1053 users online (182 members and 871 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
    Chisholm Girl, LeeAnna Warner, Missing for 13 Years

http://kstp.com/news/missing-minneso...4326337/?cat=1
    By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
    George Carlin

ELOCsoul is offline Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"
    Just researching this case a little today, and a couple of things stand out at first blush:

1. The mother allowed a 5 year old girl to walk to a neighbor's house to play without first checking to verify the neighbor was home - that seems unusual to me.
    2. I have read that she noticed Leeanna missing about 5:30pm, but didn't call police until 3 hours or so later.
    3. Seems to have been an eventful year for the mom, looking for her biological mother, problems with a credit agency, suspended driver's license.

Not drawing any conclusions or making suggestions here, but this is interesting info.

Working very hard on this case independently. Please reach out if you’d like to collaborateor have any information

14 Years Gone

A few days after the anniversary of LeeAnna Warner's disappearance 14 years ago, I find myself asking where is LeeAnna? Being a native to Minnesota, this tragedy touched close to home. Having witnessed the unraveling of another Minnesota mystery, the 27-year-old cold case of Jacob Wetterling, after the confession of Danny Heinrich to the abduction, molestation, killing and disposal of Jacob's body, there is always hope that someone will come forward and solve this mystery. Godspeed LeeAnna.

http://kstp.com/news/missing-minneso...ange-/4326337/

Small Town Naďveté or Something More Sinister?

Thank you for sharing your observations! Here are some of my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    Just researching this case a little today, and a couple of things stand out at first blush:

1. The mother allowed a 5 year old girl to walk to a neighbor's house to play without first checking to verify the neighbor was home - that seems unusual to me.

If she were my child, though I have the luxury of hindsight, I likely would not have let her leave without first checking with the neighbor; however, I feel it needs to be argued there could be “small town mentality” in this case. With a population just shy of 5,000 people at the time of the 2000 census, there likely was a sense of safety, albeit false as this instance suggests. Living in a small town, it is perceived that everyone knows the comings and goings of neighbors. With a sense of security, it is easy to let one’s guard down. How many times have we heard, “nothing like that happens in our town?” Until it does…

2. I have read that she noticed Leeanna missing about 5:30pm, but didn't call police until 3 hours or so later.

Since the genesis of 9-1-1 in northern Minnesota in the 1980s, we were always told 9-1-1 was to be used only in dire emergencies. I still live with the fear of dialing 9-1-1 to this day. While I cannot speak for LeeAnna’s parents, I wonder if there wasn’t a fear of “calling out the cavalry.” Often children are found close to home. It could be argued that the parents were hesitant to call 9-1-1 until they were certain she wasn’t hiding in plain sight. These are conjectures, of course. There is a possibility, however, that the parents were involved in something more sinister.

3. Seems to have been an eventful year for the mom, looking for her biological mother, problems with a credit agency, suspended driver's license.

These events certainly could play into the disappearance of LeeAnna. I believe there could be more to this story that involves the parents about which we do not know. In a KSTP news feature to keep fresh LeeAnna’s disappearance, I found the mother’s choice of words in this interview interesting, “…I was trying to get her into the house and she wanted to say goodbye [to her friend]…” They just arrived home. Why goodbye? Her mother did not say LeeAnna wanted to go to her friend’s to play. She said, “…to say goodbye…” My mind thinks of many possibilities…none of them end well.

Here's that news feature:
    http://kstp.com/news/missing-minneso...ange-/4326337/

Not drawing any conclusions or making suggestions here, but this is interesting info.

Bumping for LeeAnna

I grew up in a small Minnesota town, years before this, but it was completely normal for all the children in the neighborhoods to roam freely for hours at a time. No calls to check with a parent first. Especially in the summer when you didn’t have to think about school the next day.

At LeeAnnas age, I had a friend down at the other end of the block I’d go play with, walking down the alley to get there.

I hope one day she will be found and her family can have answers.
    Last edited by Vegas Bride; 10-05-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

My husband and I came across this podcast that has helped develop new leads in another missing persons case: Tara Grimstead. It started in 2015 with a 10 year old case (she went missing in 2005), and an arrest was made in February of 2017 with a new lead. Court has indicted two suspects as of September 2017 thanks to awareness from this podcast.

This might be something that could help shed new light on Leeanna Warner and her whereabouts. I have sent in a suggestion for this to be a case he reviews. Perhaps it would help if others sent it in as well.

https://www.upandvanished.com/season2

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25