyone to give them an identity. I see emotionally hungry kids looking for touch and easy prey for pedophiles. I mean I just think we as a community need to get more involved in the prevention aspect BEFORE it goes to the judges or to the state. We all need to turn that tv off and that computer off (I'm one to talk uh?) and get involved!! Anyway that's just my take!!! I do hear Fla.'s social service system is horrible!! Have a good 'un!!

camsmomGuest
    You know why there has not been media attention about Leanna, don't you. The family doesn't have any money!!!!!

Should I list the examples:
    Danielle VanDam (God love her..I followed her case every day)
    Chandra Levy... we all know why
    Samantha Runion..his trial is still to come and God love her mother for pushing Samantha's voice. I personally think this made headlines because of Danielle.
    Elizabeth Smart. Thank God she was found. But she never disappeared from our eyes. Quite the mansion she was taken from.

What about Leanna,
    What about Christian,
    What about the children that are missing with no voice at all?(money)

I guess the media puts a price tag on every missing person, who will bring the most $$$$. Pathetic.

The family may not have any money but they sure as hell have a voice, arms, legs, TIME..yet I have heard S-Q-U-A-T from them.

I am kinda tired of hearing the money blues from people regarding who is in the media who isn't. The Van Dam's were not rich in my view..they were probably average middle class. Point is, it is the PARENTS who are ultimately responsible for any news on their child. You don't need money to miss and desperately do whatever it takes to get your child back. If it takes showing up at the local news station, blasting the newspapers or standing in the middle of an intersection throwing youself on oncoming cars to get people's attn...you do it. You don't sit back and wonder why your 5yr. old didn't come back in an hour..let alone 4 hrs when you said "bye bye" at the door..all while she had no shoes and a major concert was going on. All because "that's how they do it down there"...all while they just MOVED there no less and knew none of the neighbors they never watched their child go too...hense, when she didn't make it...believing she "innocently" was playing somewhere 4hrs later.

:dontknow:

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast